Stanford EDP applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

myusernam3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
for those of you who applied EDP to stanford, was it worth it? did u get in? im considering applying to stanford through EDP but im not sure if it'll be worth it for me. Here are a few things:

38Q
3.8 something GPA
research
volunteering
community service

what do u guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

I'd be careful with the EDP. You have great numbers that will be competitive a lot of places. If, for some reason, you don't get in at Stanford, you won't be able to apply other places until October. I don't know how much applying for the EDP increases your chances of acceptance (if any), so I'd play it safe and just apply during the regular cycle. Just my opinion though. Best of luck.

I'd be careful with the EDP. You have great numbers that will be competitive a lot of places. If, for some reason, you don't get in at Stanford, you won't be able to apply other places until October. I don't know how much applying for the EDP increases your chances of acceptance (if any), so I'd play it safe and just apply during the regular cycle. Just my opinion though. Best of luck.

:thumbup:

October is REALLY late to be applying, so keep that in mind
and I mean REALLY late.

Members don't see this ad :)
:thumbup:

October is REALLY late to be applying, so keep that in mind
and I mean REALLY late.

I think EDP is risky. Unless you have some uber compelling reason to be in a particular city (i.e. you're married with 2 kids and your husband lives here and has a permanent), I wouldn't do it. ED for med school isn't like ED for undergrad. It just gives you a decision sooner, and if you look up statistics, very few if any ED candidates are offered a spot at most medical institutions. From the med school perspective, why give it out early if you still have 6000 applications of talent to look at?

I think EDP is risky. Unless you have some uber compelling reason to be in a particular city (i.e. you're married with 2 kids and your husband lives here and has a permanent), I wouldn't do it. ED for med school isn't like ED for undergrad. It just gives you a decision sooner, and if you look up statistics, very few if any ED candidates are offered a spot at most medical institutions. From the med school perspective, why give it out early if you still have 6000 applications of talent to look at?

True. But on the flip side, such a commitment on the behalf of the applicant - especially one with such solid stats - speaks volumes to admissions committees. If you're set on Stanford, and you think you know enough about what sets that school apart from others on your list, I say fire away! Good luck!