stafford/direct loans for foreign schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ubigal

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i know it was posted before, but can someone please repost the url (or where I can find the list) that contains all of the foreign medical schools that qualify for stafford loans. Specifically, I'm checking to see if U College of London is on that list. I think I saw University of London a while back -- do the fafsa people consider it the same? Who can I contact at fafsa to make sure that I will be covered? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

What I have is: http://www.ed.gov/offices/OSFAP/Students/

On the left side of the page there's a link called "codes" from which you can search for your school. Then, under STATE, pick "overseas/foreign school."

Keep in mind that if the school has a US office, it will probably be listed under that US state. For example, my school has an office in San Antonio, TX (although no instruction occurs there; it's strictly for paperwork/interviews, etc.), so it's not listed on the "international" list. A little wacky, but what are ya gonna do?

Hope this helps.