Should I send in an update letter???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redrose13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please Help! I know I am over thinking this but I'm not sure if its worth sending out an update letter. I wanted to let schools know what I have been up to during my gap year.

I've been volunteering with an organization that provides supportive housing to recently homeless populations. Since I've made it clear in my application and interviews that I want to work with at risk and underserved populations I felt that it was relevant.

Is it worth it???

Members don't see this ad.

Please Help! I know I am over thinking this but I'm not sure if its worth sending out an update letter. I wanted to let schools know what I have been up to during my gap year.

I've been volunteering with an organization that provides supportive housing to recently homeless populations. Since I've made it clear in my application and interviews that I want to work with at risk and underserved populations I felt that it was relevant.

Is it worth it???
Yes, so long as updates are welcomed by each school to which you plan to reach out. Read websites carefully for their policies on this issue.

Reactions: 3 users

Is it worth it???

Is it worth it? Why not? If the school opens updates, as long as you write a professional sounding, coherent, update with no grammatical errors, it couldn't possibly hurt. As for if it will ultimately make the difference between acceptance or not? Most likely not, but you never really know.

Reactions: 1 user