This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DanceQueen66

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Would anyone be able to explain to me how St. Augustine calculates their GPA? Is it the last 60 or 45 credit hours of undergraduate or if we take courses after our undergraduate will that count as well. In addition, if our pre-requisite GPA is significantly stronger than our cumulative, will that play a factor into their decision does anybody know?

Members don't see this ad.

I was told that they take your undergraduate GPA without doing recalculations and pre-req GPA

Hey, do y'all know if St Augustine accepts GPAs as they are, or do they recalculate them. For instance, I attended a University where you could receive a (A+,A-,B+,B-) and so on. Do they recalculate these for standard letter grading or leave those alone.

Hey, do y'all know if St Augustine accepts GPAs as they are, or do they recalculate them. For instance, I attended a University where you could receive a (A+,A-,B+,B-) and so on. Do they recalculate these for standard letter grading or leave those alone.

Hi! I was actually accepted to USA last year, so I know the process pretty well. They calculate your GPA based on the regular A, B, C, D, F scale. This is because there are a lot of schools out there (public schools, especially) who don't use the +/- system, so they don't want any students to be at a disadvantage. For example, a student at a state school may have made an 80 average in Anatomy, but gotten a regular B (3.00) while the private school down the road gave a student with an 80 in Anatomy a B- (2.70). The same goes for all PTCAS programs for the same reason. It just evens the playing field.