Sketchymicro?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ophthoseidon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any input on it? I'm largely a visual learner and have heard a few good things but would like reinforcement before I purchase it. Worst case scenario I waste $70 for a year but I'd still like to know what the community thinks! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I love sketchy micro. It worked amazingly well for my micro block. There are certain things that are over-simplified, but if you have an imagination you can just add to the existing story. It's amazing how much easier micro was after having gone through it. If you are a visual learner, it is definitely worth the money.

The biggest downside is that it doesn't cover viruses or parasites, but I think they may be adding those in the future. Viruses are simple enough though (just memorize this).

Reactions: 4 users
I love sketchy micro. It worked amazingly well for my micro block. There are certain things that are over-simplified, but if you have an imagination you can just add to the existing story. It's amazing how much easier micro was after having gone through it. If you are a visual learner, it is definitely worth the money.

The biggest downside is that it doesn't cover viruses or parasites, but I think they may be adding those in the future. Viruses are simple enough though (just memorize this).

Thanks for posting that link. I made my own mnemonics for the RNA viruses but his are a little better than mine so I think it will be useful to watch that a few more times. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I absolutely loved sketchymicro. It helped me a ton during my micro block in a way that picmonic didn't. While on the wards, I am still thinking back to the pictures in my head of the sketchymicro scenes because they had a way of painting a picture that was vivid enough to stick with me. It's definitely worth the money if you're going to get it.

Reactions: 1 users
I absolutely loved sketchymicro. It helped me a ton during my micro block in a way that picmonic didn't. While on the wards, I am still thinking back to the pictures in my head of the sketchymicro scenes because they had a way of painting a picture that was vivid enough to stick with me. It's definitely worth the money if you're going to get it.

Is there a significant difference between sketchy and picmonic?

Are the review sources downloadable or do they only last while you have a subscription?

Big fan of sketchy micro from my recently finished micro-heavy block

Big fan of sketchy micro from my recently finished micro-heavy block
Can you download the videos or does it only last for the duration of your subscription?

I loved SketchyMicro for our micro - it's not as expansive as our curriculum was (there were a few things missing), but it is meant for Step 1. If you can remember the image then everything falls into place. It was great.

Awesome, thanks guys! A classmate just secured a class discount, so SketchyMicro it is :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you download the videos or does it only last for the duration of your subscription?
It only lasts for the duration of your subscription, but you can copy the end photos to remind yourself of the story and save those for later.

does anyone who previously purchased sketchymicro have the 50% off code they would be willing to share?

Are the review sources downloadable or do they only last while you have a subscription?

I just copied their whole website (including videos) so I could watch/review them offline and/or when the subscription runs out.

Viruses and Fungi have been added, I'll definitely be checking this out in the future.
@SketchyMicro · Mar 14
The Virus and Fungi are now live!!! We're really, REALLY sorry for the delay! Hope you enjoy!

Viruses and fungi are great - they came out the week of our micro exams, and 90% of my class learned them that day thanks to sketchy. Really saved us before exams!

I didn't use it, but anyone I know who used it has had nothing but great praises for it. I can't say the same about picmonic, which some people seem to love, and others are rather ambiguous about.

I just copied their whole website (including videos) so I could watch/review them offline and/or when the subscription runs out.
If you don't mind me asking, how did you do it?

I vote picmonic all the way, my micro and pharm step 1 sections were my highest bc of it. Still remember those pictures >1yr later.

I vote picmonic all the way, my micro and pharm step 1 sections were my highest bc of it. Still remember those pictures >1yr later.
You probably only used one of it. I used both and sketchy is better for micro.

have you checked out CMMRS yet? call me old school but clinical micro made ridiculously simple I thought was an invaluable resource- they have pictures in there too which are, in my opinion, much simpler to recall than sketchy or picmonic

have you checked out CMMRS yet? call me old school but clinical micro made ridiculously simple I thought was an invaluable resource- they have pictures in there too which are, in my opinion, much simpler to recall than sketchy or picmonic
How can you even compare it? They only have a handful of pictures that aren't even comprehensive.

How can you even compare it? They only have a handful of pictures that aren't even comprehensive.
I wasn't comparing the two resources based on their creative content. I personally feel that the fact that there aren't a lot of crazy pictures to remember makes it simpler and I also like how the material is presented and organized. If some people really enjoy all those pictures great, but I just didn't feel it was an efficient method for me.

I was a big fan of picmonic and found those pictures to be more memorable than sketchymicro

Sketchy is awesome! I was super hesitant to buy because I don't like using too many outside resources, but decided to go for it and watch them over the summer....SO happy I spent that money! After just watching once I already remember so much. Definitely was worth it.

I was a big fan of picmonic and found those pictures to be more memorable than sketchymicro

Not me--Sketchy pictures seemed to make so much more sense to me than Picmonic. There is a solid storyline with each one so that you can remember (for example) the misbehaving kid's shoe floating in the chocolate vat during the fieldtrip to the candy factory as Toxin A being detectable in the diarrhea of a C. diff patient [thank you, Sketchy, for a vivid reminder] as opposed to something with monkeys in a tree that is being chopped down by an apple with viking horns between some mile-markers. Sketchy just expanded this year to include viruses and parasites, and I think there are plans to add pharm sometime soon.

Does anyone have a discount code that is still good for sketchy? Thanks!

If I do any pre-studying before medical school it will be from sketchymicro. Someone please reply back and tell me not to pre-study, cause I really don't want to, ok, thanks.

If I do any pre-studying before medical school it will be from sketchymicro. Someone please reply back and tell me not to pre-study, cause I really don't want to, ok, thanks.

Go watch videos of Rossi fighting Stoner/Lorenzo/Simoncelli and then learn which bones they broke from the accidents, and what anatomical functions did they lost afterwards. Don't pre-study it'll be pushed out of your head once you realize how much stuff you have to memorize.

Better yet watch Rea and Sykes win WSBK on the ZX-10R platform. :)

Don't pre study. Read some good books instead. Or pick up a hobby. Or do literally anything else. Hell, even working gives you money at least.

Go watch videos of Rossi fighting Stoner/Lorenzo/Simoncelli and then learn which bones they broke from the accidents, and what anatomical functions did they lost afterwards. Don't pre-study it'll be pushed out of your head once you realize how much stuff you have to memorize.

Better yet watch Rea and Sykes win WSBK on the ZX-10R platform. :)
I'll be at Mugello this year ;)
Thinking about getting into WSBK, especially since they are doing Sat+Sun races now, and Nicky Hayden joined, but we'll see. Sad to see Biaggi leave. Following MotoGP for 10 years+ makes it hard to break away from.

I hate micro, so this thing saves my life every time.

Used it for boards. Loved it. Scored very high.

Do Sketchy!!!!

I would watch Sketchy for my micro block... and leisurely read my lecture notes (by leisurely - I read it as I would with a novel - skimmed each lecture in 10 min) --> ace the exams. So worth!

I don't work for sketchy. Just to let you guys know that they'll update 70+ more videos for 200+ drugs in a few days. It'd totally worth the money.

got it last night and i love it so far

actually i just realized they released the parasympathetic-autonomic section free for preview for those who register with them. seems pretty legit.

Does anyone have any input on it? I'm largely a visual learner and have heard a few good things but would like reinforcement before I purchase it. Worst case scenario I waste $70 for a year but I'd still like to know what the community thinks! Thanks!
ugh, i tried the trial subscription and didn't like it.
if you learn well by stories and illustrations that have nothing to do with the actual science, then it is for you.