-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Spreadsheet with Secondary Essay Questions from Schools?
Started by sexycani
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OP, If you create a spreadsheet from the data provided, I'm sure that many on SDN would be happy to see it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So as not to have to click on 100+ links? And the lines are already embedded so as to keep things organized. And they'd be easy to reorganize so that only the schools you're interested in would be at the top.OP, why would you use a spreadsheet for that? Spreadsheets are for handling data, not for having a hundred unrelated essay prompts.
OP, why would you use a spreadsheet for that? Spreadsheets are for handling data, not for having a hundred unrelated essay prompts.
agreed - it would be far better to compile them into one post or google doc, nicely organized with formatting, than trying to use a spreadsheet which is not meant to handle this type of information
agreed - it would be far better to compile them into one post or google doc, nicely organized with formatting, than trying to use a spreadsheet which is not meant to handle this type of information
+2 agreed.
agreed - it would be far better to compile them into one post or google doc, nicely organized with formatting, than trying to use a spreadsheet which is not meant to handle this type of information
Well, we're waiting...
Well, we're waiting...
I'm too busy dying my hair pink to compile it.
I'm too busy dying my hair pink to compile it.
negbrodamus he doesnt mean anything by that. move along. dont respond to the hate.
I'm too busy dying my hair pink to compile it.
Pics or it didn't happen.
That's more like it!
I miss McSteamy, as well. But I'm coping.
he'll be back. I was kind of glad I took him down right before the dopplegangers showed up. That was funny.
he'll be back. I was kind of glad I took him down right before the dopplegangers showed up. That was funny.
It really makes you feel like you made it, you know?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For real. I was a little jelly, but I'm sure my time will come.
So as not to have to click on 100+ links? And the lines are already embedded so as to keep things organized. And they'd be easy to reorganize so that only the schools you're interested in would be at the top.
👍
Attachments
Sa-weeeeeeeet!
Amazing!
for this upcoming year someone should put date released and cost of secondary.
Tatertots. I was unable to unzip the file and Excel won't open it. Any tips?
Thanks for the work you put into it, though.
Thanks for the work you put into it, though.
Tatertots. I was unable to unzip the file and Excel won't open it. Any tips?
Thanks for the work you put into it, though.
if catalystik were to send an email to medzealot at gmail dotcom, medzealot would send catalystik the extracted spreadsheet.
Sometimes there are issues with fake or duplicate file extensions. Deleting (via renaming) the extension might help.Tatertots. I was unable to unzip the file and Excel won't open it. Any tips?
Thanks for the work you put into it, though.
Also clicking "Save Link As..." after right clicking rather than just double clicking might help.
Tatertots. I was unable to unzip the file and Excel won't open it. Any tips?
Thanks for the work you put into it, though.
Let me know if you get it to work. If not I can give you a google doc link and you can DL the spreadsheet from there. I'd rather not post the link in the thread but you don't accept PMs!
we love you.
medzealots, wanderer110, and Tatertots: Thank you for the support. I changed to a newer computer and was finally able to open the file as a .xlr file (microsoft works spreadsheet). My ancient Excel program wasn't up to the task despite all the tricks I tried.
Tatertots, it is beautiful to behold.
Edit: when I emailed the saved file back to the other computer and changed the file extension to .xls, Excel opened it just fine (added in case someone else has the same problem getting it to open).
Tatertots, it is beautiful to behold.
Edit: when I emailed the saved file back to the other computer and changed the file extension to .xls, Excel opened it just fine (added in case someone else has the same problem getting it to open).
Last edited:
Thanks, Tatertots!!
If it says "No prompt," does that mean you are free to write about anything (within reason, obviously)?
If it says "No prompt," does that mean you are free to write about anything (within reason, obviously)?
no prompt meant there were no questions on the secondary according to the SDN secondary posts. This is different than the blank ones. The blank means there was no info in the thread about the secondary.
Oh, okay. Thanks again!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, actually, that sounds nice. Turn it into a Table and BAM...you have a full list which you can have show only the pertinent prompts.So as not to have to click on 100+ links? And the lines are already embedded so as to keep things organized. And they'd be easy to reorganize so that only the schools you're interested in would be at the top.
Anyone down to help build a searchable database? I'm looking into it, if I can get something nice done (prelim) tonight, I'll move forward with the project.
Information to include: Program, Date Secondary Opens, Deadline, Fee, Questions, Character limit, Required/Optional... what else?
IF I move forward, I will definitely need help from the SDN community in compiling the data.
Information to include: Program, Date Secondary Opens, Deadline, Fee, Questions, Character limit, Required/Optional... what else?
IF I move forward, I will definitely need help from the SDN community in compiling the data.
Here is a small update. Obviously the search query doesn't need the deadlines/fees. I want to put that into a report (summary). Having some issues remembering how to use iif() expressions, so if anyone wants to help, I'd appreciate it. Any ideas how to efficiently create a personal list of secondaries for a user (maybe create a table where the user enters the school he/she is applying to)?
Edit: Gonna spend another 15-2o min on this. Maybe this won't be useful for this cycle, but it's something SDN can use/update for future cycles. 🤔
Edit: Gonna spend another 15-2o min on this. Maybe this won't be useful for this cycle, but it's something SDN can use/update for future cycles. 🤔
