Step I Similar sounding drugs

Started by osli
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

osli

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just thought I'd post here to express my frustration with drugs that keep confusing me because of similar sounding names. For one, there are too many -itides or -atides or -ilines or -azines for class endings to of any use. But what really gets me is when the beginning is so similar...

Chlorpheniramine
Chlorpromazine
Chlorpropramide
Clomiphene
Clomipramine

:scared:
 
Just thought I'd post here to express my frustration with drugs that keep confusing me because of similar sounding names. For one, there are too many -itides or -atides or -ilines or -azines for class endings to of any use. But what really gets me is when the beginning is so similar...

Chlorpheniramine
Chlorpromazine
Chlorpropramide
Clomiphene
Clomipramine

:scared:

I just try to remember endings (even though there are a lot). pheniramine sounds like diphenyhydramine to me, so it is a 1st gen antihistamine.

promazine goes with fluphenazine and the neuroleptics. propramide goes with glyburide, SU. pramine-->TCA.

Clomiphene is the only one that really requires memorization...