So...how many times/day do you check your email?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nevinleiby

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I used to think that getting snail mail news/acceptances would be far worse than email, but this is getting ridiculous...seriously...

It seems like I check at least 15 times/day or so...in part because one school (and one of my only MD schools that I applied to) gave me an interview invite 7:30pm on a Saturday. This is about as bad as the lull between sitting and receiving mcat scores...um..almost...

Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

I check almost thirty times a day. I get emails instantly on my phone and it vibrates every time I get one. I still check it just about every hour to make sure I didn't miss any. lol

I check mine about every 2 hours between the hours of 8am and 8pm...

I have 2 active email accounts...

So, thats 14 times total....

at least its not 30!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I used to think that getting snail mail news/acceptances would be far worse than email, but this is getting ridiculous...seriously...

It seems like I check at least 15 times/day or so...in part because one school (and one of my only MD schools that I applied to) gave me an interview invite 7:30pm on a Saturday. This is about as bad as the lull between sitting and receiving mcat scores...um..almost...

Anyone else?

Outlook checks mine every 5 minutes, but I'm not really waiting for an acceptance, but I'm constantly emailing for some reason. I think it keeps me from having to pay attention or study.

seriously, its like an addiction. I will check my email like five minutes after I had already checked it on the OFF CHANCE that someone sent me an email......... kinda scary how much it runs my life now hahaha

I wish I was rejected by every school I have pending just so I wouldn't check my e-mail compulsively anymore. Its gotta be like 50 times per day.

.....hmmm...since i havent been accepted yet:

I have my treo checking it every 30 seconds instead of the default two minutes...so with 86400 seconds per day / 30 roughly = 2800 times per day

not that I am obsessed or anything
IamAriDO