- Home
- Forums
- Physician and Resident Communities (MD / DO)
- General Residency Issues
- ERAS, SOAP, and NRMP Match
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
SOAP 2015
Started by seap3
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
no offers
damn this is another swift kick to the private jewels
damn this is another swift kick to the private jewels
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2PM ET actual time, or NRMP time? LOL 😀
Seriously, right?!???
NRMP time seems a lot like indian standard time---tack on an extra hour to everything
congrats, did you get an email first or find out from refreshing? how delayed/early was the email?
I had a call last night from the PD at my place saying they were giving me the spot. No email or other contact other than a few last minute "any last questions" calls this morning. Once 11:30 rolled around it was radio silence till my offers finally showed up.
Another thought -- given the time delays and code glitches, if it takes an inordinate amount of time to apply to ten new programs and there's only 55 min for programs to recertify their lists, what are the odds that we'd get ranked for any new programs? Probably not very good, huh?
we can't apply til 2:30 pm, and the next wave of offers is 3:00pm, so you would have to think it's more for tomorrow's waves than today's remaining wave...unless they are SUPER quick about calling people. i'm guessing they will probably just go down their list for the next wave but you never know i guess.Another thought -- given the time delays and code glitches, if it takes an inordinate amount of time to apply to ten new programs and there's only 55 min for programs to recertify their lists, what are the odds that we'd get ranked for any new programs? Probably not very good, huh?
go dance in the street naked? lucky duck!Hi All
After accepting the offer is there anything else I should do ????
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Finally was able to accept my offer!! I had some problems trying to do it in Safari but switched to Chrome and it went right through. Good luck everyone. Hope to hear more good stories!!!!
Same problem here. After waiting almost an hour to actually get the offer, when I went to accept it it wouldn't accept my password. This was also with Safari, once I switched to Firefox it went through.
Keep your game face on! It's not over yet!Mine changed to "you do not have any offers for the current offer round" :/
the updated list will be out at 2 ET, ERAS allows 10 more apps 2:30 ET.
Where did you get this information?
Where did you get this information?
Between the nrmp and eras websites it explains everything.
tinfoil hat conspiracy theory: the system was so horribly glitched that the NRMP just changed everyone leftover to 'no offers', assuming they'd fill up in the next waves/round and no one would know their incompetence.
I'm going with this...may God have mercy on our souls.
Oh crap. I just realized today is oldest's early day at school I have to pick her up at 12:50 (PDT), which means if I have the same trouble with it saying "generating" for over an hour, I'm going be so late getting to school....
Go pull him/her out early.
Gah, I'm tired of PDs telling me good things, encouraging me, and asking if they can help in any way. This is like when I was single and really liked a guy and he'd tell me "you are so awesome! You are going to make one lucky man very happy someday!" And I'm thinking, "why not you?!?!?"
this experience has taught me not to trust a word anyone says until i see the result with my own eyes.Gah, I'm tired of PDs telling me good things, encouraging me, and asking if they can help in any way. This is like when I was single and really liked a guy and he'd tell me "you are so awesome! You are going to make one lucky man very happy someday!" And I'm thinking, "why not you?!?!?"
i'm with you on thatNot giving up hope, but it is still quite frustrating 😉!
how will we know the list is updated?
Gah, I'm tired of PDs telling me good things, encouraging me, and asking if they can help in any way. This is like when I was single and really liked a guy and he'd tell me "you are so awesome! You are going to make one lucky man very happy someday!" And I'm thinking, "why not you?!?!?"
I'm pulling for you and sending good thoughts your way. You deserve a spot more than anyone here.
I agree but first could you fix my veneers real quick?
Can't patch porcelain 😛
You'll need new ones
That'll be 20k plz
I'm pulling for you and sending good thoughts your way. You deserve a spot more than anyone here.
You're very sweet! I think we all "deserve" spots for what we're going through 😉!
it says when it was last updated at the top of the listhow will we know the list is updated?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is so frustrating. Is everyone going to use all 10 new application spots right away?
Can't patch porcelain 😛
You'll need new ones
That'll be 20k plz
That'll buy some shoooooz!
I'm so depressed right now. Not a single call. I feel like giving up completely on ever working as an MD
they should really offer people post-match/SOAP counseling. i'm totally gonna have PTSD after this. flashbacks to refreshing constantly. seeing "You do not have any offers" when i close my eyes. i'm not sure if i will be able to take the crushing defeat of another failed wave of offers.
so we should really hold off on applying to 10 more until the list is updated...and i really HIGHLY doubt it will be at 2pm at the rate things are going. Otherwise, its possible that those 10 applications could be wasted on programs that have filled already. Am I correct?
I'm so depressed right now. Not a single call. I feel like giving up completely on ever working as an MD
Same feelings here...so depressing
so we should really hold off on applying to 10 more until the list is updated...and i really HIGHLY doubt it will be at 2pm at the rate things are going. Otherwise, its possible that those 10 applications could be wasted on programs that have filled already. Am I correct?
u cant apply untill that updated list comes out anyways
I thought we could apply at 2:30? If the list doesn't come out at 2, then idk what I'm going to do....
Will the applications I sent in for round one roll over? Or if they still have spots should I reapply to them?
Will the applications I sent in for round one roll over? Or if they still have spots should I reapply to them?
On ERAS it says you can only apply to each program once during SOAP.
from the ERAS SOAP FAQ:
Can I re-apply to programs I already applied to during SOAP?
No. You can only apply to a program once during SOAP. If a program has downloaded your application during SOAP, the program will have your information on file for all future rounds.
Will the applications I sent in for round one roll over? Or if they still have spots should I reapply to them?
You cant re-apply to programs in SOAP. The programs already have your app.
I thought we could apply at 2:30? If the list doesn't come out at 2, then idk what I'm going to do....
Yes, students only have until 2 to accept offers. We can't apply until 2:30. The list will be updated because no one will be accepting more offers during that time.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2PM. Time to F5 smash.
Just updated at 2:01Has the program list updated for anyone else? It hasn't changed from the original on my screen.