1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Stanford Interview Feedback

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by goldenbears18, Sep 29, 2002.

1. goldenbears18

goldenbears18 Member
    7+ Year Member

After searching in vain on past threads and the Interview Feedback feature, I haven't been able to find any information about Stanford's interview process. Does anyone who interviewed last year or early this season have any words of wisdom? (Or even just a brief explanation of the interview format). Thanks a lot!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Yeah, if anyone has Stanford Interview Feedback, please post. I have my interview coming up and I would really like more information about what it is like.

4. ChupaCabra

ChupaCabra New Member

Interview Day Agenda:

Overview of Stanford Med

Financial Aid Presentation

Student Interview (30-45 min)

Lunch/Tour

Faculty Interview (30-45 min)

Wrap-Up/Questions

They just wanted to know about my research, activities, and background. Just know your stuff, relax, and you'll do fine...pretty laid back overall.

Hope this helps,
    CC

5. Premed2003

Premed2003 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

How long is the day? it starts at 8:30 am, and when does it end?
    What is the wrapup at the end?

Thanks

6. S.c. Cdc28p

S.c. Cdc28p Member
    7+ Year Member

Last year the wrapup was about financial aid at Stanford. The day should end around 3-4 p.m., I think.

My interviews were pretty laid back. My student interviewer went to my undergraduate college, so it was pretty cool talking to him. I'm not sure if the ad com deliberately matched students and interviewers like that. The faculty interviewer asked a lot of intelligent questions; hence, a very stimulating conversation.

If you have to fly to the Bay Area, fly to San Jose, which is closer to Stanford than SF is.

Stanford's an awesome school. Enjoy your interview there! Good luck.