Spreadsheet of DO Schools with GPA/MCAT stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paradoxic_toxic

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I created this spreadsheet several months ago to quickly find out the average MCAT/GPA and letter requirements for all DO schools. I also used it to keep track of my application process during secondary season.

Osteopathic Medical School List (2021-2022)

To make your own private copy:
  • Click on “File” > “Make a copy...” -- This will create a new private file for you in your Google Drive/Sheets. (You will only see this option if you are signed in to your Gmail account.)
I hope this helps! Please let me know if I listed inaccurate information.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
I created this spreadsheet several months ago to quickly find out the average MCAT/GPA and letter requirements for all DO schools. I also used it to keep track of my application process during secondary season.

Osteopathic Medical School List (2019-2020)

• Click on “File” > “Make a copy...” -- This will create a new private file for you in your Google Drive/Sheets. (You will only see this option if you are signed in to your Gmail account.)

Nice SMP dataset - I haven't seen any of those before.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Dmu is 3.6 and 507

Reactions: 1 user
Current oms-4 and I don’t think I’d get into med school now with my entrance stats. Those are some impressive numbers.

I've realized that many schools updated their class profiles recently, so I updated the spreadsheet with current information as of 10/14.

EDIT: thanks @jaguar33, @Blanky, and @Deecee2DO.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Stats taken in early 2019.

previous.png

Mean of Avg. cGPA: 3.50
Mean of Avg. sGPA: 3.44
Mean of Avg. MCAT: 502.58
Rounded to the nearest hundreth.

---

Stats taken today (changes highlighted in green).

current.png

Mean of Avg. cGPA: 3.54
Mean of Avg. sGPA: 3.48
Mean of Avg. MCAT: 503.31
Rounded to the nearest hundreth.

Last edited:
I listed it as "UNTHSC/TCOM."
Also this is probably irrelevant for most as UNTHSC is the only school under TMSDAS, but the way TMSDAS calculates GPA is different than AACOMAS. My sGPA is a 4.0 under TMSDAS but a 3.72 under AACOMAS due to how they classify what is science and non-science.

Also this is probably irrelevant for most as UNTHSC is the only school under TMSDAS, but the way TMSDAS calculates GPA is different than AACOMAS. My sGPA is a 4.0 under TMSDAS but a 3.72 under AACOMAS due to how they classify what is science and non-science.
Yes, some schools recalculate your GPA, e.g., VCOM.

Members don't see this ad :)
SHSU is posted here as having a 3.75 and 509.

Problem...
SHSU has no students. This coming year is their inaugural class.

Problem...
As a school without an inaugural class yet, they sure have the stats to compete with MD schools lol.

PS someone needs to correct that spreadsheet

Problem...

As a school without an inaugural class yet, they sure have the stats to compete with MD schools lol.

PS someone needs to correct that spreadsheet

I took those values from their Admissions Policy and Technical Handbook:

Through the website, the SHSU-COM shall annually publish the national and state averages of both MCAT scores and GPAs of matriculated medical students as provided by TMDSAS. Additionally, every year the SHSU-COM’s website will provide the average MCAT, GPA, and demographic profile of the most recently matriculated SHSU students. With this information, prospective students may judge their individual level of competitiveness. For example, the current national averages for Osteopathic marticulants are 3.56 GPA and 503.05 MCAT (AACOMAS, 2017) and the current state averages for matriculants are 3.75 GPA and 509.1 MCAT (TMDSAS, 2017).

I figured I would list those stats because Texan schools are known to have a higher MCAT and GPAs w/ a strong IS bias.

Last edited:

Through the website, the SHSU-COM shall annually publish the national and state averages of both MCAT scores and GPAs of matriculated medical students as provided by TMDSAS. Additionally, every year the SHSU-COM’s website will provide the average MCAT, GPA, and demographic profile of the most recently matriculated SHSU students. With this information, prospective students may judge their individual level of competitiveness. For example, the current national averages for Osteopathic marticulants are 3.56 GPA and 503.05 MCAT (AACOMAS, 2017) and the current state averages for matriculants are 3.75 GPA and 509.1 MCAT (TMDSAS, 2017).

I figured I would list those stats because Texan schools are known to have a higher MCAT and GPAs w/ a strong IS bias.
But that is because Texas schools are state funded and are required to accept 90% Texas residents where as I don't believe Sam Houston or UIWSOM are because they are private. TCOM average MCAT is only 507.

But that is because Texas schools are state funded and are required to accept 90% Texas residents where as I don't believe Sam Houston or UIWSOM are because they are private. TCOM average MCAT is only 507.

I've updated the note under column S for clarification. SHSU is listed as a public university.

I think it's crazy to imagine that SHSU will have a higher average matriculant than TCOM. I can't think of a single reason why anyone would attend SHSU over TCOM. I don't think 3.75 and 509 is a good metric for SHSU at all.

I've updated the note under column S for clarification. SHSU is listed as a public university.

SHSU is a public university and is on TMDSAS, but I am not quite sure if they will follow the 90% in-state rule. I would imagine not, since their funding does not appear to be subsidized by the state and are therefore not beholden to the state.

I think it's crazy to imagine that SHSU will have a higher average matriculant than TCOM. I can't think of a single reason why anyone would attend SHSU over TCOM. I don't think 3.75 and 509 is a good metric for SHSU at all.

I definitely don't think their actual averages will be that high. We will see when they post the stats next year.

Averages as of 11/18/19

cGPA = 3.55
sGPA = 3.48
MCAT = 503.43

Changes made:
ICOM averages updated (thanks to DowningJP)

For ARCOM, I was told that the current OMS-1 class average was a 3.6 and 502. Previously for my class and the inaugural class it was around 3.5 and 500.

Bump.

Update 1/11/20
- Added Tulane ACLP and TUNCOM SMP
- Replaced "Touro COM - Harlem" & "Touro COM - Middletown with "Touro COM - New York" on the SMP List
- Replaced "Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia" and "Philadelphia COM - Georgia" with "Philadelphia COM" on the SMP List
- Updated notes on "Touro COM - New York" and "Philadelphia - COM" on the SMP List

Last edited:
Bump.

Update 1/11/20
- Added Tulane ACLP and TUNCOM SMP
- Replaced "Touro COM - Harlem" & "Touro COM - Middletown with "Touro COM - New York" on the SMP List
- Replaced "Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia" and "Philadelphia COM - Georgia" with "Philadelphia COM" on the SMP List
- Updated notes on "Touro COM - New York" and "Philadelphia - COM" on the SMP List

Side note for UNTHSC SMP:
Although our SMP does not have a conditional interview or acceptance, most students do end up interviewing at the medical school. In my class alone, fifty students (of 230), had completed the SMP.

Side note for UNTHSC SMP:
Although our SMP does not have a conditional interview or acceptance, most students do end up interviewing at the medical school. In my class alone, fifty students (of 230), had completed the SMP.

Thanks. Updated the notes for UNTHSC SMP.

Feel free to use the scraped stats from ChooseDO in my signature to update the median MCAT/cGPA stats.

• Love
ARCOM has an SMP now as well.
Our Program | Master of Science and Biomedicine

Program Objectives:

-Provide a one-year, two semester, 30 credit hour Master of Science in Biomedicine degree program in which students will take advanced biomedical courses alongside medical students. All courses are taught by medical school faculty.

-Guarantee eligibility for application and an interview at ARCOM for students who successfully complete the program with a grade of B or better.

PS: You also don't have to retake Anatomy in your 1st year of Med school if you get a B or better and get accepted into ARCOM.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Program Objectives:

-Provide a one-year, two semester, 30 credit hour Master of Science in Biomedicine degree program in which students will take advanced biomedical courses alongside medical students. All courses are taught by medical school faculty.

-Guarantee eligibility for application and an interview at ARCOM for students who successfully complete the program with a grade of B or better.

PS: You also don't have to retake Anatomy in your 1st year of Med school if you get a B or better.

Thank you added to the SMP list.

Osteopathic Medical School List (2019-2020)

Is this spreadsheat accurate and up to date as January of 2020?

update on VCU SMP - CERT program 508 needed for guaranteed interview. They still give you the interview if you apply not because of holistic review, but so you can't use your guaranteed interview again. You have the option to defer your interview if you would like. If you apply though, they will give you one to get it out of the way. I cannot think of 1 person the program that got the interview below the requirements and was accepted into the school of medicine.

update on VCU SMP - CERT program 508 needed for guaranteed interview. They still give you the interview if you apply not because of holistic review, but so you can't use your guaranteed interview again. You have the option to defer your interview if you would like. If you apply though, they will give you one to get it out of the way. I cannot think of 1 person the program that got the interview below the requirements and was accepted into the school of medicine.

Thank you, updated.

Update for VCOM campuses for the class of 2023:
cGPA: 3.62, sGPA: 3.56, MCAT 501

Program Objectives:

PS: You also don't have to retake Anatomy in your 1st year of Med school if you get a B or better and get accepted into ARCOM.

We have to retake anatomy if we get a B or better in anatomy. They changed it mid-semester last semester.

Big update - 02/02/20
  • AZCOM: updated average stats
  • BCOM: updated minimum MCAT
  • COMP-Northwest: updated average stats
  • COMP-Pomona: updated average stats
  • DMU: updated average stats
  • KCUCOM: added KCU Joplin campus with seperate stats; simplified KCU's name
  • LECOM: updated website URL
  • LMU: updated average sGPA and minimum requirements; updated website URL
  • LUCOM: updated minimum MCAT
  • MUCOM: updated average GPAs
  • OU-HCOM: updated average stats
  • PCOM: updated minimum requirements
  • RVUCOM: updated average stats

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Big update - 02/02/20
  • AZCOM: updated average stats
  • BCOM: updated minimum MCAT
  • COMP-Northwest: updated average stats
  • COMP-Pomona: updated average stats
  • DMU: updated average stats
  • KCUCOM: added KCU Joplin campus with seperate stats; simplified KCU's name
  • LECOM: updated website URL
  • LMU: updated average sGPA and minimum requirements; updated website URL
  • LUCOM: updated minimum MCAT
  • MUCOM: updated average GPAs
  • OU-HCOM: updated average stats
  • PCOM: updated minimum requirements
  • RVUCOM: updated average stats
Is PCOM's average mcat really 500? It said 504 on their site I believe.

Bump for new applicants 2020-2021! The new cycle is coming!

Major update - 5/20/20
  • ACOM - updated average cGPA
  • ARCOM - updated CASPER requirement
  • BCOM - updated stats
  • DMUCOM - updated stats
  • MUCOM - updated stats
  • MWU-AZCOM - updated average MCAT
  • OU-HCOM - updated sGPA
  • RVUCOM - updated stats
  • WVSOM - updated stats
  • WesternU COMP-Pomona - updated stats
  • WesternU COMP-Lebabon - updated stats

Last edited:
Major update - 5/20/20
  • ACOM - updated average cGPA
  • ARCOM - updated CASPER requirement
  • BCOM - updated minimum cGPA
  • DMUCOM - updated stats
  • MWU-AZCOM - updated average MCAT
  • OU-HCOM - updated sGPA
  • RVUCOM - updated stats
  • WVSOM - updated stats
  • WesternU COMP-Pomona - updated stats
  • WesternU COMP-Lebabon - updated stats
Wow Western COMP-Lebanon average MCAT is now at 510

Wow Western COMP-Lebanon average MCAT is now at 510

I would bet money (if I had any) that this is for COMP-Pomona. The data on their site was switched between campuses accidentally. Based on app numbers, interviews, and in-state percentages also being swapped. And just how it’s been trending. So might wanna update that.