addminus

2+ Year Member
May 27, 2016
Hey guys,

I just took the DAT. I am unsure to whether I should retake it or not. I am planning to apply for this cycle (2017 cycle). Would have any chances as a "late"applicant with these scores?
PA:19
RC:19
QR:16
GC:17
OC:20

AA/TS/PA :18/18/19

My cumulative GPA: 3.7
Science GPA: 3.51

8_man

Achievement Unlocked: Dental School
2+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Ummm.. apply broadly and to schools where 18-19 is the average. An AA of 18 isn't a bad score by any means, but it will be hard to stand out from other applicants. Your GPA is solid so you have a fair chance.

Reactions: 1 user

DC206R

7+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
It's a decent score paired with your GPA. However, a 20AA+ would definitely be better and significantly increase your chances at interviews. It is late though because you won't be eligible to take until mid-November.

About the Ads

addminus

2+ Year Member
May 27, 2016
Ummm.. apply broadly and to schools where 18-19 is the average. An AA of 18 isn't a bad score by any means, but it will be hard to stand out from other applicants. Your GPA is solid so you have a fair chance.

Thank you. I really hope my extracurricular activities are gonna make up for this.

Jul 23, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I have similar stats AA18 TS 19 and GPA 3.6..
I submitted my application early July.
However I haven't heard from any school yet.
If you can retake then do it, and if money is not a problem for you then you can give it a shot.

Charles_Darwin

2+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I think if money isn't a problem then maybe apply but be prepared to retake

Reactions: 1 users

addminus

2+ Year Member
May 27, 2016
Really tough - our stats are practically the same 19AA 18PAT, 3.6 overall, and 3.3 science. I have 7 interviews, 3 waitlists/rejections - out of 15 schools. But, I applied day 1 - I would call the schools and see what they say. Your stats aren't what will hold you back. Its the timeline of things....

Oh no :(

SailingFool

2+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental

I have 19AA/20PAT/22RC and my app was mailed out 7/29.

The only inkling of hope I have right now is the supplemental from Maryland, which, for the most part, means an interview. We shall see.

I'm trying to be patient.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.