- Home
- Forums
- Physician and Resident Communities (MD / DO)
- General Residency Issues
- ERAS, SOAP, and NRMP Match
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
SOAP 2015
Started by seap3
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
🙁🙁🙁
It means they like us to suffer.
Everyone calm down, take a breath, and be patient. lol
Does anyone have an offer? Is "offers being generated" their way of saying "Sorry, no dice. Come back in 2 hrs?"
ALL IT SAYS IS: Offers are being generated for the current offer round... Does that mean I didn't get any?
I think it means the program took longer than 5 minutes to run. Keep refreshing.
Didn't want to say anything until now, but it still says offers being generated for me, and a program basically promised that I'd have an offer, so I'm still hopeful
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so if i didnt get any offers right now, does that mean Just wait till 3 for round 2?
At 2:30 you can apply to 10 more places and yes at 3:00 more offers come out.
i think so 🙁 can someone please post if they got an offer?Does anyone have an offer? Is "offers being generated" their way of saying "Sorry, no dice. Come back in 2 hrs?"
*sending lots of positive thoughts to you all*
I don't think so. All the offers for this round go out at once. It's not fluent where as people reject offers they go to the next person. A program can't make new offers until the next round.I'm pretty sure it says "offers being generated" since it's an ongoing process since people might get multiple offers. So spots will be continuously changing over the next 2 hours.
I srsly can't imagine why this is taking so long though.
Anyone received an offer yet?
when is the unfilled program list updated?
2:30 according to my dean. Apply to the extra 10 ASAP after that
*refresh*refresh*refresh*refresh*
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.
Last edited:
Why are they doing this??????
Congratulations!1 offer for prelim surg
Mine is still generating offers.
Just got a call from my program that there is a glitch in the NRMP site. They wanted to let me know I definitely have an offer, and it hopefully will be fixed soon.
did it say generating for you before it gave you the offer?1 offer for prelim surg
being generated. so nerve wrecking.
.
Last edited:
mine still say offers are being generated
I don't think so. All the offers for this round go out at once. It's not fluent where as people reject offers they go to the next person. A program can't make new offers until the next round.
Right, but can't Bob get 3 different offers and then obviously has to pick 1? So that would mean that the 2 spots that Bob rejected go to someone else? Since we didn't make rank lists, I thought we could get multiple offers during this round.
Same...so at what time do I figure that "generating offers" really means "Sorry, you have no offers." which obviously is too complex of a thing to state.
This is so frustrating. You would think for something so high stakes that the NRMP would have their %$#%$#% together. I think I remember reading about problems in the past too. GRRRRR
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Friends that have SOAP'ed in the past say that it tells you you have no offers if that is the case. Some offers have come through but there's a computer glitch so who knows how long this will take.
No, the program can only submit as many offers as they have openings each round. So if they are rejected they have to wait until the next round to offer them again. The PD I spoke with was very emphatic about this and called multiple times to verify I would accept the spot.Right, but can't Bob get 3 different offers and then obviously has to pick 1? So that would mean that the 2 spots that Bob rejected go to someone else? Since we didn't make rank lists, I thought we could get multiple offers during this round.
I'm beginning to think we're being punished for something we've done in a previous life.
Hmmmm...I think for all the stupid stuff I've done this lifetime I'm gonna be reincarnated as a caterpillar