Medical Should I withdraw this semester so my GPA doesn't drop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Howdy,

So due to some unforeseen life circumstances, I started off my last spring semester a little rough. At the moment it seems my last semester's gpa will end up being a 2.63, making my cumulative GPA a 3.54 and bcmp 3.42 (compared to a cumulative 3.66 and bcmp 3.61 last semester). How bad will this look for my application? Should I just withdraw and retake the courses or just take this hit to my gpa? Open to any advice ya'll have :) Thanks!

If it helps any, I had an stable upward trend until this last year: Year 1 = 3.54, Year 2 = 3.54, Year 3 = 3.70, Year 4 = 3.00
You need to withdraw. Unforeseen life circumstances are why Ws exist. For some reason, pre-meds seem to think that Ws are worse than Fs. They're not.

If you don't withdraw and take the hit, it will appear that you can't handle rigorous SR level coursework, and also, your judgement will be questioned for trying to bulldoze your way through when you were not at your best. Note my last sig line.

Members don't see this ad.

You must take care of yourself and your priorities first. If it's a circumstance that is dropping the semesters GPA a FULL POINT compared to your average, then you cannot handle both school and this circumstance at the same time at this time. It shows better judgment to realize this and adjust accordingly. To stick it through shows that you don't prioritize yourself and poor decision-making.

Status
Not open for further replies.