Since all other forums did it, What Job did you quite/Salary to become a Pod.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MD2b20004

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since all other forums did it, What Job did you quite/Salary to become a Pod. Just curious because you see so much similar threads on the DO, MD, and Dental forums.

Members don't see this ad.

lawyer. well not yet, but next year if my wife allows!

Starving Student/starving Salary Lol..

I Think Most People Can Relate...

Members don't see this ad :)
Kamran654 said:
Starving Student/starving Salary Lol..

I Think Most People Can Relate...

Medical Technologist at the Mayo Clinic for 2 years. Had the opportunity to become a management figure this year. Declined the opportunity and gave them a voluntary termination form instead. Although the $$ is decent, I am not nearly as mentally stimilated as I want to be.

I made $52,000 last year and would of made over $60,000 this year if I worked until the end of Dec. But the most positive aspect of this job has been experience galore. Working in a stat lab I have worked in every part of the two large hospitals directly affiliated in Rochester, MN. EX: Nursery, Surgery, ICU's, CODE 45 Team, ER, Outpatients, and Regular Inpatients. After seeing everything medicine had to offer, I decided I liked surgery in a laid back environment like Podiatry and helping people improve their quality of life. I am not big into watching patients die when there's nothing you can do about it. Also, I am not big into keeping patients alive as long as I can milk their insurance plans, especially when you see many people over 85 getting serious surgeries done. So I have concluded that Podiatry is the best choice for me. :thumbup:
I am looking forward to being broke, but mentally stimulated the next four years in a Podiatric Medical School. :D

If all else fails, they will let me come back in excellent standing and they would pay for any schooling they can offer me.

nomorelaw said:

Wow first time I hear lawyer to Pod. What kind of law were you in, and how much are you going to sacrifice in compensation for your change of heart, and why did you choose podiatry. There is a MD, JD who posts on here who advicates to go DO or MD with another degree rather than DPM for respect issues, I may not agree with the reasoning but some people may wonder and ask you why out of curiousity, like me, Why Law----->big money------>establisted career-----> foot doctor = :confused: 4 me.

nomorelaw said:

Wow first time I hear lawyer to Pod. What kind of law were you in, and how much are you going to sacrifice in compensation for your change of heart, and why did you choose podiatry. There is a MD, JD who posts on here who advicates to go DO or MD with another degree rather than DPM for respect issues, I may not agree with the reasoning but some people may wonder and ask you why out of curiousity, like me, Why Law----->big money------>establisted career-----> foot doctor = :confused: 4 me.

PS dont listen to your wife, lol, listen to your heart and if anything your BEST FRIENDS...

MD2b20004 said:
Since all other forums did it, What Job did you quite/Salary to become a Pod. Just curious because you see so much similar threads on the DO, MD, and Dental forums.

ER Tech in a small rural hospital. Not glamorous, but interesting. See and do a lot. It is/was great, will be done in 2 weeks, then off to Des Moines.

Pharmaceutical Sales Rep. I did outside sales for a pharmaceutical company that dealt with intensive, hospice, and critical care. The last year before I went back to school I made just over $70,000. This job really sparked my interest in wanting to become a physician.

Full time undergrad student-full time grad student. Essentially I have no money!

You Can't Leave The Bizness Vinny, We're Family!