Should I retake DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

addminus

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just took the DAT. I am unsure to whether I should retake it or not. I am planning to apply for this cycle (2017 cycle). Would have any chances as a "late"applicant with these scores?
PA:19
RC:19
QR:16
GC:17
OC:20

AA/TS/PA :18/18/19

My cumulative GPA: 3.7
Science GPA: 3.51

Members don't see this ad.

Ummm.. apply broadly and to schools where 18-19 is the average. An AA of 18 isn't a bad score by any means, but it will be hard to stand out from other applicants. Your GPA is solid so you have a fair chance.

Reactions: 1 user
It's a decent score paired with your GPA. However, a 20AA+ would definitely be better and significantly increase your chances at interviews. It is late though because you won't be eligible to take until mid-November.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ummm.. apply broadly and to schools where 18-19 is the average. An AA of 18 isn't a bad score by any means, but it will be hard to stand out from other applicants. Your GPA is solid so you have a fair chance.

Thank you. I really hope my extracurricular activities are gonna make up for this.

I have similar stats AA18 TS 19 and GPA 3.6..
I submitted my application early July.
However I haven't heard from any school yet.
If you can retake then do it, and if money is not a problem for you then you can give it a shot.

You have a good GPA but I'm not sure how good that DAT is for acceptance.

I think if money isn't a problem then maybe apply but be prepared to retake

Reactions: 1 users
You'll be fine

Thank you for the encouragement. I saw that you have a lot of research experience. Did schools take any notive about it during the interviews?

Really tough - our stats are practically the same 19AA 18PAT, 3.6 overall, and 3.3 science. I have 7 interviews, 3 waitlists/rejections - out of 15 schools. But, I applied day 1 - I would call the schools and see what they say. Your stats aren't what will hold you back. Its the timeline of things....

Oh no :(

Thank you for the encouragement. I saw that you have a lot of research experience. Did schools take any notive about it during the interviews?
A little. I would get asked a question about it at an interview or two