SMDEP 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not even checking tonight, I've got a big midterm tomorrow at 10 and don't want to get my exam too wet with my tears if I don't make it in anywhere XD
I'm on the same boat, I can't believe I'm doing this but I'm waiting until tomorrow :bang:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected to two and the third site was full.

rejected to 2, third was full. So does action date mean the day they decided if you got in or not?

Oh no... It seems it was REALLY competitive this year :( Not a single acceptance?

Damn well one college's action date was March 30th. I'm guessing the later the action date the more they looked at your application?

Accepted:
Howard University
University of Louisville
Denied:
Columbia

Major: Biology
Classification: Sophomore
GPA: 3.4
2 Strong LOR
Strong Essay, Personal Statement
Underrepresented, Underprivileged

Keep your head up guys

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations to everyone who got in!!! :D

Waitlisted @ Duke UVA was Full and Accepted @ Case Couldnt be happier

Major , Nursing (BSN)
3.589 GPA 3.34 Science
2 letters of Recs
Good Essays
Underrepresented
Did not tick the underprivileged category

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted: Duke
Not Accepted: Columbia
Full: Yale
GPA 4.0
Strong rec's and decent essays.
Hispanic

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have a facebook group for Case?

Denied: Seattle, L.A.
Waitlisted: Houston

Freshman
Major: Engineering (changing soon lol)
GPA: 3.97 Science GPA: 4.0
Good essays and LORs
Non-URM

Last edited:
So when will we know if we got off the waitlist?

This was a part of an email I got from SMDEP about 2 days ago.
  • Wait Listed: If you are “Wait Listed”, you will be offered an acceptance if the site has an opening. The earliest possible date to receive an offer from a site where you were wait listed is Tuesday, April 5 after 5:00 pm EST. In some cases, it may occur earlier depending on how quickly applicants have made decisions on acceptances. Please check back at (http://smdep.org/apply-to-smdep/) to monitor your decision status.

GUYS
Accepted(!): Nebraska
Site is Full: Yale
Black
Decent letters of recommendation (1 knows me really well, other not so much)
Personal essays were good
GPA: 3.0
Major: Biophysics
Now, I have a dilemma. I'm from Texas and would prefer to go to Houston. Should I take a chance on that waitlist or just confirm Nebraska?
Any input appreciated.
Thanks for all the support up to this point!

GUYS
Black
Now, I have a dilemma. I'm from Texas and would prefer to go to Houston. Should I take a chance on that waitlist or just confirm Nebraska?
Any input appreciated.
I'd confirm to Nebraska but that's just me haha

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
GUYS
Black
Any input appreciated.

I would accept Nebraska. I was going to apply to Nebraska but I go to a quarter school and our school ends June 25th so I had to apply to the 3 schools with the latest deadlines /:

It sucked for me but oh well

Accepted: Houston
Wait list: Howard
Site full: Rutgers
Is anyone else attending Smdep in Houston this summer?

GUYS
Black
Any input appreciated.

I would def be on the safe side and pick Nebraska. I've heard they are one of the best sites for this program.

Ive heard that UCLA and Columbia are the best two sited for this program. Can anyone else attest to this?

Ive heard that UCLA and Columbia are the best two sited for this program. Can anyone else attest to this?
Where did you find this information? And yeah, I don't think you can go wrong, and I'm grateful to just get into 1. It's just for personal reasons I really want to get into Houston, but it's looking less and less likely to change before the decision deadline :(

Just accepted my spot at Nebraska. See you guys in Omaha. :)

Hi everyone!
Waitlisted: UCLA and Washington

I was wondering if anyone knew how exactly the wait list works?
I really want to get into the UCLA program but I need to decide what I am going to do during the summer by this weekend. Advice anyone?

Hi everyone!
Waitlisted: UCLA and Washington

I was wondering if anyone knew how exactly the wait list works?
I really want to get into the UCLA program but I need to decide what I am going to do during the summer by this weekend. Advice anyone?
Well, now is your time to shine. Since people who were admitted to sites have either confirmed or declined by this point, they will now be looking toward the waitlist to fill any empty spots. The only thing I think you can do is send a letter of continued interest to each site, and perhaps give them a call if you haven't yet. Remember the process can go on until the end of May. Good luck.

Anyone on a waitlist hear back yet?
Yes! I was waitlisted in Columbia and Rutgers and got denied in Nebraska... I called the universities yesterday and they just told me to wait and see if they would get me off the waitlists. Rutgers checked my place in the waitlist and since I literally sent my application in the last minute they told me there were a couple of people in front of me in the list, I sent an email to both universities last night even though they told me to wait and I got an email back from Columbia telling me that I should wait and see after tomorrow April 6th and never got an email back from Rutgers. Then I checked my status a while ago around 8:30-9:30 and I received an acceptance from Rutgers. Keep a positive mind and be patient, hope you get an answer soon and best of luck!

Hi! I applied for dental and was denied at Nebraska and Columbia and waitlisted at Rutgers. On Monday I called Rutgers and asked my chances of still getting into the program and they advised me to send an email. That evening I was accepted to the program! Keep a positive mind and do not lose hope, good luck to every one! (PS. the email I sent to Rutgers explained how I am still extremely interested in attending and how amazing the opportunity to participate would be).

Anybody else attending Rutgers? I'm so excited!!

Denied: Nebraska, Columbia
Waitlisted: Rutgers (Accepted on Monday April 4)
stats:
-dental
-Freshman
-3.59 GPA
-URM (Puerto Rican)
-strong letters of rec and decent essays
-EC's: Puerto Rico PreDental Association, about 5hrs of community service and activities)

Excited about attending Rutgers!

Yes! I was waitlisted in Columbia and Rutgers and got denied in Nebraska... I called the universities yesterday and they just told me to wait and see if they would get me off the waitlists. Rutgers checked my place in the waitlist and since I literally sent my application in the last minute they told me there were a couple of people in front of me in the list, I sent an email to both universities last night even though they told me to wait and I got an email back from Columbia telling me that I should wait and see after tomorrow April 6th and never got an email back from Rutgers. Then I checked my status a while ago around 8:30-9:30 and I received an acceptance from Rutgers. Keep a positive mind and be patient, hope you get an answer soon and best of luck!

Anyone on a waitlist hear back yet?
I got off the wait list for UCLA today! I emailed the program right after I found out I was wait listed, and I called the program on Monday. Keep checking the application. Good luck!

I got off the wait list for UCLA today! I emailed the program right after I found out I was wait listed, and I called the program on Monday. Keep checking the application. Good luck!
Congrats :) Hopefully my advice helped!

Can't wait for finals to end and for this summer to start. #dying :dead: