Soccer WW - Match thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Stupid little angle shooting, but I am more concerned and counting numbers when I am a wolf as I am keeping in mind parity, wolf to villager ratio, etc. just an interesting thing to pick up on, on page 2

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

or just being helpful to mods. But I’ll let you decide

Members don't see this ad.

elect Genny

She is ballsy enough to pull this as a wolf but I have a pretty damn good record at reading her so I'm okay electing her

Ah yes in 2-3 posts you have a great read of genny already. Come off it. This is enough for me to lynch you day 2 for presuming innocence.

I don't know how much influence KD and KB have had on game design but I have a really hard time believing there's any one role that was "meant" to be elected captain, or one role that would be extra advantageous to be captain. It doesn't make sense balance-wise because it automatically skews the game one way or another. I think you're misinterpreting your role.

If kaydubs was involved, she has 100% included this in games in the past.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I actually think I remember reading a spreadsheet where there was a role that got extra benefits if elected mayor- I’m doing another spreadsheet hunt to see if I can find it but my initial search went through 2016 so it might take me a while lol. Not a vouch or statement of belief or anything, but I’m not going to discard it out of hand.

Determined noob, or veteran hiding under a new guise.

mmmm snacks.....goldfish. and doritos. the cheesy kind, not that icky ranch... LOL

I nominated myself, because I have never ever done that, and thought that maybe it was time. plus, I figured it would look good on my CV...

The use of jokes to hide ones true intentions is a path to the dark side

• Haha
[QUOTE="WolfieQUOTE]

Mayor benefits are usually a) not game breaking/making like steering abilities b) most mayor abilities come with night kill avoidances. C) I am sure a fellow wolf has now explained to you the error in your logic.

Determined noob, or veteran hiding under a new guise.

Determined noob here- won the “best researcher” superlative in the noob game for my dedicated spreadsheet hunting :p

If I’m a slacker today I stayed home from classes sick

and I’m forever salty I can’t get pseudoephedrine to make me feel better (because of meth :( ):mad:

Pharmacy counter sells pseudoephedrine, they just mark your license down so you can’t get it more than you need for yourself in a month

You know who's surprisingly good at it? Mel. I don't know how because he won't tell me, but he usually gets me as a villager even when I'm pretending to be sketchy so I live longer.

It’s all about the genny way (tm)

Thread may be dead but my life isn't so you may end up waiting a while. I will do my best to find something if I get some spare time tonight but no promises. I ww by the seat of my pants, not with arguments from past games

You are more methodical as a villager than what you are being on day 1. SAR as a villager is a quite respectable player with good thought process. SAR as a wolf is a tangled mess who lets emotions and sass take over, and has a more fearful/defensive feel to their posts.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lynch cubs I don’t really like how they voted for Ms P without solid reasoning. Doctor or not, their profile pic still creeps me out. I don’t have a ton to base this off of.. I just want to submit a vote because I don’t have time until about 30 minutes until lynch close

Lynch cubs I don’t really like how they voted for Ms P without solid reasoning. Doctor or not, their profile pic still creeps me out. I don’t have a ton to base this off of.. I just want to submit a vote because I don’t have time until about 30 minutes until lynch close

It was an honest reason, which beats what I get from most people with respect to their votes.

You are more methodical as a villager than what you are being on day 1. SAR as a villager is a quite respectable player with good thought process. SAR as a wolf is a tangled mess who lets emotions and sass take over, and has a more fearful/defensive feel to their posts.

Well gee thanks, now I can't even reply sassily to your other posts. :p

To speak to your first point though, you're misreading my first post. I didnt say I had a read on Genny yet. Just that I can usually read her so would be comfortable with her being mayor as I'd likely be able to form a read on her within the first 2 to 3 days. More comfortable with that than voting for someone who I can't read at all at any point in the game

Also this is mostly unrelated but omg my phone did a system update and deleted all my autocorrect saves so if I write boobs instead of noobs or lunch instead of lynch, please read between the lines

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
lynch wondering

I don't believe a wolf pup would know the investigative fate of the mayor and thus may try to get elected
Not trying to hunker down on my apparent faux pas, but I don't like this post. Someone- Miz?- already said in the thread that mayors are often investigated early on, which we learned in the noob game already, plus I highly doubt that there wouldn't be a single veteran wolf to say "hey don't get elected" when strategizing beforehand. This train of reasoning really doesn't make sense to me and just reinforces my prior bad vibes.

Not trying to hunker down on my apparent faux pas, but I don't like this post. Someone- Miz?- already said in the thread that mayors are often investigated early on, which we learned in the noob game already, plus I highly doubt that there wouldn't be a single veteran wolf to say "hey don't get elected" when strategizing beforehand. This train of reasoning really doesn't make sense to me and just reinforces my prior bad vibes.
Really? Do you think Wondering could've strategized with a wolf pack within the first 5 minute of the game?
Also, Wondering posted before anybody mentioned mayor investigation and thus invalidating your point.

If you want to pull crap out of your butt, Bigs, make sure it is well-formed first.

Here is lynch tally:

Coffee(1)- BigC
BigC(1)-Wolfie
Wondering(1)-coffee
Barkley(1)-Sunbodi
SAR(1)-Nav
Cubs(1)-Alissa

If the vote stays spread barkley will end up dying since my day ability is tiebreaker and currently several people are tied with 1 vote.

I find that Nav has very good rationale thus far and is really trying to help the village team. I am inclined to change my vote to follow his since he's more experienced and I don't want to lose my day ability early on (I can only break tie once)

I really don't like how SAR talked about phone updates rather than strategy when they're up for lynch. Very bad move.

In the event that you're village I'm sorry but I have to trust the more experienced members in this game

Really? Do you think Wondering could've strategized with a wolf pack within the first 5 minute of the game?
Also, Wondering posted before anybody mentioned mayor investigation and thus invalidating your point.

If you want to pull crap out of your butt, Bigs, make sure it is well-formed first.
As a manator last game, I'm sure you warned diff about how mayors often get investigated early on. I'm surprised you wouldn't think that wondering's manator would have done the same.

really don't like how SAR talked about phone updates rather than strategy when they're up for lynch. Very bad move.

Lol I'm sorry that my lunch break participation underwhelms you. Plus one vote on me is not, imo, "up for lynch".

If you're going to lynch me that's fine, but could you at least come up with some legit reasons and not just sheep Nav? Doesn't give anyone info on your own reads and this one is really weak

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Lol I'm sorry that my lunch break participation underwhelms you. Plus one vote on me is not, imo, "up for lynch".

If you're going to lynch me that's fine, but could you at least come up with some legit reasons and not just sheep Nav? Doesn't give anyone info on your own reads and this one is really weak
You're right.

It's not fair to bandwagon off of someone but if a more experienced player says they know your play style well and I dont then that's all I can go with.

But since you pleaded your case well.

Unlynch SAR

Lynch Bark

You're right.

It's not fair to bandwagon off of someone but if a more experienced player says they know your play style well and I dont then that's all I can go with.

But since you pleaded your case well.

Unlynch SAR

Lynch Bark
Hey sunbodi, just some friendly advice. Basically never role reveal, even if you're just a vanillager it lets the wolves know they can focus elsewhere. If you're up for lunch near the end of day it's usually appropriate but otherwise, try not to. Have fuuuuun!

Reactions: 1 users
As a manator last game, I'm sure you warned diff about how mayors often get investigated early on. I'm surprised you wouldn't think that wondering's manator would have done the same.
As a manator I was very aware that many other manators were very hands-off and only advised when asked questions. Noobs going to noob no matter what. You don't become super-pro after one game.

Hey sunbodi, just some friendly advice. Basically never role reveal, even if you're just a vanillager it lets the wolves know they can focus elsewhere. If you're up for lunch near the end of day it's usually appropriate but otherwise, try not to. Have fuuuuun!
1579033427317.gif

• Haha
Oh thank you so much! I didn't realize it directed wolves elsewhere. in the future I won't do it!

Reactions: 2 users
Oh thank you so much! I didn't realize it directed wolves elsewhere. in the future I won't do it!
NPCoop:
Hey no worries everyone's got to start somewhere! Also random unsolicited advice. Trust no one, not if they're more experienced, not if they have a village-seeming ability, not even if they claim seer, unless they are mod confirmed village. Because they could be a wolf.

NPCoop AWAYYYYY

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
As a manator I was very aware that many other manators were very hands-off and only advised when asked questions. Noobs going to noob no matter what. You don't become super-pro after one game.

gotta say I’m not liking BCs (or BK if we’re going BigKitties?) aggressive behavior, especially trying to shade you over game advice. Was the first to come out swinging today with a lynch vote. N=1 but similar style play to their wolf style in noob game.

participating Nav feels pretty village with attempted dominant thread presence.

gotta say I’m not liking BCs (or BK if we’re going BigKitties?) aggressive behavior, especially trying to shade you over game advice. Was the first to come out swinging today with a lynch vote. N=1 but similar style play to their wolf style in noob game.
Yep, I powerwolfed last game and it worked really well. You guys have a lot of experience and are better at thinking for yourselves than a bunch of noobs- I'm not quite there yet. That's why I'll always come out swinging as soon as night writeups come out- not only am I just really excited to play, but I want to put my opinion on thread before anyone else has the chance to sway me the way I would sway villagers last game. Even knowing that, it's hard not to look at other people's reads and want to reevaluate my own, but I need to be able to think for myself if I ever want to be a good player, and i can't do that if I just sit back and wait for other people to influence me.

Don't think I was trying to shade Coffee over game advice either- trying to shade over troll logic, sure. I love troll logic and I used it a lot when I wolfed. That's why I'll go after it when I see it- if it's a strategy I used to great success as a wolf, it stands to reason that other people might use it the same way.

I anticipate new players to make mistakes such as a wolf trying to get elected mayor. That's reason enough for me at this point.
I know from the noob game that the people who were vying for mayor get investigated first so yeah trying to get elected wouldn’t really be a smart plan for wolves (unless you have something like BigCat’s power from last game but truly if you have that I think the investigator would get tipped off at least in this non-noob game that kinda redirection power would seem weird and be big red flags that the person is a wolf).

Yeah (after last games heart wrenching betrayal by BigCats I hate to agree with her but) I agree with BigCats. I did read the noob game over and over while playing it, I think it’s hammered into my brain at this point that players that put in their hat for mayor get investigated. I might have just come from the noob game before this but I think it means something that wolves tried to kill me three times before I actually died.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Day 2 Official First Quarter Lynch Tally

Coffee (1) - BC
BigCats (1) - Wolfie
Wondering (1) - Coffee?
Barks (1) - Sunbodi
SAR (1) - Nav
Cubs (1) - Alissa

6/17 votes
Deadline: 7 pm PST/10 PM EST (5ish hours)

GET LYNCHING!!

giphy.gif