SIMSwar competition (EM related)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supadupasid

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of yall have participated in SIMS and can tell me what your opinions? What was your role in your particular team and why? How did you devote time to it while school work piled up? Or any just any general advice?

Members don't see this ad.

I've never heard of SIMSwar. When I search Google this thread is the first thing that comes up.

Okay I searched some more and it's like a competition of pretend ER scenarios? Looks really fun actually. Doesn't look like it's really catered towards medical students though. How did you get involved in it?

SIM wars is cool. Unfortunately anything in medicine is fair game in EM. In terms of preparation it would be like studying for the emergency medicine boards. Be sure to know your ACLS/ATLS cold turkey. It’s kind of more geared towards residents though so find out who is on your team, hopefully at least one PGY-3. Good luck and just try to have fun. These things are more for fun than an actual competition.

Reactions: 1 users