Should I study/review anything prior to matriculation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Rainbows&Waterfalls

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was recently accepted to my dream M.D. school and am eager to get started. However, I have been out of school for 1.5 years (for an extended gap year) and am worried that I am going to struggle with my classes at first (compared to my classmates that are fresh out of school). Should I be studying anything/reviewing material prior to matriculation?

Background: Over the past year I've taken the MCAT, published research, and maintained a full-time medical scribe job-so it's not like I've been super lazy. I've also had a long break with lots of travel and fun so it wouldn't be the end of the world if I hit the books early.

Any advice?
 
I was recently accepted to my dream M.D. school and am eager to get started.
Congratulations!

However, I have been out of school for 1.5 years (for an extended gap year) and am worried that I am going to struggle with my classes at first (compared to my classmates that are fresh out of school). Should I be studying anything/reviewing material prior to matriculation?


Background: Over the past year I've taken the MCAT, published research, and maintained a full-time medical scribe job-so it's not like I've been super lazy. I've also had a long break with lots of travel and fun so it wouldn't be the end of the world if I hit the books early.

Any advice?
Just enjoy your summer. School will come before you know it. Congratulations again!
 
Last edited: