Single vet students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Meanwhile some of us are just too intimidating to date. ;)

At least that's what I tell myself.

I've been told that I'm mean to men who show interest in me. I'm oddly proud of that comment though because I don't owe random men favors for engaging in tiresome courtship displays. Plus, when I was younger and less prickly, a too-nice refusal to a man's advances meant getting followed out to my car one day.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I've been told that I'm mean to men who show interest in me. I'm oddly proud of that comment though because I don't owe random men favors for engaging in tiresome courtship displays. Plus, when I was younger and less prickly, a too-nice refusal to a man's advances meant getting followed out to my car one day.
I'm kind of mean to everyone honestly. I definitely have a serious face too and I think it's off putting to a lot of people.

Reactions: 1 users

Hmm..at least men show interest in you in the first place :rolleyes:

Kidding..but yeah, most men are too dumb to take a hint

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm kind of mean to everyone honestly. I definitely have a serious face too and I think it's off putting to a lot of people.

I think I give off a similar vibe, even though it's completely unintentional. I try to be as nice as I can to everyone I talk to, but I still haven't really made any outside-of-school friends since I transferred 3 years ago. Might also be the age gap (it's not THAT big of an age gap...I'm 24 and everyone else is 18-21ish). Graduating very shortly and will hopefully (but not likely) make friends at my new job.

Plus, when I was younger and less prickly, a too-nice refusal to a man's advances meant getting followed out to my car one day.
ugh.. I'm sorry Jess. I've had my share of getting followed to the car. It's so scary, I'm sorry you had to deal with that!

I once had someone try to follow me home. I lived 5 minutes from there, but I drove in a 30 minute zig zag pattern to lose him, and he didn't stop so I just pulled into the police station and he kept driving. Very scary.

ugh.. I'm sorry Jess. I've had my share of getting followed to the car. It's so scary, I'm sorry you had to deal with that!

I once had someone try to follow me home. I lived 5 minutes from there, but I drove in a 30 minute zig zag pattern to lose him, and he didn't stop so I just pulled into the police station and he kept driving. Very scary.

omg, that's so scary. I'd be freaking out. Good thinking pulling into the police station.

The sad thing is that it wasn't my first time being followed. Being a girl sucks sometimes.
So many creepers creepin it seems. My gf has a couple stories too...seems like most ladies do. Man, I don't get it. Is it really that hard to just like, you know, not harass other people?

Reactions: 6 users
So many creepers creepin it seems. My gf has a couple stories too...seems like most ladies do. Man, I don't get it. Is it really that hard to just like, you know, not harass other people?
Apparently it's too hard to not harass people. Who knows haha

Hey man I paid for this windowless van and I'm gonna use it

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That's LIS's van and you know it
IMG_6651.JPG

Mine now

Reactions: 9 users
<-- Desperate enough to get into one of these vans

Reactions: 6 users
Hmph. So I am very single right now. Someone said it earlier but I feel like I missed that part of undergrad where everyone just met their SO's. The worst thing is I'm in a campus ministry and everyone just started dating each other. And now a lot of them are engaged and it's like what about me? Why did that not happen to me? Why did all of my friends meet a SO in college and I'm just suuuuuper single?

Oh well. I'm not super bitter. I'd rather have a dog than a boyfriend.

I didn't start dating my current SO until the beginning of my 2nd year of vet school. And I went to a school that had a 70% female population (not just the vet school, but taking into account undergrad and grad students too). There is hope!

Does it count as kidnapping if I volunteer as a kidnapee?

Reactions: 5 users
Single and ready to mingle :naughty:

...after all the massive amounts of studying I will be doing, making friends, and figuring out how to live on my own lol. Though all the Davis students I've talked to who've said they've found someone up there gives me hope :D

Reactions: 5 users
my singles advertisement where @cdoconn was talking me up is long gone, rip

Reactions: 1 users
Oh of course. Rice makes everything better, ESPECIALLY kidnapping.
Gotta carb load for the marathon that's going to go down

Reactions: 2 users
Single and ready to mingle :naughty:

...after all the massive amounts of studying I will be doing, making friends, and figuring out how to live on my own lol. Though all the Davis students I've talked to who've said they've found someone up there gives me hope :D

Find Bear he's single too :naughty:! Also I just wanna know who he is IRL so I will help you, right now what I have to go on is a sexy voice and hasn't shaved in a while :whistle:

Reactions: 4 users
Find Bear he's single too :naughty:! Also I just wanna know who he is IRL so I will help you, right now what I have to go on is a sexy voice and hasn't shaved in a while :whistle:
I'm down to find him if you help me. I like a little mystery ;) and sexy voice + scruff/beard = :naughty:

Reactions: 1 user