-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
st james medical school
Started by king kong bundy
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I'd check out the other thread about Saint James, if I were you.
Edit: Oops, I guess you already did. My bad!
Correct. This school, as with others outside the US, have been discussed extensively.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone give me some good pointer on st. ajmes medical school. Has anyone gone there before.
thanks.
king knog bundy
no thanks jeff
I agree wiht you, but it looks pretty good and to be honest I won't mind go there at all.Correct. This school, as with others outside the US, have been discussed extensively.
what does that mean?no thanks jeff
I agree wiht you, but it looks pretty good and to be honest I won't mind go there at all.
Why does it look good in your opinion?
I did and tp be honest with you, the things that were said was not good. alot of people get caught with the top ten schools in the U.S.. Medical school in itself is great challenge and it would be a honor to graduate from any medical school. don't you think? I don't mind a person giving his or her opinion but, on the other hand facts is facts on if your listed in WHO that says alot.I'd check out the other thread about Saint James, if I were you.
Edit: Oops, I guess you already did. My bad!
king kong bundy
I did and tp be honest with you, the things that were said was not good. alot of people get caught with the top ten schools in the U.S.. Medical school in itself is great challenge and it would be a honor to graduate from any medical school. don't you think? I don't mind a person giving his or her opinion but, on the other hand facts is facts on if your listed in WHO that says alot.
king kong bundy
Well yes, graduating from a US MD or DO school is a great accomplishment, and once you get into a residency, it really doesn't matter where you went to school. However, going to the Caribbean, especially Saint James, will severely limit your ability to match into one at all. I'm not saying its impossible, or that people who go this route are lesser physicians, but you should take the time to research the statistics before taking such a big risk.
I did and tp be honest with you, the things that were said was not good. alot of people get caught with the top ten schools in the U.S.. Medical school in itself is great challenge and it would be a honor to graduate from any medical school. don't you think? I don't mind a person giving his or her opinion but, on the other hand facts is facts on if your listed in WHO that says alot.
king kong bundy
Not trying to keep saying "downer" things...but being listed in the WHO is irrelevant in terms of finding a job after graduation. That's the main goal. Graduating from medical school is one thing, getting a residency is another.
For the most part it's an opportunity of a life time. it's very competative in trying to get into medical school itself. yes I read a little about the other schools SGU,Ross, Saba, and AUC. I had a professor who went to ROSS, but i'm not interested in the best schools like Brown and yale(even though it would be great to get in there). Coming from a military stand point it's just fine. some of the best doctors came from regular medical school.Why does it look good in your opinion?
Not trying to keep saying "downer" things...but being listed in the WHO is irrelevant in terms of finding a job after graduation. That's the main goal. Graduating from medical school is one thing, getting a residency is another.
Yeah, the WHO is not an accrediting body of significance in the US. It's essentially the same as saying it's non accredited here.
your right and I believe they have there own residency progarm as well. and yes your correct finding a job is the hard part for any medical doctor, no matter where you graduated from.Not trying to keep saying "downer" things...but being listed in the WHO is irrelevant in terms of finding a job after graduation. That's the main goal. Graduating from medical school is one thing, getting a residency is another.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did my research and it's just fine. and yes they now are accredited across the U.S.Well yes, graduating from a US MD or DO school is a great accomplishment, and once you get into a residency, it really doesn't matter where you went to school. However, going to the Caribbean, especially Saint James, will severely limit your ability to match into one at all. I'm not saying its impossible, or that people who go this route are lesser physicians, but you should take the time to research the statistics before taking such a big risk.
lolyeah, the who is not an accrediting body of significance in the us. It's essentially the same as saying it's non accredited here.
I did my research and it's just fine. and yes they now are accredited across the U.S.
Okay, well if you think you can do it, then it's up to you. However, I would do everything in my power to get into a non-Caribbean MD or DO school, even if it takes another year or two, just because it would help you tremendously down the road.
your right and I believe they have there own residency progarm as well. and yes your correct finding a job is the hard part for any medical doctor, no matter where you graduated from.
Sorry buddy, a non US program's "residency" won't allow you to work in the US. Good luck with that.
3.5 and I have not taken the MCAT as yet but I have taken the practice. but it wasn't great at all. I have not taken any pre med courses as yet. the outcome over all is good for a person who has not taken any pre med programs as yet.Let's end this discussion.
What is your GPA and MCAT?
There's a reason why this meme exists.
3.5 and I have not taken the MCAT as yet but I have taken the practice. but it wasn't great at all. I have not taken any pre med courses as yet. the outcome over all is good for a person who has not taken any pre med programs as yet.
Actually if you haven't taken the prereqs yet, and are a US college grad, you could do a postbac and the outcome is at least as good as someone who is a traditional premed. I appreciate that you are likely a troll, but worry about others who don't realize this and rely on your disinformation.
4
487806
Can someone give me some good pointer on st. ajmes medical school. Has anyone gone there before.
thanks.
king knog bundy
Never trust a guy who can't spell his own name (even if it's a user name).
Actually if you haven't taken the prereqs yet, and are a US college grad, you could do a postbac and the outcome is at least as good as someone who is a traditional premed.
👍
Please consider this.
Never trust a guy who can't spell his own name (even if it's a user name).
Or one that wears a tunic.
what does DO stand for? Brown University looks good b/c their MCAT is reasonable and their GPA acceptance is a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale; which is amazing! The only other school I would prefer is Uniformed Services University of the Health SciencesOkay, well if you think you can do it, then it's up to you. However, I would do everything in my power to get into a non-Caribbean MD or DO school, even if it takes another year or two, just because it would help you tremendously down the road.
Last edited:
4
487806
Hey it's an error, wow quit busting my chops. OMGNever trust a guy who can't spell his own name (even if it's a user name).
Last edited:
what is DO, and brown looks good b/c their MCAT is reasonable, there GPA IS 3.0. The only other school I would prefer is Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
Okay, but no.
0/10
what is DO, and brown looks good b/c their MCAT is reasonable, there GPA IS 3.0. The only other school I would prefer is Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
DO: Doctor of Osteopathy. People who hold degrees from osteopathic medical schools can either do an MD or DO residency, and have the same practicing rights as an MD. Traditionally, they are somewhat easier to get into than MD schools, as the average MCAT and GPA are fairly lower.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't get that eitherOr one that wears a tunic.
I didn't get that either
After reading your remarkably uninformed posts, I'm starting to think St James is probably the perfect place for you. Good luck.
FWIW, the better trolls make it a few days before people start calling them trolls.
Sounds great! I will take a look into this field. Besides i'm only interested in the psychiatry field that's all. is this still possible with DO option?DO: Doctor of Osteopathy. People who hold degrees from osteopathic medical schools can either do an MD or DO residency, and have the same practicing rights as an MD. Traditionally, they are somewhat easier to get into than MD schools, as the average MCAT and GPA are fairly lower.
Last edited:
I didn't get that... 🙁
I didn't get that either
Quote from Land of the Lost. 😳
Sounds great I will take look into this field. Besides i'm only interested in the psychiatry field that's all. is this still possible with DO option.
Yes. Now stop trying to legitimize going to a Caribbean school.
/thread
thanks alot for the support I need it.After reading your remarkably uninformed posts, I'm starting to think St James is probably the perfect place for you. Good luck.
FWIW, the better trolls make it a few days before people start calling them trolls.
I think you would make a fine addition to St. James.
4
487806
Hey it's an error, wow quit busting my chops. OMG
Like the error in every post you make? Do you use spell check or grammar check? Guess not. Take Law2Doc's advice. The Caribbean is the perfect place for you.
4
487806
what does DO stand for? Brown University looks good b/c their MCAT is reasonable and their GPA acceptance is a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale; which is amazing! The only other school I would prefer is Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
Nah. Based on your post history, they are out of your league. Caribbean is the best place for you. Enjoy the beautiful oceans and the warm weather. 😎
What's wrong with going to a Caribbean school? Some folks can't afford top dollars for medical, so the only option is the Caribbean. Not to mention insinuating circumstances like low MCAT score etc.Yes. Now stop trying to legitimize going to a Caribbean school.
/thread
...Some folks can't afford top dollars for medical, so the only option is the Caribbean....
Just for anyone reading this, offshore schools are more, not less, expensive, and often harder to get student loans to boot. Also "insinuating" doesn't mean what you think it does.
4
487806
Just for anyone reading this, offshore schools are more, not less, expensive, and often harder to get student loans to boot. Also "insinuating" doesn't mean what you think it does.
👍 Hard to argue with that.
LOOK, LET ME MAKE THIS LOUD AND SPARKLING CLEAR! QUIT BUSTING MY CHOPS ABOUT GRAMMAR! OKAY.Nah. Based on your post history, they are out of your league. Caribbean is the best place for you. Enjoy the beautiful oceans and the warm weather. 😎
Look listen up buddy! I'm not here for your smart comments. I admit, I'm not checking for spelling errors (boo for me). But if you guys are on this forum just make me laughing stalks out of me then leave. I'm here for enlightenment and words of encouragement. You can kindly say check your grammar errors. Beside you don't have the wisdom or wit to even start an establishment like St. James or any other medical school. So stop talking trash, like said I'm here for info etc.
Last edited:
Look listen up buddy! Im not here for your smart comments. I admit, Im not checking for spelling errors (boo for me). But if you guys are on this forum just make me a laughing stoke out of me then leave. Im for enlightenment and words of encouragement. You can kindly say hey king must check your spelling or grammar; for it has a lot of errors. Beside you dont have the wisdom or wit to even start an establishment like st.james or any other medical school. So stop talking trash, like I said Im here for encouragement and info that all
Dude, I am going to tell you straight up.
Your English is atrocious and painful to read.
Look the main point is that, it's an option for many people to choose from. For whatever reasonJust for anyone reading this, offshore schools are more, not less, expensive, and often harder to get student loans to boot. Also "insinuating" doesn't mean what you think it does.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
4
487806
Look listen up buddy! Im not here for your smart comments. I admit, Im not checking for spelling errors (boo for me). But if you guys are on this forum just make me a laughing stoke out of me then leave. Im for enlightenment and words of encouragement. You can kindly say hey king must check your spelling or grammar; for it has a lot of errors. Beside you dont have the wisdom or wit to even start an establishment like st.james or any other medical school. So stop talking trash, like I said Im here for encouragement and info that all
How about using a search function before you posted the thread?
4
487806
Dude, I am going to tell you straight up.
Your English is atrocious and painful to read.
Hey now, OP clearly has a lot of wisdom, so we should read through his posts regardless of how many errors are there. For a guy with a lot of wisdom, I hoped OP would use a search function... Oh man, that hope is such a disappointment. 🙁
Whats wrong with going to a Caribbean school? Some folks can't afford top dollars for medical, so the only option is the Caribbean. Not to mention insinuating circumstances like low MCAT score etc.
just stop.
i believe the word you're looking for is "extenuating," and low MCAT score is not an extenuating circumstance because it is, to a large effect, under your control
LOOK, LET ME MAKE THIS LOUD AND SPARKLING CLEAR! QUIT BUSTING MY CHOPS ABOUT GRAMMAR! OKAY.Dude, I am going to tell you straight up.
Your English is atrocious and painful to read.
Look listen up buddy! I'm not here for your smart comments. I admit, I'm not checking for spelling errors (boo for me). But if you guys are on this forum just make me laughing stalks out of me then leave. I'm here for enlightenment and words of encouragement. You can kindly say check your grammar errors. Beside you don't have the wisdom or wit to even start an establishment like St. James or any other medical school. So stop talking trash, like said I'm here for info etc.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 408