Should I take summer courses at my community college?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

creationliberty

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm transferring to a 4 year university as a junior in an unrelated major to science. I don't have much science courses w/ labs under my belt (which I don't even know are transferable, since the college I contacted told me to SIR before I set up an IN-PERSON interview), so I was considering taking science courses in the summer to help with this issue. Because of how little science courses I took (Bio 1 & Bio 10), I'm probably going to have to stay an additional year for 3 years of my upper-division to graduate. Should I just decide to not take any classes, and instead use the summer to boost my EC's, and graduate on time, then go post-bacc to finish any other prerequisites? Advice would be much appreciated. Also, what should I do about figuring out if those science courses are transferable? People told me to message their academic advisors, which I did, and they were basically useless. HELP

Members don't see this ad.