Stanford Interviewees: January Notification?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
UCSF - 262:141
Hopkins - 259:118
Harvard - 241:164
wait question. for the harvard numbers, do they include BOTH NP and HST? b/c i know for a fact that ~30 ppl matriculate in HST every year, so does this mean that there are only ~130 NP students per year??? i always thought that the ~160 were all NP's. ... looks like chances of getting in just got smaller. -__-

Members don't see this ad.

Last year they accepted 163. This includes people that came off of the waiting list. There is no way to tell how many were accepted before the waitlist, but I would guess somewhere around 130 or so.

I interviewed very early and have heard absolutely nothing. It's definitely getting frustrating, given that Stanford is my top choice.

towelie, same here. i'm pessimistic at this moment, but i will keep a spot on the waitlist if offered one.

towelie, same here. i'm pessimistic at this moment, but i will keep a spot on the waitlist if offered one.

anyone else out there get anything via snail mail? I also interviewed in early november, and given how some people have gotten responses via snail, im not sure if its a good, or a bad thing that i havent heard at all!

Members don't see this ad :)
correct me if i'm wrong on any of these assumptions:

1) stanford's admissions committee does not involve interviewers, so we should expect to hear chronologically without fail-- i.e., there is no such thing as "Oh, maybe my interviewer wasn't present."
(this is based of what my interviewer told me)
2)we should expect to hear our decisions as soon as they are rendered, whether it be acceptance, rejection, or waitlist
(based on what the exit interview people said)
3) calls to east coast people seem to be almost non-existent??

has anyone actually gotten any snail mail decisions yet?

correct me if i'm wrong on any of these assumptions:

1) stanford's admissions committee does not involve interviewers, so we should expect to hear chronologically without fail-- i.e., there is no such thing as "Oh, maybe my interviewer wasn't present."
(this is based of what my interviewer told me)
2)we should expect to hear our decisions as soon as they are rendered, whether it be acceptance, rejection, or waitlist
(based on what the exit interview people said)
3) calls to east coast people seem to be almost non-existent??

has anyone actually gotten any snail mail decisions yet?

i think the only person who i know of was the guy on the east coast who got the waitlist letter. i think there are a lot of us who have not been called and don't have a letter - who knows what this means...

i think the only person who i know of was the guy on the east coast who got the waitlist letter. i think there are a lot of us who have not been called and don't have a letter - who knows what this means...

I have 2 east coast friends who interviewed there, one got an acceptance (last Thursday) and the other got a snail rejection! So it's not an east coast thing.

I guess we'll see what happens this Thursday....their next meeting.... wishing and waiting.....:laugh:

I have 2 east coast friends who interviewed there, one got an acceptance (last Thursday) and the other got a snail rejection! So it's not an east coast thing.

honestly i think it's random. a girl from my school who interviewed 2 wks after me got a call, and a guy i know who interviewed also 2 wks after me got the snail. i havent heard anything at all. so i dont know how true those assumptions are.

honestly i think it's random. a girl from my school who interviewed 2 wks after me got a call, and a guy i know who interviewed also 2 wks after me got the snail. i havent heard anything at all. so i dont know how true those assumptions are.

where do you go to school?

wait question. for the harvard numbers, do they include BOTH NP and HST? b/c i know for a fact that ~30 ppl matriculate in HST every year, so does this mean that there are only ~130 NP students per year??? i always thought that the ~160 were all NP's. ... looks like chances of getting in just got smaller. -__-

Yes the numbers include both NP and HST.

just got the snail - waitlist.

Better than me--I got the snail rejection.

Members don't see this ad :)
whats up with stanford - i just looked at your profile - wow

Who knows--I thought my interview went very well. I do think that I deviate from their general mold of students (they seem less interested in stats, and more interested in URM status and extremely unique ECs). Maybe they will like me better when I apply for residency.

Who knows--I thought my interview went very well. I do think that I deviate from their general mold of students (they seem less interested in stats, and more interested in URM status and extremely unique ECs). Maybe they will like me better when I apply for residency.

i think stanford has quite a different selection criteria. oh well, Hopkins is a great place and lets see what happens in March!

i'm very sorry for those who were rejected, but i trust that if you've interviewed at stanford, you're obviously an extremely qualified candidate who will probably attend a top med school regardless.

so i'll modify my annoying assumption: if you don't hear back when it's "your turn", then it's a snail waitlist or rejection. hmm... let's hope that phone rings...

any mid-december interviewees hear back yet? i was told late january or early february. our day may be tomorrow . . .

any mid-december interviewees hear back yet? i was told late january or early february. our day may be tomorrow . . .

I was an early-Dec Kid and am still waiting to hear anything...today is Thurs, so we may find out today :rolleyes:

Good Luck to all :luck: :luck: :luck:

i looked in mdappplicants and sdn, and the latest interview with a response so far has been 11/16 (minus someone who interviewed mid-december, bc they were md/phd and i suspect those are working differently).

i interviewed 11/27, so my guess is this week or latest next week to finish off november. if anyone receives a call tonight, PLEASE post and let us know your interview date! it would alleviate my neurosis (and i'm sure many others)!

Good luck you guys - I'm looking forward to joining this stress fest in a month or so....

Hey guys, just letting you all know I got a call from Dr. Garcia today at about 6:30pm, telling me that I got in to STANFORD!!!! I interviewed Dec. 5th (a tuesday) with two other applicants (one from Harvard, the other from Berkeley). I actually missed Dr. Garcia's first call, but luckily I picked up the second time he called. Re-visit weekend is the last weekend of April. Good luck to you all, I hope you all get what you want and deserve. Welp, I'm off to go get real cruncked after that news.

My friend got a call from Dr Garcia tonight - she interviewed 11/27. I won't lie, I'm envious, but couldn't be happier for her because she is possibly the nicest person ever.

:luck: to those of us waiting!

Congrats to those who got calls today, and good luck to the rest of you still waiting to hear!!

Congrats to those who got calls today, and good luck to the rest of you still waiting to hear!!

Congrats! Still no word (nothing.....here's hoping for next week :luck: :luck: )
Good Luck! :p

Hey guys,
I am new to posting on this site. I got the call yesterday evening. Also, I started a new one for Stanford acceptees before I found this thread. I am really excited to get to know potential classmates.

So once again. Congrats to those who got the call and I have my fingers crossed for those of you who are still waiting. GOOD LUCK!!! :luck:

Hey guys,
I am new to posting on this site. I got the call yesterday evening. Also, I started a new one for Stanford acceptees before I found this thread. I am really excited to get to know potential classmates.

So once again. Congrats to those who got the call and I have my fingers crossed for those of you who are still waiting. GOOD LUCK!!! :luck:

Congrats! When did you interview?

Dec 1st. The 2 month wait felt like an eternity.

dont get discouraged if you dont get a call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I interviewed Nov 13th. Two thursdays had passed, and I saw people on here getting acceptances who interviewed late nov, early december. I still hadnt got anything in the mail, or a phone call, so i just assumed I was rejected/waitlisted. Nonetheless, I got a package today (27th) in my mailbox, saying i am accepted.

i guess dr. garcia does not call everyone!

good luck to all.

hey everyone, i got my rejection today (interviewed early-mid nov). congrats to all accepted and fellow rejectees/waitlistees, don't worry, we'll try for residency ;)

I just learned today that I was accepted to Stanford! The funny thing is, I didn't receive a call or a letter. I found out via an e-mail from my interviewer!

I just learned today that I was accepted to Stanford! The funny thing is, I didn't receive a call or a letter. I found out via an e-mail from my interviewer!

haha, works well enough. congratulations!

congratulations to everyone who's been accepted!

wow, this hope is dangerous. i'd made peace with call-less thursdays already...

congratulations to everyone who's been accepted!

wow, this hope is dangerous. i'd made peace with call-less thursdays already...

I'm getting to that point....I guess here's hope for a good week....:luck: :luck: :luck:

Happy Thursday! Any calls tonight? :luck:

Omg!!!! I Just Got The Call!!!!!! Cali-baby!~

Don't lose hope if you don't get a call. I didn't get one and still got in.