Should I take bio lab over the summer? Need an answer by tomorrow!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

livelifexlove

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know a straight answer for this. Since I doubled up on bio and chemistry, I couldn't take chem lab and bio lab at the same now. Now I wanna take bio lab (1) over the summer, bio lab (2) next fall, and orgo lab next spring (my school only offers one semester of orgo lab - not sure if this is normal or not).

I get mixed reviews and people saying not to do it because adcoms look down on it because bio lab is an important pre-req, and that I should take orgo in summer '11 instead. Others say its fine and it doesnt really matter. I need to sign up for these classes tomorrow, can you guys help me out?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know why so many people on here freak out about summer classes? It counts just the same as any other semester...

Just take it and get it over with. It is by no means an important pre-req haha

No one cares when you take it, just that you take it.

It's not really that important of a class, anyway. I mean, in Bio lab 2 we dealt with potato slices and plants. I have to imagine other entry level bio labs are similarly mundane.

I have never known anyone who took a summer lab and got into medical school. Avoid it at all costs!!!!!!!:scared: