SMP personal statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JonisAndersson

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone here who got accepted into an SMP program or is currently enrolled in one? How much did your Med school personal statement differ from your SMP personal statement? I keep seeing mixed signals online on reddit and on SDN about it, some people dont change it at all, some change some things. I wrote a new essay incorporating a large part of my med school one to get the best of both worlds, but I am completely unsure on whether its good enough or not since I dont have any friends who applied to SMPs or went to them. Is anyone who got into an SMP willing to briskly read my essay really quick and could tell me if its ok or not? I would sincerely appreciate it and it could potentially save a life(future acceptance) lol

Members don't see this ad.

My girlfriend is in a smp and she didn't change anything at all--kept the personal statement the same for medical school.

Reactions: 1 user
My girlfriend is in a smp and she didn't change anything at all--kept the personal statement the same for medical school.

Thats a relief, Im literally out of ideas on how to better it for SMPs, I think Im gonna mail them a picture of me holding a "please accept me" poster lol, is she in a DO SMP or an MD one? Could you please ask her if she changed it a bit for any of the other ones she applied to?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thats a relief, Im literally out of ideas on how to better it for SMPs, I think Im gonna mail them a picture of me holding a "please accept me" poster lol, is she in a DO SMP or an MD one? Could you please ask her if she changed it a bit for any of the other ones she applied to?

She's in an MD smp linkage. She didn't change her personal statement for any of the linkage/smp's she applied to (8 of them) and got into every single one.

Don't stress about it too much!

She's in an MD smp linkage. She didn't change her personal statement for any of the linkage/smp's she applied to (8 of them) and got into every single one.

Don't stress about it too much!

Thanks man for the info! Im gonna call the schools tomorrow and double check but im glad now I know of someone who didnt change them and got accepted!

Completed SMP last May, when I applied I originally sent in my old AAMC application --> they accepted me.

No need to waste time rewriting a PS for a SMP. Save that juice for when you actually (re)apply.

Reactions: 1 user