Snow bike

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soyroger

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just got these old pictures scanned and was going to post them in the other forum I frequent, but since their servers got fried/hacked or something like that SDN will have to do. I'm sure there's a couple cyclists around here who may like them. These are from when I was in Idaho and rode to school through 2 winters. I only saw one other road cyclist and another dozen mountain bikers that rode all winter. Long story made short, when I got to school that morning there was hardly any snow on the ground. Later that evening I came back to find my bike looking like a Christmas ornament. I thought it was pretty cool how the snow stuck to even the spokes. Currently I haven't biked to school in over a week b/c of constant rain.:( Snow in dry weather was nice, rain just sucks. I do have a full rain suit, but I've too lazy to get it out. Happy riding to those who commute, race, or just get out every once in a while for a leisurely ride.

SnowBike1.jpg

SnowBike2.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

So I just got these old pictures scanned and was going to post them in the other forum I frequent, but since their servers got fried/hacked or something like that SDN will have to do. I'm sure there's a couple cyclists around here who may like them. These are from when I was in Idaho and rode to school through 2 winters. I only saw one other road cyclist and another dozen mountain bikers that rode all winter. Long story made short, when I got to school that morning there was hardly any snow on the ground. Later that evening I came back to find my bike looking like a Christmas ornament. Currently I haven't biked to school in over a week b/c of constant rain.:( Snow in dry weather was nice, rain just sucks. I do have a full rain suit, but I've too lazy to get it out. Happy riding to those who commute, race, or just get out every once in a while for a leisurely ride.
atleast attempt to make it pharmacy related next time even if it isn't remotely close like this

Members don't see this ad :)
atleast attempt to make it pharmacy related next time even if it isn't remotely close like this

Hahahaha...yeah...you're new....

It never ceases to amaze me how easily people are amused by snow. It just pisses me off. Then again the first time I saw a child on a leash in Texas, I didn't stop laughing for days....apparently it's a fairly common practice down there.

oh my bad, i thought this was a pharmacy forum..... not an art gallery

I'm feeling bad...for posting pictures...

Hahahaha...yeah...you're new....

It never ceases to amaze me how easily people are amused by snow. It just pisses me off. Then again the first time I saw a child on a leash in Texas, I didn't stop laughing for days....apparently it's a fairly common practice down there.

I take offense to that. :smuggrin:

Do you? It wasn't in Austin, though. Austin seemed the be the only city in the state that was interesting and had something resembling culture. I saw said kiddy-leashing in Dallas. It was probably Zpacksux....

Oh ok...I forgive you. (born and raised in Austin)

you two get a room...

Uh oh...I've gotten a few PM requests to post more pics of Italia. I'll post'em in the am when I get out of work. :p And what the heck...I'll throw in some pharmacy-related ones.

No one ever requests me to post any pics..

Nice remake...well...at least that's as good as it's going to get with the picture you have to work with. I'll have to wait until after graduation to upgrade my camera. Still have my eye on a canon...an old A-1 that is.

Were you at U of I? If so, I'm trying to place the photo - Maybe outside of Leonard Hall (the Life Sciences building). I was in Moscow for 6 years :) Never biked to school, though - usually hoofed it.

Were you at U of I? If so, I'm trying to place the photo - Maybe outside of Leonard Hall (the Life Sciences building). I was in Moscow for 6 years :) Never biked to school, though - usually hoofed it.

Rick's College (now BYU - Idaho) in Rexburg. Coming from LA county I was surprised at how much I really liked southeast Idaho, especially the view of the Tetons. Come this summer I'll envy just how close you are to Yellowstone and the surrounding area. I even took my wife to Jackson Hole for our honeymoon. Who needs a tropical island when the Pacific NW is the perfect place to go in late August.

Everyone should visit Germany. It will make you a better American.

This is what I remember listening to when I would go out with friends:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7T49_LPt-8
(the video is a little creapy, oh well)
I like DJ Jiggy's version of it, but I can't find it on Youtube.

In Germany, no one talks on their cell phones in line, they drink awesome beer, and stores close early on Saturdays and almost all of the stores don't reopen until Monday... so you don't have to work weekends! The pastries are fabulous and not too sweet. The streets are clean, and they recycle by law. They have a solid economy too.