Stanford Interview Feedback

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goldenbears18

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
After searching in vain on past threads and the Interview Feedback feature, I haven't been able to find any information about Stanford's interview process. Does anyone who interviewed last year or early this season have any words of wisdom? (Or even just a brief explanation of the interview format). Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, if anyone has Stanford Interview Feedback, please post. I have my interview coming up and I would really like more information about what it is like.

Interview Day Agenda:

Overview of Stanford Med

Financial Aid Presentation

Student Interview (30-45 min)

Lunch/Tour

Faculty Interview (30-45 min)

Wrap-Up/Questions

They just wanted to know about my research, activities, and background. Just know your stuff, relax, and you'll do fine...pretty laid back overall.

Hope this helps,
CC

Members don't see this ad :)
How long is the day? it starts at 8:30 am, and when does it end?
What is the wrapup at the end?

Thanks

Originally posted by Premed2003
How long is the day? it starts at 8:30 am, and when does it end?
What is the wrapup at the end?

Thanks

Last year the wrapup was about financial aid at Stanford. The day should end around 3-4 p.m., I think.

My interviews were pretty laid back. My student interviewer went to my undergraduate college, so it was pretty cool talking to him. I'm not sure if the ad com deliberately matched students and interviewers like that. The faculty interviewer asked a lot of intelligent questions; hence, a very stimulating conversation.

If you have to fly to the Bay Area, fly to San Jose, which is closer to Stanford than SF is.

Stanford's an awesome school. Enjoy your interview there! Good luck.