Program-Specific Info / Q's St Augustine Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hannieOT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I applied for USA's Fall 17 in FL. The deadline used to be 12/15 but on OTCAS they moved it to 2/1. I am just curious as to if we will have to wait an additional 6-8 weeks now! Today marks week 7 since 12/15 and I am going crazy! Anyone know anything?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone. I applied for USA's Fall 17 in FL. The deadline used to be 12/15 but on OTCAS they moved it to 2/1. I am just curious as to if we will have to wait an additional 6-8 weeks now! Today marks week 7 since 12/15 and I am going crazy! Anyone know anything?
I'm at 7 weeks as well, but was told I would know within 3 to 5 weeks. Wondering if I should send an email just to check in.

I was unaware that they extended the deadline. Thanks for the info!
-Just emailed Marlena Jackson. Will let you know what she says about the new deadline/ interview dates.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything about St. Augustine's wait list? I have read in a couple of places that if you are put on their wait list, you are automatically guaranteed a spot in the following term if they are not able to get you in for the term you applied. I don't know if this is factual. Has anyone heard anything similar?

I don't believe that is correct- they told us at Austin interviews that if you are put on the waitlist you can choose to remain on the waitlist for that term in hopes people drop or to be considered for the next term without having to re interview but you can only reapply once or twice (I can't remember)!

This schools quite expensive. Around $90,000 just for tuition if I remember, correct?

Guys I'm so impatient! I stalked all the other USA threads and people were getting invited to interviews around now so hopefully we will hear this week!

I haven't heard anything either and applied in the beginning of January. Does anyone know if the class is full?

I applied to the Austin, Tx location and haven't heard anything regarding interviews. Is everyone still waiting to hear?

I have an interview next week. Has anyone else hear anything?

I applied for the fall. Did you guys apply on OTCAS or their website?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I applied OTCAS for Fall at Augustine but nothing back yet!

I'm pretty sure I applied for the summer semester but I could be wrong. It was so long ago! I'm like 90% sure I applied for the summer. I feel like they do a lot of last minute stuff bc I looked up the start date and it was May 2nd so for those who applied for fall maybe you won't hear until the summer? Who knows!

I'm pretty sure I applied for the summer semester but I could be wrong. It was so long ago! I'm like 90% sure I applied for the summer. I feel like they do a lot of last minute stuff bc I looked up the start date and it was May 2nd so for those who applied for fall maybe you won't hear until the summer? Who knows!
Yeah you need to find out soon! Since they have so many different locations and start dates, it makes sense that they would be a little slower with getting back to us.

Update: Just got a call today about verifying information and then my application will be reviewed for the Fall at the Florida campus. I applied 01/13.

Update: Just got a call today about verifying information and then my application will be reviewed for the Fall at the Florida campus. I applied 01/13.
Did they say anything about notifying you about an interview? I applied back in December to meet the original deadline. I just wasn't sure why it was extended and how that plays into the timeline of our interviews. It was 6-8 weeks from December 15 originally.

I haven't heard back either, I applied for Fall OTD program in Austin

Did they say anything about notifying you about an interview? I applied back in December to meet the original deadline. I just wasn't sure why it was extended and how that plays into the timeline of our interviews. It was 6-8 weeks from December 15 originally.
She said once I turned in my additional application info, my application would be up for review. I had no idea they extended the deadline until I saw the program on OTCAS! She said we would most likely hear about an interview a couple weeks after the deadline (March 1st).

I haven't heard back either, I applied for Fall OTD program in Austin
I am assuming they are trying to get all the applications for the summer ready. So the fall programs may take a little longer.

She said once I turned in my additional application info, my application would be up for review. I had no idea they extended the deadline until I saw the program on OTCAS! She said we would most likely hear about an interview a couple weeks after the deadline (March 1st).
Thanks for the info!!

Hello I applied to St. Augustine Florida on OTCAS for fall 2017 I received an email and phone for a time to review my application. Basically I was told that my GRE Scores were not competitive enough and it was either my choice to retake it and inform them of my new scores or she could still submit my application but it would be a slim chance I get in because GRE Scores are weighted heavily. I decided to let them hold my application so for the people that have not heard anything I would not worry that means that your application was good. Also I was informed they will start giving calls on March 1st for interviews.

Reactions: 2 users
Hello I applied to St. Augustine Florida on OTCAS for fall 2017 I received an email and phone for a time to review my application. Basically I was told that my GRE Scores were not competitive enough and it was either my choice to retake it and inform them of my new scores or she could still submit my application but it would be a slim chance I get in because GRE Scores are weighted heavily. I decided to let them hold my application so for the people that have not heard anything I would not worry that means that your application was good. Also I was informed they will start giving calls on March 1st for interviews.

Okay thank you for letting us know!! And do you mind me asking what your GRE scores are? Together mine is a 295 which is pretty metiocure so I'm curious as to what they are looking for!

Okay thank you for letting us know!! And do you mind me asking what your GRE scores are? Together mine is a 295 which is pretty metiocure so I'm curious as to what they are looking for!
yeah my GRE scores are around the same! Hoping they don't care that much. I'm confused. Are they doing rolling admissions?

yeah my GRE scores are around the same! Hoping they don't care that much. I'm confused. Are they doing rolling admissions?
They told me the same and I went ahead and got an interview for the Austin campus

Congrats! I think the program is great. It's just expensive.

I am not sure! But I submitted everything in September so I hope they take that into consideration!

Just got an invite for a March interview. I applied through their portal instead of OTCAS

Just got an invite for a March interview. I applied through their portal instead of OTCAS
When did you apply? Do you mind me asking if your interview is the beginning, middle, or end of March? I'm hearing back from schools soon and just want to plan everything out! thanks.

I had everything complete in November, but had some difficulty with my GRE scores not showing up so it wasn't finalized until the middle of December. The interview is in the middle of March, and it looks like it's a group interview, which is making me nervous!

I had everything complete in November, but had some difficulty with my GRE scores not showing up so it wasn't finalized until the middle of December. The interview is in the middle of March, and it looks like it's a group interview, which is making me nervous!
Oh no! I haven't done a group interview yet. At least you have time to prepare!

Did they call or email? Just so I know if I need to keep my phone on me.
It was an email just an email with the invitation and some details on the day

I have an interview next week. Has anyone else hear anything?
How did the interview go? Was it a group interview? Mine makes it seem like it is, but does not say for sure that they always are.

How did the interview go? Was it a group interview? Mine makes it seem like it is, but does not say for sure that they always are.
I just did an interview three weeks ago and it was super laid back. Me and one other girl interviewed with one professor. She asked super basic questions. The ones I remember.. what made you interested in OT? what places did you do your observations in? how do you handle stress? what is the hardest part about being in OT? and why this school?

I just received an email from Marlena Jackson saying we should hear something March 1. I had emailed her a couple days ago, so for those of us that applied for fall 2017, March 1.

Reactions: 3 users
I think it went well! It was just a phone interview not sure if that was a good or bad sign...I saw on here someone actually went down for a face to face interview maybe they did a phone one for me because I live out of state. I think it went well. We shall see what happens!

I think it went well! It was just a phone interview not sure if that was a good or bad sign...I saw on here someone actually went down for a face to face interview maybe they did a phone one for me because I live out of state. I think it went well. We shall see what happens!

Did they give you the option of a phone interview? I live 16 hours away so a phone interview would definitely be nice, but as of right now it's face to face.

It's March 1st!! Anyone hear anything yet?!

I applied to the Austin Fall 2017 MOT program... Haven't heard anything back yet :(

Why do they keep us waiting like this :(
Gah! I wish they wouldn't!!
I got accepted into UTEP yesterday.. which I'm so happy about.. I feel lucky to have been accepted anywhere.. But they're program starts MAY 30th!
So I'm hoping I hear back really really really soon from other programs.. Austin would be better for me.

Gah! I wish they wouldn't!!
I got accepted into UTEP yesterday.. which I'm so happy about.. I feel lucky to have been accepted anywhere.. But they're program starts MAY 30th!
So I'm hoping I hear back really really really soon from other programs.. Austin would be better for me.

YAY that's so awesome congrats!! Yeah definitely I hear you. St augustine is my last hope unfortunately ahaha

I just did an interview three weeks ago and it was super laid back. Me and one other girl interviewed with one professor. She asked super basic questions. The ones I remember.. what made you interested in OT? what places did you do your observations in? how do you handle stress? what is the hardest part about being in OT? and why this school?

Was there an essay portion? I have my interview next week and I'm not sure how I should prepare.

Was there an essay portion? I have my interview next week and I'm not sure how I should prepare.
no they don't do essay anymore. Those were the only questions they asked me but the ones she seemed most interested in was why we wanted to be an OT, the sites we had gone to, and the hardest part about being an OT. The first question is obviously going to be whatever your personal story is but i would suggest having good sites that aren't common. We both had done common inpatient outpatient settings but also I did psych visits (one to a prison psych ward) and the other girl in my interview had done a lot of picu and that really impressed her. We also said that hard parts about OT are communicating with parents when dealing with peds, and emotions when dealing with geriatrics and she then went on about how much she agreed and stuff. sorry, idk if that was too much info or if it'll help at all but hopefully it helps someone!

no they don't do essay anymore. Those were the only questions they asked me but the ones she seemed most interested in was why we wanted to be an OT, the sites we had gone to, and the hardest part about being an OT. The first question is obviously going to be whatever your personal story is but i would suggest having good sites that aren't common. We both had done common inpatient outpatient settings but also I did psych visits (one to a prison psych ward) and the other girl in my interview had done a lot of picu and that really impressed her. We also said that hard parts about OT are communicating with parents when dealing with peds, and emotions when dealing with geriatrics and she then went on about how much she agreed and stuff. sorry, idk if that was too much info or if it'll help at all but hopefully it helps someone![/QUOTE

Thank you so much! That definitely helps. Stressing over preparing for this interview!