Soon to be reapplicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

silverpaw54

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I didn't get in last year and I am currently studying for the April MCAT and hopefully applying in June. I'm thinking about taking 1 or 2 classes to boost my GPA and mainly my science GPA which I think was one of the weak areas of my application. Would it be bad if I took my classes at a community college or should I just go back to my undergrad university?

Also, do I need to get new LORs? I haven't done much but work and get my EMT license. I guess if I took a new class, I could get a new LOR which would be a bonus. But yeah, I'm really clueless on what I need to do. If anyone could give me input or advice, I would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I would get new LORs, although I think it is only a suggestion on some apps "students out of school may provide letters from employers, rescent profs, etc".

Take ug classes from your undergrad university, they will look better on the app (and at worst can't hurt). Thats about it. Good Luck!

Hey guys,

I didn't get in last year and I am currently studying for the April MCAT and hopefully applying in June. I'm thinking about taking 1 or 2 classes to boost my GPA and mainly my science GPA which I think was one of the weak areas of my application. Would it be bad if I took my classes at a community college or should I just go back to my undergrad university?

Also, do I need to get new LORs? I haven't done much but work and get my EMT license. I guess if I took a new class, I could get a new LOR which would be a bonus. But yeah, I'm really clueless on what I need to do. If anyone could give me input or advice, I would be much appreciated!

You'll need to take more than 1 or 2 classes to boost any GPA. Getting clinical training won't make those weaknesses disappear on paper. You have to focus on the courses you are weak in. What would you do if you encountered the same obstacles during the EMT program? You'll be fine if you tackle one obstacle instead of building another.

You need to come up with a plan to improve your weak areas. If it's mainly the MCAT, spend all your time preparing for that.

Maybe if you provide some more details about your last app, you can get some more directed advice.