Should I take the GRE again

Started by phenom828
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

phenom828

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so took it about a week ago and got 151 Q and 145 V and a 4 writing. I was finishing some summer classes and didnt have that much time to put alot of studying into it. I wanted to at least get a score on paper so I could finsih up my applications and I know you can just send GRE scores to the PTCAS schools after the you submit your application. So should I take it again? I know the verbal was on the lower end but wondering how much it plays into it. My GPA is kinda on the lower end too as I had a tough couple years starting off college
 
You should definitely retake it and try to get a combined score of 310 or better if you have a low cum. gpa. I'm applying this cycle with a cum. gpa of 3.22 but I was able to get a 159Q, 158V which is a little above the average scores. Check the schools your looking to apply to and try to aim for a score thats at or better than the average accepted students scores so that you can make up for your low GPA.