South university pharmacy vs mcphs worcester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nasraz21

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, if someone could help me out please. I got accepted to MCPHS Worcester and south university pharmacy school in savannah, georgia. they are both 3 year programs but south is on a quarterly system. the cost of attending would be roughly the same for both schools but MCPHS offered me 7000 dollars a year if i maintain a 2.5 gpa. so going to mcphs would save me a total of over 21000 dollars plus interest from loans. however all the reviews are saying not to even consider mcphs but most of them are really old, as in 8 years old. so, if you are current students at mcphs if you could please tell me if i should consider mcphs. i really like south, it is a really small school ( as in one building) and the class size is 95 students but it is a for-profit organization and they had some lawsuits against them for luring students in and it is a roughly new program. their 3 year graduation rate is like 79% which similar to mcphs. ive been struggling wih this decision for like 2 months and i actually had to pay the tuition deposit for both schools. and the orientation for south university starts in like 8 days( june 6th). any replies are appreciated. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
What are your odds of getting into a state school next year?

What are your odds of getting into a state school next year?
i just finished my 4th year as an undergrad. at wane state and and i havent taken the pcat. but if i do wait a year then i will take the pcat and would finish my BS in biology. i live in michigan and we have three pharmacy schools and 2 are hard to get into but i think i would have like a 65% chance of getting in. but then again that would mean that i would be 2 years behind(1 year for waiting and 1 extra year of pharmacy school). i have a 3.3 gpa and some research experience and 2 years experience as pharm. tech.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
i just finished my 4th year as an undergrad. at wane state and and i havent taken the pcat. but if i do wait a year then i will take the pcat and would finish my BS in biology. i live in michigan and we have three pharmacy schools and 2 are hard to get into but i think i would have like a 65% chance of getting in. but then again that would mean that i would be 2 years behind(1 year for waiting and 1 extra year of pharmacy school). i have a 3.3 gpa and some research experience and 2 years experience as pharm. tech.
If you can get into state school, it's worth the extra time. Four years in Ann Arbor is 1000x better than 1 year in Worcester.

where did you end up going? I applied to both schools and Ihave an interview at South university in South Carolina next week!

Hi, if someone could help me out please. I got accepted to MCPHS Worcester and south university pharmacy school in savannah, georgia. they are both 3 year programs but south is on a quarterly system. the cost of attending would be roughly the same for both schools but MCPHS offered me 7000 dollars a year if i maintain a 2.5 gpa. so going to mcphs would save me a total of over 21000 dollars plus interest from loans. however all the reviews are saying not to even consider mcphs but most of them are really old, as in 8 years old. so, if you are current students at mcphs if you could please tell me if i should consider mcphs. i really like south, it is a really small school ( as in one building) and the class size is 95 students but it is a for-profit organization and they had some lawsuits against them for luring students in and it is a roughly new program. their 3 year graduation rate is like 79% which similar to mcphs. ive been struggling wih this decision for like 2 months and i actually had to pay the tuition deposit for both schools. and the orientation for south university starts in like 8 days( june 6th). any replies are appreciated. thanks!