ilovetoshop

10+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2008
Status
how do you guys keep track of the threads that you post in? i have to go back to each of the threads that i post in to see if i need to follow-up on a prior post.

i just thought there might be an easier way to do this since there are so many of you that post in so many threads! you guys don't really go back and check on every one of them multiple times a day.... or do you?

Wylde

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
how do you guys keep track of the threads that you post in? i have to go back to each of the threads that i post in to see if i need to follow-up on a prior post.

i just thought there might be an easier way to do this since there are so many of you that post in so many threads! you guys don't really go back and check on every one of them multiple times a day.... or do you?
I just like to flame people and move on. I inject my presence and then allow it to flourish without any more of my help.

For instance, I probably won't post in this thread again.

Honestly though, I think a lot of us are on SDN way too much and we just click on all the threads that seem interesting. This results in clicking on the same thread multiple times, realizing we posted in it, then continuing from our aforementioned comments.

HumidBeing

In Memory of Riley Jane
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2007
Keeping Warm
Status
I just like to flame people and move on. I inject my presence and then allow it to flourish without any more of my help.

For instance, I probably won't post in this thread again.
:thumbdown:

I go through a lot threads, even when I'm not posting in them because I like to keep up with what's going on. I just click the "View First Unread" at the top of the thread. It takes me to where it picked up after I was last there. You do have to wait for the page to finish loading before clicking that button.

Wylde

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
:thumbdown:

I go through a lot threads, even when I'm not posting in them because I like to keep up with what's going on. I just click the "View First Unread" at the top of the thread. It takes me to where it picked up after I was last there. You do have to wait for the page to finish loading before clicking that button.
I thought it was funny :) :)

Btw: MY kitty is way cuter than your froggy

/prays his frog is not a poisonous one

JK !

nonesuchgirl

10+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2007
Status

you can subscribe to them.

or i go and look on my "places i've posted" list to see if they've updated

wylde- humid is the boss!

armybound

urologist.
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2007
Uranus
Status
Resident [Any Field]
There's a "New posts" link at the top of the page that will only show you new posts.

Of course it's all new posts, not just the threads you posted in.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/search.php?do=getnew

but for the most part I just check the threads I already posted in when I see that it's bold again -- that means there's been a new post

Del Griffith

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
May 8, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
If you go to "My Account" you can choose to automatically subscribe to every thread in which you've posted.

>My Account
>Edit Options (left hand side)
>Default Thread Subscription Mode (4th one down)
>"No Email Notification" - subscribes you w/o also bombarding your inbox

OP
I

ilovetoshop

10+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2008
Status
thanks guys!
haha.. so i guess there really isn't an easier way to do this

what do you guys do now so that you can spend so many hours on SDN??

silverlining1

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2006
California
Status
Medical Student
In case you didn't know this already, the threads that you've posted in have a little white arrow over the envelope icon to the left of the thread title.

Wylde

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
ilu humid
haha I loled!

Crap, Humid's frog is poisonous... guess I lose :(

Yes, this post is helping the OP with his question... you guys just think it is completely unrelated ;)

nonesuchgirl

10+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2007
Status
haha I loled!

Crap, Humid's frog is poisonous... guess I lose :(

Yes, this post is helping the OP with his question... you guys just think it is completely unrelated ;)
it's ok. you're a qt.