Program-Specific Info / Q's St. Augustine Fall 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's awesome!!! Have you heard back yet? Were you OTD or MOT?
Yes! I heard back last Tuesday that I was accepted for MOT Summer cohort! Super excited but now I gotta figure out housing Thanks for all the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes! I heard back last Tuesday that I was accepted for MOT Summer cohort! Super excited but now I gotta figure out housing Thanks for all the help!
Congrats!! I was offered Summer as well but I had to turn it down as the program starts a week and a half before I graduate with my Bachelor's! I look forward to seeing you around campus!

Reactions: 1 user
Nope :(
I think we’ll be hearing in the next few days. Erin said early this week
Hey I’ve been lurking in here a for a while, just curious if either of you @J_OT15 or @SCOT2017 have heard anything for the Fall cohort? I also interviewed the same day you did and the last email I received last week (Wed.) was that she’d be reaching out the next several weeks o_O

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I’ve been lurking in here a for a while, just curious if either of you @J_OT15 or @SCOT2017 have heard anything for the Fall cohort? I also interviewed the same day you did and the last email I received last week (Wed.) was that she’d be reaching out the next several weeks o_O
Nope not at all :(

I interviewed Feb 23 and accepted March 20. I turned down my acceptance so I hope you hear back with good news soon!

For anyone already in the MOT program at St. Augustine, would you say it is viable to work part time while doing school full time? I know it’s hybrid and we have a day off of school all together, does anyone have experience working full/part time?

I got accepted for the Fall 2018 regular program on 3/29 but I won't be attending! Best of luck to you all.

Can any of those who got accepted share their GPA,GRE any useful info?

I hope to apply for Spring 2019.

Thanks!

Can any of those who got accepted share their GPA,GRE any useful info?

I hope to apply for Spring 2019.

Thanks!

I think less people apply to Spring cohort so chances of getting in are probably better than Fall.

Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA:3.24
Pre-Req GPA: 3.3
GRE: 152Q 155V 3.0W
Hours: Pediatric Outpatient 40 hrs, Adult Inpatient 40 hrs
LOR: OT, Research lab PI, Asst. Dean of Students

I think less people apply to Spring cohort so chances of getting in are probably better than Fall.

Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA:3.24
Pre-Req GPA: 3.3
GRE: 152Q 155V 3.0W
Hours: Pediatric Outpatient 40 hrs, Adult Inpatient 40 hrs
LOR: OT, Research lab PI, Asst. Dean of Students

Thanks for sharing!

Here are my stats.. can anyone tell me what my chances of getting an interview are? Thanks!

San Francisco State University: Psychology

Cumulative GPA: 3.09
Last 60 Units GPA: 3.45
Pre Req GPA: 3.6-3.7
GRE: 144V, 149Q, writing score unknown because I just took the test a few days ago.

Volunteer:

44 SNF

30 Hand therapy

3 Pediatrics Social Skills Group

25 Pediatrics – specialization feeding therapy (on going)

401 Paid Job at Pediatric OT Clinic as an instructor leading groups of kids in fine and gross motor skills program

Starting a mentorship at an Outdoor pediatric occupational therapy program next week

TOTAL: 503 hours

LORS: OT I worked with at the Peds clinic, Physiology professor

Job: Registered Behavior Technician for kids on the Autism Spectrum 1.5 years

Extra:

CPR Certified , RBT Certification

Autism Speaks Walk 2017

Here are my stats.. can anyone tell me what my chances of getting an interview are? Thanks!

San Francisco State University: Psychology

Cumulative GPA: 3.09
Last 60 Units GPA: 3.45
Pre Req GPA: 3.6-3.7
GRE: 144V, 149Q, writing score unknown because I just took the test a few days ago.

Volunteer:

44 SNF

30 Hand therapy

3 Pediatrics Social Skills Group

25 Pediatrics – specialization feeding therapy (on going)

401 Paid Job at Pediatric OT Clinic as an instructor leading groups of kids in fine and gross motor skills program

Starting a mentorship at an Outdoor pediatric occupational therapy program next week

TOTAL: 503 hours

LORS: OT I worked with at the Peds clinic, Physiology professor

Job: Registered Behavior Technician for kids on the Autism Spectrum 1.5 years

Extra:

CPR Certified , RBT Certification

Autism Speaks Walk 2017

Your stats are very similar to mine, as I have also been working in ABA as an RBT. You may want to consider retaking the GRE because prior to receiving an interview, they told me that their average candidates had a combined GRE score of 294-300 with a 3.5 for writing. So I retook it and scored higher & got an interview. Other than that, I’m sure you should be fine with all your experiences! :) Goodluck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Your stats are very similar to mine, as I have also been working in ABA as an RBT. You may want to consider retaking the GRE because prior to receiving an interview, they told me that their average candidates had a combined GRE score of 294-300 with a 3.5 for writing. So I retook it and scored higher & got an interview. Other than that, I’m sure you should be fine with all your experiences! :) Goodluck!

Thanks! I know it’s 1 point below at 293!! Ugh I emailed the admissions advisor and she said as long as I don’t have any Cs in the pre reqs i should be okay. Which I don’t have any Cs. I am planning to retake the GRE in the summer cause I have a lot to focus on right now as I’m finishing up physio. And you also have to wait at least 21 days to retake. So I’m just gonna apply with that score and if I don’t get an interview I will be retaking the GRE and apply to other programs.

Thanks for the advice!!

Reactions: 1 users
Was sent an acceptance today for the fall ‘18 full time OT program. Will not Ben accepting, but good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
I got in as well! I will be deciding between a few other schools

Was sent an acceptance today for the fall ‘18 full time OT program. Will not Ben accepting, but good luck to everyone!

If you don’t mind sharing, when did you have your interview day?

Got my acceptance for Fall this morning too!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone who received an acceptance email this morning get another email this afternoon about a recall?....

Did anyone who received an acceptance email this morning get another email this afternoon about a recall?....
I had the same thing happen, I have tried calling and emailing back for an explanation but haven't received anything yet.

^^ same thing happened to me, minutes after I told all of my friends and family...hopefully it’s just a mistake that has no affect on our admission decision. If we truly got our offers rescinded, that would be extremely embarassing and sad to say the least. I’d hope they atleast contact us before the weekend and not have us wait anxiously for the next couple of days.

^^ same thing happened to me, minutes after I told all of my friends and family...hopefully it’s just a mistake that has no affect on our admission decision. If we truly got our offers rescinded, that would be extremely embarassing and sad to say the least. I’d hope they atleast contact us before the weekend and not have us wait anxiously for the next couple of days.

RIGHT?? Same situation for me, friends and family are all excited for me to possibly stay in California. I'm not sure to wait it out or let them know the possibility of it being taken back.

I have one school out in TN that I am accepted at, but still, it would be nice to know if San Marcos is going to be an option.

Same. I doubt we'll hear anything more today though since all of my calls to admissions have gone to voicemail and the work day is almost done/done for some.

The fact that it’s happened to a few of us makes me feel a little bit better about the situation. The e-mail was so ambiguous and abrupt and since there was no follow up email or call it all just seems like a mistake. I assume you all received the email with your myusa profile and pws, so it seems unlikely that they created that information for us just to cancel it...

Also when I call about 2 hours ago, I was redirected to voicemail, but immediately received a call back from Susan’s number. The caller hung up before I could get a word in but I think this means that they are aware of the situation and are receiving a high volume of inquiries. So hopefully there is a resolution soon and fingers crossed for all of us!

Thats good to know! I think you're right, I cant imagine that we would have accounts created and the formal email sent just for us to be denied. Im going to assume I am in until I hear otherwise! haha.

I'm sure there are many others who are in the same boat as us. Will ya'll be attending if our admission is confirmed?

I'm in the same boat as everyone. Freaking out. Did anyone get a phone call? They said in the interview that we would get one after our acceptance

@lexluther11 Im doing the same thing! Haha as far as we know, we are in. But yea, i’d lean towards taking their admissions offer.

@OT is the life for me
The work day is over so there is probably no use in worrying about it at this point! Let’s just take the weekend and celebrate as if we got in!

Oh and no, I did not receive a call. I slightly remember Erin saying that a phone call wasn’t guaranteed, but they try their best to do so.

We also did not receive rejection letters.....just "recall". I feel like they could have easily just sent out denial letters as a "recall" letter

Plot twist: I just got an email offering admission to the OTD program for Fall instead

Same!
I was given 3 options:

Admissions to OTD Fall 2018 (they have to review if you took a statistics course?)

Waitlist for MOT fall 2018
And
Admissions for Spring ( January 2018)

So I believe I still got accepted, just not for the upcoming Fall 2018 cohort.

I had the same things happen: email of acceptance to fall '18, then a recall email then an email that gave me three options.
Do you think we can choose to waitlist and if we don't get accepted, them be admitted to Spring? I have so many questions and want to celebrate, but I'm too hesitant to until I know for sure what's going on.

I got the same 3 option email too. At the end of my interview day, someone asked about how many interview days they were having and they said the March 16th MOT interview day for Fall 2018 was the first one and that, if they did not fill all of the seats from that interview day, they would have another one. Did you guys all interview on March 16th too? Because if we didn't get in, I wonder who did...Is there anyone who has been officially accepted to the fall 2018 MOT program?

I’m so sorry that you guys are experiencing this. It’s so unprofessional. I already had a slightly unpleasant issue with them while I was waiting to hear back after my interview.

Anyway, not sure why they would say March 16th was the first day. I had my MOT interview for Fall 2018 in February (San Marcos campus). A friend in that interview did get offered admission to Summer though, but yes some of us were there interviewing for fall. I got an acceptance for fall but I’m likely going to drop it and attend a different school. So that’s an extra spot for someone to move from the waitlist :) hope things get resolved soon!

I got the same 3 option email too. At the end of my interview day, someone asked about how many interview days they were having and they said the March 16th MOT interview day for Fall 2018 was the first one and that, if they did not fill all of the seats from that interview day, they would have another one. Did you guys all interview on March 16th too? Because if we didn't get in, I wonder who did...Is there anyone who has been officially accepted to the fall 2018 MOT program?

Is this issue with Fall MOT or OTD or BOTH? I have an interview next week on Tuesday... for 2018 Fall OTD.. Whats going on....??

Is this all for the San Marcos campus that this is happening?

I could be wrong, but I think this is only happening for the Fall 2018 MOT San Marcos campus...but I think everyone who got the recall has the option of being admitted to the fall OTD program

I could be wrong, but I think this is only happening for the Fall 2018 MOT San Marcos campus...but I think everyone who got the recall has the option of being admitted to the fall OTD program

I was going to be applying for spring MOT for San Marcos. I wonder if there will now be less availability to get in since they are offering all of you admission for spring

I noticed that in the e-mail it gaves us admissions to the Spring 2018* cohort that starts in January. I know that when I interviewed on the 16th they were still looking to fill spots for the may 2018 cohort. So I’m wondering if this typo was meant for the may start date or the january one. I emailed them just to make sure and will keep you guys updated.

I noticed that in the e-mail it gaves us admissions to the Spring 2018* cohort that starts in January. I know that when I interviewed on the 16th they were still looking to fill spots for the may 2018 cohort. So I’m wondering if this typo was meant for the may start date or the january one. I emailed them just to make sure and will keep you guys updated.

Wow what a mess! I’m sorry you guys are dealing with all of that. I know for the summer admission emails for the MOT they had sent those applications the Admissions email for the OTD, sounds like they need to re evaluate who works in admissions

Wow what a mess! I’m sorry you guys are dealing with all of that. I know for the summer admission emails for the MOT they had sent those applications the Admissions email for the OTD, sounds like they need to re evaluate who works in admissions

Applicants **

March 16th was the second interview date. I was the first interview date (Feb. 23) and I know a few people who accepted their position for the MOT program (and about 3-4 for the OTD program). I was accepted into the OTD program.

I'm so sorry you guys are going through all of this! Some people posted in the facebook group last night about this. Not quite sure how they let this happen!

I'm wondering how many they will accept into the OTD program? During my interview they said I believe it was 35 people for MOT and like 12-15 for OTD.

Hi guys! I interviewed at the St. Augustine Austin, Tx campus on Feb. 16th and got my acceptance email on March 6th for the Fall MOT. The acceptance email said in a few week we would receive another email about the deposit and other information. I have emailed Jill twice and called her office a couple times with no reply about when we will get more information to hold our spot. So it has been over a month now with no contact from the school after my acceptance. Has anyone else received info about the security deposit or been able to get ahold of Jill??

Last edited:
Hi guys! I interviewed at the St. Augustine Austin, Tx campus on Feb. 16th and got my acceptance email on March 6th for the Fall MOT. The acceptance email said in a few week we would receive another email about the deposit and other information. I have emailed Jill twice and called her office a couple times with no reply about when we will get more information to hold our spot. So it has been over a month now with no contact from the school after my acceptance. Has anyone else received info about the security deposit or been able to get ahold of Jill??
I haven't received anything other than the acceptance letter as well! I emailed Jill and have not heard back from her either. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one though!

I haven't received anything other than the acceptance letter as well! I emailed Jill and have not heard back from her either. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one though!
I have been calling Erin at San Marcos to try and find out more information as well. It makes me nervous because they said we only had 45 days to turn in everything and we are still waiting for more information from them!

Hi All,
I was in the same boat after all of getting the three different start dates. I am leaning towards accepting the position for the January start date, I am not sure if I can be on the waitlist for the Fall MOT program as well? It makes me nervous to have this happen so soon when I've heard good and bad things about the faculty. Anyone for sure accepting for the Spring?

Erin just reached out to me and the start date is January 2019. So basically choosing between OTD Fall 2018 and MOT Spring 2019. For those of you who chose the OTD path what advantages/differences over the MOT program made you choose to go that route? And if I’m not mistaken, the third year of the OTD program is completely online correct?