This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jollyroger4321

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read online and then talked to some people who say this department tries to fire or does fire a female PGYII every year. Maybe it is just a coincidence but I am wondering if there is more to the story given this is a very high rate for such a small program. This year's chosen one made the Washington Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...66371e-696e-11e6-8225-fbb8a6fc65bc_story.html

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
welp thats terrifying

Reactions: 1 users
I have been pointing this out for awhile now. I have the names of each resident (or at least the ones that are known) that this has happened to. It is VERY bizarre. It is sad it takes getting in the Washington Post for some one to finally notice this is strange. I wonder how long they thought they could go on doing this.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we know if these women are still alive? Maybe they are some sort of sacrifice to appease the ghost of Freud or something?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
They probably disagreed with Hillary Clinton. I would be concerned about possible involuntary suicide.

I was gonna apply to GW. Thinking that I might not anymore after hearing about all of this. I don't want to go to a program that could possibly think this sort of thing is acceptable.

Last edited:
Programs are more often isolated from one another in terms of culture and style of management. At least that's my sense of it. I'm sure some institutions share a common groupthink among their PD's.

Regardless. It's very hard to know the truth of these matters. On the one hand, we all realize that we're in an ancient guild system, wherein we squire for and serve our lords until we become one. So that inflames our defenses and distorts our perception of reality.

That said. The DNC handlers prolly did have them iced.

solid 8/10 face, I'm mirrin'

Regardless of what the other side of the story is, I know this will keep me and at least 2 of my friends applying to psych from applying to this residency. This is psych and we're American grads—no need to waste $16 on a program reputed to treat residents that way. Not worth it.

Reactions: 2 users
Regardless of what the other side of the story is, I know this will keep me and at least 2 of my friends applying to psych from applying to this residency. This is psych and we're American grads—no need to waste $16 on a program reputed to treat residents that way. Not worth it.

Totally agree, not applying there this cycle. Was considering it before all this mess.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm applying psych and would not apply here. Sounds sketchy and I also am not a huge DC fan anyway, no loss to me not to waste $16 applying to a school I probably wouldn't even rank

Read the story. I like that Wible met with Waggel.