• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Somebody you know try to figure out your SDN username?

perdvert

Ya' Heard With Perd
Dec 7, 2017
Pawnee, IN
  1. Pre-Medical
    I'm so annoyed that this happened to me because I like my old account and literally had to make a new one today because enough was enough...

So one of my friends that knew I used SDN is actively trying to figure out which username is mine (i.e. reading through people's post histories if I shared something in common with them). I'm purposefully not sharing details about my application cycle with this friend because I don't want it to become a competition between the two of us. But it got to the point where I was uncomfortable posting under my old account because I knew my friend was trying to connect the dots back to me.

Has this happened to anyone else before?

Reactions: 1 user
    About the Ads

perdvert

Ya' Heard With Perd
    Dec 7, 2017
    Pawnee, IN
    1. Pre-Medical
      I have ways of dealing with that
      go-on-gif-4.gif

Just kidding; please no serial killing

Lannister

7+ Year Member
      May 21, 2013
      Casterly Rock
      1. Medical Student
        Yep, it's happened, it's annoying as hell. If it happens by accident that someone figures out who I am then whatever, but some people like go out of their way to investigate it, which imo is not OK.

Reactions: 1 users

21Rush12

19h 58m 21.67595s; +35° 12′ 05.7783″
        5+ Year Member
        Jul 29, 2014
        1. Resident [Any Field]
          I am unimportant enough to not care, and I doubt anyone would bother going through the effort.

Sorry you’re stuck dealing with this though, kinda obnoxious of your friend to do that. Maybe consider owning it if they persist and tell them off?

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
          Verified Expert
          15+ Year Member
          Sep 4, 2006
          The Other Side of the Portal
          1. Attending Physician
            I'm so annoyed that this happened to me because I like my old account and literally had to make a new one today because enough was enough...

So one of my friends that knew I used SDN is actively trying to figure out which username is mine (i.e. reading through people's post histories if I shared something in common with them). I'm purposefully not sharing details about my application cycle with this friend because I don't want it to become a competition between the two of us. But it got to the point where I was uncomfortable posting under my old account because I knew my friend was trying to connect the dots back to me.

And your post isn't another dot that can be connected?

Reactions: 6 users

Goro

10+ Year Member
            Verified Expert
            Silver Member
            Gold Member
            Jun 11, 2010
            Somewhere west of St. Louis
            1. Non-Student

It wouldn't surprise me. But throw out some disinformation to throw him off the scent.

Reactions: 1 users
              D

deleted804295

I honestly don't care if people IRL found my SDN but if it was a friend doing it to learn my stats I'd be pretty pissed. Pre-meds need to chill with being obsessed with how other people are doing.

Reactions: 2 users

CloverBale

2+ Year Member
                Apr 7, 2016
                1. Medical Student
                  One person I know IRL knows my handle (you know who you are...). It's not a big deal because I'm a pretty embarrassing person to begin with so it's not like he/she is shocked by what I write anyway.

About the Ads
                  This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                  7. This thread is locked.