Should I retake DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

addminus

Full Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

I just took the DAT. I am unsure to whether I should retake it or not. I am planning to apply for this cycle (2017 cycle). Would have any chances as a "late"applicant with these scores?
PA:19
RC:19
QR:16
GC:17
OC:20

AA/TS/PA :18/18/19

My cumulative GPA: 3.7
Science GPA: 3.51
 
Ummm.. apply broadly and to schools where 18-19 is the average. An AA of 18 isn't a bad score by any means, but it will be hard to stand out from other applicants. Your GPA is solid so you have a fair chance.
 
It's a decent score paired with your GPA. However, a 20AA+ would definitely be better and significantly increase your chances at interviews. It is late though because you won't be eligible to take until mid-November.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ummm.. apply broadly and to schools where 18-19 is the average. An AA of 18 isn't a bad score by any means, but it will be hard to stand out from other applicants. Your GPA is solid so you have a fair chance.


Thank you. I really hope my extracurricular activities are gonna make up for this.
 
I have similar stats AA18 TS 19 and GPA 3.6..
I submitted my application early July.
However I haven't heard from any school yet.
If you can retake then do it, and if money is not a problem for you then you can give it a shot.
 
Really tough - our stats are practically the same 19AA 18PAT, 3.6 overall, and 3.3 science. I have 7 interviews, 3 waitlists/rejections - out of 15 schools. But, I applied day 1 - I would call the schools and see what they say. Your stats aren't what will hold you back. Its the timeline of things....

Oh no 🙁