So...it's Finally March, Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SmartyPants

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i believe the adcom is sending out all decision letters by the end of this week. does anyone know if they are gonna do the whole thin and thick letter thing or if all letters are gonna look alike? and what happens if we interviewed at both programs (NP and HST)... are we gonna get two separate letters or just one? aaaaghh

Members don't see this ad.

word is that all letters from Harvard are skinny (from one of my Mama's residents)

how are they going to accept me if they havent even interviewed me yet? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Good to know they're all skinny... it would be awful to open the mailbox and know by the size of the letter.

So what do you guys think... NP or HST?
I think NP sounds like much more clinical engagement, fun, and free time. HST, however, gives you amazing research opportunities, and tuition is reduced by A LOT. I think I am tending towards HST if I may say so very arrogantly before I am even accepted. :D What would you choose if you got into both?

when i was waitlisted at HMS 2 application cycles ago, it came as a large package...with financial aid forms, etc, etc, etc in it...pretty thick as i remember,,,plus seeing as it still sits on my desk..lol..but hoping for better news this time...

let's hope all that snow in boston won't delay the mail delivery too much :scared:

SmartyPants said:
i believe the adcom is sending out all decision letters by the end of this week. does anyone know if they are gonna do the whole thin and thick letter thing or if all letters are gonna look alike? and what happens if we interviewed at both programs (NP and HST)... are we gonna get two separate letters or just one? aaaaghh

are you sure they are sending out all decisions this week?

all the literature says March 8th, not til next tuesday..

LRmed2003 said:
all the literature says March 8th, not til next tuesday..

thats what I thought. Good luck ya'll. At this stage, I think it is pretty random.

From the website. March 7th might be the day.

General Policies
* Decision notices mailed to all Fall 2005 applicants:* March 7, 2005
* Applicant's response to acceptance offer: 3 weeks
* Requests for deferred entrance considered: Yes
* Deposit to hold place in class: None

http://hms.harvard.edu/admissions/default.asp?page=general
(here is the link if you want to check it out yourself)

leaft said:
From the website. March 7th might be the day.

General Policies
* Decision notices mailed to all Fall 2005 applicants:* March 7, 2005
* Applicant's response to acceptance offer: 3 weeks
* Requests for deferred entrance considered: Yes
* Deposit to hold place in class: None

http://hms.harvard.edu/admissions/default.asp?page=general
(here is the link if you want to check it out yourself)

Possible caveat: the page was last updated in july of last year...

davidus said:
Possible caveat: the page was last updated in july of last year...

I interviewed toward the end of the season and was informed (by the Dean of Admissions) that decisions would be mailed within the first 10 days of March, which is purposefully vague in order to prevent the barrage of phone calls that would undoubtedly result if a specific day were mentioned.

Not only is it March, but it's now very close to March 7!!!

I'm mad at Harvard. They haven't sent me anything regarding my stupid secondary! Why don't schools actually send out rejection letters in a timely manner? They could've just said no months ago.

Hmph. :mad:

DianaLynne said:
They could've just said no months ago.

Hmph. :mad:

I agree, it's crappy! When they know they are gonna reject, they should let the applicant in on it.