Small question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MinnyGophers

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to open a thread for this small, stupid question, but can we take pre-reqs pass/fail ( or satisfactory/ ns) ?

I'm thinking of taking literature S/N-S .

Members don't see this ad.

Look on the schools' websites. For most of them, you can't, but some don't specify.

im pretty sure they do not want you to take any pre reqs pass fail. in fact i would suggest against taking pass fail against any classes that count to your major or whatever pre med requirements there are. its basically asking why, out of all courses you take, you have to cover up the courses that med schools want to see.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude if its English or Writing or something else that isn't BCPM, and your school will let you do it, I don't see why not. A lot of schools will let you do stuff P/NP, and if it is something lame that you have to take for General Education (like for me, History/Western Civilization. I did NOT have the time to do all of the reading, write incredible research papers, etc, so I did it P/NP, and helped keep my GPA up. All you need is a fat C in something like that to F-over your grades. Now, I took a hard Philosophy course for a grade and got a B+. I guess you just have to feel out the humanities if they aren't your thing.)

jackieMD2007 said:
Dude if its English or Writing or something else that isn't BCPM, and your school will let you do it, I don't see why not. A lot of schools will let you do stuff P/NP, and if it is something lame that you have to take for General Education (like for me, History/Western Civilization. I did NOT have the time to do all of the reading, write incredible research papers, etc, so I did it P/NP, and helped keep my GPA up. All you need is a fat C in something like that to F-over your grades. Now, I took a hard Philosophy course for a grade and got a B+. I guess you just have to feel out the humanities if they aren't your thing.)

That's what I was thinking also. Literature is a pre-req for med school ( well the U of Minnesota -TC one at least..) and I really want to get it over with, but I have a crapload of other hard classes I would rather concentrate my efforts on.