Program-Specific Info / Q's St. Augustine Fall 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
February 23rd at 9 AM! And I'm from the central Florida area, so the campus is just a few hours away from me :)
How exciting! I’m glad so many people are hearing back, it’s been such a stressful waiting game. Did you apply only for the Florida campuses or did you select a different program as your secondary?

Members don't see this ad.

Yea hopefully! It would be nice to know (sort of) someone there! Yea, it seems like a very interesting “interview” setup. Sounds very similar to my freshman orientation for undergrad. At least it will put us a bit more at ease for the actual small group interviews!

I was thinking the same thing! But from what I've read from other threads, it's more of as a way to get them to know us and see if they want to surround themselves with us for the next 2-3 years. I'm less nervous about the interview now as it's a group, I'm still going to practice!

Reactions: 1 user
I was thinking the same thing! But from what I've read from other threads, it's more of as a way to get them to know us and see if they want to surround themselves with us for the next 2-3 years. I'm less nervous about the interview now as it's a group, I'm still going to practice!
Yea that’s what I was thinking. I figured it’s all going to be one big interview the whole time... like even though it’s going to be more casual and informational, they’re going to be watching us to make sure we aren’t super weird or unfit for their campus and student body. Then obviously it’ll get a more serious in the group interviews but I definitely think it’s like our “on site eval” lol same! It makes me feel less stressed but I definitely still want to be prepared. I think even more so since it’s a group interview so it might be a little harder to make an impression among all the other candidates and faces. Like I wonder if they’ll direct questions at each person or if it’s like an open forum where anyone can chime in and answer.

Members don't see this ad :)
How exciting! I’m glad so many people are hearing back, it’s been such a stressful waiting game. Did you apply only for the Florida campuses or did you select a different program as your secondary?
I just applied for the St. Augustine campus and then selected the Miami campus as my secondary I believe. Good luck to everyone in their interviews next month!! We're almost there.

Reactions: 1 users
Yea that’s what I was thinking. I figured it’s all going to be one big interview the whole time... like even though it’s going to be more casual and informational, they’re going to be watching us to make sure we aren’t super weird or unfit for their campus and student body. Then obviously it’ll get a more serious in the group interviews but I definitely think it’s like our “on site eval” lol same! It makes me feel less stressed but I definitely still want to be prepared. I think even more so since it’s a group interview so it might be a little harder to make an impression among all the other candidates and faces. Like I wonder if they’ll direct questions at each person or if it’s like an open forum where anyone can chime in and answer.
From what I've read, it is basically an open forum where they expect everyone to answer and participate. However, they will at points ask a specific person a question. I think to help everyone get a fair chance of talking in case they may be shy.

From what I've read, it is basically an open forum where they expect everyone to answer and participate. However, they will at points ask a specific person a question. I think to help everyone get a fair chance of talking in case they may be shy.
Oh okay, thats good to know! Thanks

Hey guys!

I just found this thread and also have an interview on Feb 23rd for USA OTD!

Members don't see this ad :)
Best of luck to everyone this week!

How did your interview go?

Hi! It was a group interview and I was with two other girls. The guy interviewing me only asked 3 questions, one being tell me about yourself and why you choose OT, what would you do in this group scenario, and some stuff I observed in OT.
To be honest with you, I didn’t even think my interview went well because I didn’t get to talk much about myself, and I felt like I didn’t get enough in cause two other girls were talking with me and the interviewer talked a lot about himself and the program. But I guess it didn’t matter too much cause I still got in! My advice is just try to make sure your personality shines through, but regardless you should be fine!

Hi! It was a group interview and I was with two other girls. The guy interviewing me only asked 3 questions, one being tell me about yourself and why you choose OT, what would you do in this group scenario, and some stuff I observed in OT.
To be honest with you, I didn’t even think my interview went well because I didn’t get to talk much about myself, and I felt like I didn’t get enough in cause two other girls were talking with me and the interviewer talked a lot about himself and the program. But I guess it didn’t matter too much cause I still got in! My advice is just try to make sure your personality shines through, but regardless you should be fine!
How long after your interview did you hear back about your acceptance? Congratulations by the way!

How long after your interview did you hear back about your acceptance? Congratulations by the way!

Thank you!! And I heard about a week and a half later! I interviewed on Friday, Jan. 26 and heard back Feb. 6.

I was accepted to the MOT program at the Austin campus this evening!

Congratulations! When did you interview? St Augustine campus told us we should hear back within 3 weeks. This Saturday will be the end of the 3rd week since my interview.

Congratulations! When did you interview? St Augustine campus told us we should hear back within 3 weeks. This Saturday will be the end of the 3rd week since my interview.

I interviewed on 2/16. They told us around three weeks as well.

Congrats!! Did they call or email you? They said they would call us, I'm just worried I will miss their call if I'm at work or school!

Congrats!! Did they call or email you? They said they would call us, I'm just worried I will miss their call if I'm at work or school!

Thanks! They sent me an email and also updated my application portal.

Got an interview for San Marcos campus !
For Fall 2018 start

For Fall 2018 start
Oh wow, I didn't realize they were having a 2nd day! Congrats! When is it scheduled for?

Oh wow, I didn't realize they were having a 2nd day! Congrats! When is it scheduled for?
I think they did one for the FLEX program.
When was the first Fall MOT 2018 interview ?

Oh are you doing Flex MOT, MOT or OTD?
There was an interview day for MOT and OTD last Friday

Oh are you doing Flex MOT, MOT or OTD?
There was an interview day for MOT and OTD last Friday

Wow ! Thanks so much for that piece of info. I didn’t know they already started.

I’m applying for the regular MOT program for Fall san marcos :) you?

Oh okay thats awesome, best of luck! I'm applying to the OTD program at San Marcos. I interviewed there last week, so now I'm just waiting for an admissions decision. They said 3 weeks, but I'm hoping that it comes sooner so I'll have some peace of mind knowing where I stand. Hopefully we'll both be out there next Fall!

For Fall 2018 start
Best of luck! I interviewed on the 23rd -- I hope to see you in San Marcos in the Fall!

Hey guys, I know I kinda late, but I applied to San Marco OTD as well on Feb 19 and haven't heard anything back yet. Do you guys know when I would hear back?

I have an interview at for St. Augustine MOT at the St. Augustine campus! I'm super excited but hesitant about the price of the program. Does anyone else have the same concerns? Is the cost of the program worth it?

Hey guys, I know I kinda late, but I applied to San Marco OTD as well on Feb 19 and haven't heard anything back yet. Do you guys know when I would hear back?
I applied in October and didn't hear back until like January. But since they are in the middle of interviews, I would expect you should probably hear back after the second cycle of interviews :)

I have an interview at for St. Augustine MOT at the St. Augustine campus! I'm super excited but hesitant about the price of the program. Does anyone else have the same concerns? Is the cost of the program worth it?
Congrats! Most of the schools I have looked at have relatively the same price. Though, I'm in CA so all of our schools are expensive and out of state tuition for me almost equals the in-state price of most of my state schools.

Yeah in comparison to Florida public school programs it is on the pricier side (FGCU, FIU, UF being the cheapest) but like NatOT said the price tag is average for an OT degree. I interviewed two weeks ago and the program seemed solid and I liked the professor I interviewed with.

I personally find the price to be really reasonable, actually. Theres only 2 public OT programs in CA so they're very impacted in terms of applications v. available seats. And USA's tuition compared to other private institutions is great. For instance, it's cheaper to get an OTD at USA than it is to get an MOT from USC. But I guess it all comes down to which campus and what other programs are available to you.

Yea, like NatOT said, you'll probably hear back after this second round of interviews. For the 1st round, they told us we'd hear in 3 weeks, so I'd expect another round of interviews being sent out 2 weeks after the 2nd round if the seats haven't been filled by then.

Thanks guys! Good to hear. I'm from South Carolina so it's more on the expensive side comparing it to the OT schools in SC. That was my only concern though. Good luck to everyone!

Thanks guys! Good to hear. I'm from South Carolina so it's more on the expensive side comparing it to the OT schools in SC. That was my only concern though. Good luck to everyone!
Ohhh that makes a lot of sense. CA is a crazy high standard of living so we look at their tuition and think it's a steal lol but I definitely agree that a lot of programs are really expensive. NatOT and I were actually just discussing the crazy financial commitment USC has.

Best of luck! I interviewed on the 23rd -- I hope to see you in San Marcos in the Fall!
Hey! I have an interview at San Marcos for the MSOT program next Friday. If you don’t mind me asking, what kind of interview questions did they ask you?

Hey! I have an interview at San Marcos for the MSOT program next Friday. If you don’t mind me asking, what kind of interview questions did they ask you?
They ask you to introduce yourself, why you chose OT & why you chose USA. Then they ask what you think would be the most difficult part about attending USA. I thiiink that’s it? I don’t think my group got to all the questions cause we were small talking a lot and ran out of time.

They ask you to introduce yourself, why you chose OT & why you chose USA. Then they ask what you think would be the most difficult part about attending USA. I thiiink that’s it? I don’t think my group got to all the questions cause we were small talking a lot and ran out of time.
Those are the questions I got as well! I was the group before Kdom94, and we went over our time, so it kind of squished their time. But, be prepared with questions. After she interviewed us, she let us ask her a couple questions.

Thanks! They sent me an email and also updated my application portal.
Have you received any instructions on putting down the deposit or anything? I received an acceptance letter and was told I would be receiving a follow up email but I have not received anything yet regarding the deposit and background check information!

Have you received any instructions on putting down the deposit or anything? I received an acceptance letter and was told I would be receiving a follow up email but I have not received anything yet regarding the deposit and background check information!
Congrats on getting accepted! Which semester/campus were you accepted for?