so when do these applications start: AMCAS, TMDSAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TexasFool

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the first day when each one is available?

Members don't see this ad.

TexasFool said:

I believe AMCAS is available May 1, but you can't actually submit it until June 1.

TMDSAS is available May 1, and you can send it ASAP

Goodluck dude, i'm hoping the best for you

BaylorGuy said:
I believe AMCAS is available May 1, but you can't actually submit it until June 1.

TMDSAS is available May 1, and you can send it ASAP

Goodluck dude, i'm hoping the best for you
Early as May 1? I thought I saw on these boards that it's available late late late May. Anyone know for sure?

Members don't see this ad :)
TexasFool said:
hey TF, do you know if you're on any waitlists? I still think it's nutty that you weren't matched anywhere with your 4 interviews and stats.

I'm on two waitlists (a&m and tech) and reject from southwestern. :oops:

I've already come to grips with it and I'm planning to tutor full time next year and do some more ECs.

I'm wondering how early interviews come out if you send in you application early in May?

Here's the usually flow of things if you apply really early (not EDP):

First day (usually) you can fill out AMCAS: May 1st

First day (usually) you can submit AMCAS: June 1st

Period of time when Secondary applications start rolling in: Late July/ August

Interview Invites (when you apply that early): Late August/ September/ Octorber

Earliest time (usually) when you hear about acceptances (if you aren't EDP): Anytime time after Oct. 15

Now all these times may vary, but this is usually how it goes if you apply like on the first day possible early

TexasFool said:
I'm on two waitlists (a&m and tech) and reject from southwestern. :oops:

I've already come to grips with it and I'm planning to tutor full time next year and do some more ECs.

I'm wondering how early interviews come out if you send in you application early in May?
Last summer, TMDSAS interview invites started coming out in early July for early August interviews. Try getting the Texas interviews done as early as possible to allow time for your AMCAS interviews.

Good luck, man... I'm really pulling for you.

The actual dates change from year to year---and sometimes from week to week during the summer. Although you can theoretically submit your application on June 1, you might have to wait until June 7th or so.

Anyone know when you can start sending in transcripts? For the Texas system too. I have a ton to send in and I wanted to make sure that was done early

TexasFool said:

Oh I'm familiarizing myself with this whole process. What is TMDSAS?

Anastasis said:
Anyone know when you can start sending in transcripts? For the Texas system too. I have a ton to send in and I wanted to make sure that was done early

From what I've read on this forum, you can send in your transcripts once the earliest date for you to actually fill out the AMCAS app has arrived. So if the date is on May 1st, then you can mail it out on May 1st.

doctajay said:
From what I've read on this forum, you can send in your transcripts once the earliest date for you to actually fill out the AMCAS app has arrived. So if the date is on May 1st, then you can mail it out on May 1st.

Yep. Send in your transcripts as early as possible. AMCAS has lots of problems with losing transcripts, etc. You'll need to give yourself enough of a window of time to make sure that everything goes through.