neurochica

10+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Tried to get in around low 4’s. Never came down enough. Should have gotten in the high 4’s!
I need to learn to be more patient. 2
Months ago I had 5000 shares of MARA at $4 in my Roth account. I sold at $11. It was almost $50 today.

IMGASMD

2+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2017
Months ago I had 5000 shares of MARA at $4 in my Roth account. I sold at $11. It was almost $50 today.

I am sure you did just fine.... you probably used that capital to do something even more fun !

About the Ads

JelloIsJigglin

2+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2018
Thanks Jello...do people really post stock picks on tweeter? I wouldn’t trust anyone with a stock suggestion- I need to do the research myself. But even if you do, by the time someone enters a stock on Twitter, it’s probably to late. Just today, I was watching 2 stocks, by the time i came back from the restroom, they were beyond my entry point. Again, thanks and let me know if I can help in anyway.
yes there are quite a few and of course everyone should always do their own DD.
I don't day trade so copying you would gaurantee failure for me, but still, very impressed. cheers and good luck!

JelloIsJigglin

2+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2018
same. i entered ARBKF at 1.3, got impatient for a week, sold around 1.3 and now it's at 4.63
also as well as AABB at .02, got impatient for a week, sold at .02, and now at 0.3

can't go broke taking profits though

pjl

10+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
For every time I took profits early, I have held on too long a different time.

I am always happier to say “I wish I would have put more in” than to get greedy and lose out.

It is interesting looking at my emotions with stock picking. I will get super into my play account and care a lot about gains and losses, where in a day I may swing 10k at the most. Often I get all annoyed at my lack of skills, or pumped about how great a stock picker I am, only to look to the top of my account page and see that my overall portfolio went 10x as far in the opposite direction.

Somehow I never get the same amount of bothered by swings in my boring index funds, even when the value dropped a couple years salary worth in March last year. That was just a “sweet sale price”

Basically, that is how I know that I do not have the temperament for “day trading” and also only can handle long bets.

Reactions: 3 users

neurochica

10+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
You are going to think I am pulling your leg, but these are my over overnighters from my small robinhood account. Let’s see how it goes.
While I was green overall on these stocks, all 3 stocks failed as they didn’t gap overnight.

neurochica

10+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Thoughts from this morning-

-Made a few thousand trading VCNX premarket from $4s to $6s.
-I was locked and loaded with 10k shares, Got distracted for a few seconds, and missed my $6.50 VCXN entry.
-waited and entered at $7.10 with a smaller amount for a rip to $9. Took my profits at $9.10.
-Went in heavy fora push to $10 and lost my gains plus some.

-While I nailed my research and my initial entry and exist points, I failed in a number of different ways.
I had too many distractions with my kids this morning. I didn’t use share size properly- although this is my next evolution as a day trader, I might not be ready. I need to be more consistent.

Slow week, but I still managed to be green $37k. Again, loosing is part of the game and sometimes your research or entry points are wrong, you take the loss and you move on. Today’s loss feels like a punch to the gut because i knew why I was doing was wrong and still did it.

My other stock that I was watching went down the wayside.
Done for today.

ps My ideal scenario would have been, and how most days plays out, that I am in by my entry point $6.50 with 10k shares, out by my exit point of $8.00 for a quick $15k. Then wait for a pull back and enter with a smaller size, if all indicators dictate a higher push. Done by 8-8:30 am my time.

Attachments

• 825A4097-A0DA-4039-ADC7-6114442E0FF6.jpeg
    825A4097-A0DA-4039-ADC7-6114442E0FF6.jpeg
    175.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Southpaw

SDN Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Thoughts from this morning-

-Made a few thousand trading VCNX premarket from $4s to $6s.
-I was locked and loaded with 10k shares, Got distracted for a few seconds, and missed my $6.50 VCXN entry.
-waited and entered with a smaller amount for a rip to $9. Took my profits at $9.10.
-Went in heavy fora push to $10 and lost my gains plus some.

-While I nailed my research and my initial entry and exist points, I failed in a number of different ways.
I had too many distractions with my kids this morning. I didn’t use share size properly- although this is my next evolution as a day trader, I might not be ready. I need to be more consistent.

Slow week, but I still managed to be green $37k. Again, loosing is part of the game and sometimes your research or entry points are wrong, you take the loss and you move on. Today’s loss feels like a punch to the gut because i knew why I was doing was wrong and still did it.

My other stock that I was watching went down the wayside.
Done for today.

I’m enjoying your posts documenting your success. Congrats on doing well! I’m always curious where you get your research? Do you scour CNBC at night or something? Whenever I see the stocks you’re picking and the associated articles they’re always released morning of trading, after market open, so I’m definitely missing out.

Losing is one O. Don’t mean to be petty. You’re definitely not losing out on very much with your trades. Well done!!

Reactions: 1 users

neurochica

10+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I’m enjoying your posts documenting your success. Congrats on doing well! I’m always curious where you get your research? Do you scour CNBC at night or something? Whenever I see the stocks you’re picking and the associated articles they’re always released morning of trading, after market open, so I’m definitely missing out.

Losing is one O. Don’t mean to be petty. You’re definitely not losing out on very much with your trades. Well done!!
VCNX news came out at 6am eastern, 4am my time. For day trading, my morning routine is looking for pre-market gappers that have news catalyst, with the stock moving up. Ideally, you want the stock to start dipping before the market starts, after is ok too, and wait for your entry point.

For swings, I’ll do my research at night.

Reactions: 1 user

neurochica

10+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Hopefully not, 56B$ market cap when you haven't produced a single car is a bit strange
Did you get on the SYPR ride?
Re-CCIV: I was PMing with another member here and mentioned CCIV. I been long since 11s. It forced me to go back and revisit their fundamentals and indeed saw the inflated market cap. I sold at~ $57. Not touching it until $20.

i just saw SYPR. It was not even on my radar. Great move.

not much trading for me this week.back from a long Vacation and appts all week. I finally cashed in with sava- in since $19s, out at $69 and $54. I also sold my weekly 100 $5 AMC contracts at $8.30 this morning. Taking the rest of the week off while off-loading some longs and doing some research.

Congrats on SYPR.

Reactions: 1 user

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads