Stanford Interviewees: Notified Recently?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nothing here, either...

Members don't see this ad.

calls for those accepted at yesterday's adcom meeting are supposed to go out sometime between today and monday...

!

calls for those accepted at yesterday's adcom meeting are supposed to go out sometime between today and monday...

!

Really?? How come? I thought the calls were on Thursday evenings. How'd you know that?

I saw you interviewed 2/5, so hopefully you get a call monday!! good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey all,

i just got a call yesterday!! i interviewed 2/8. im so excited! good luck to everyone who is still waiting! :)

Congrats this-is-not-fun!!! You are awesome! Would you mind me asking what the area code of the call is. Thanks a lot and good luck to the rest of us waiting.

thanks!! and it is 650! hope you hear some good news soon!

Congrats this is not fun! you are awesome! we probably have met each other because I interviewed on the same date as you did. No calls...freaking out (>.<)
can I ask what time did they call you yesterday?

thank you! i heard in the late afternoon - but i hear they will be calling ppl on monday too, so hopefully you guys will hear then!

congrats this is not fun!

prizzi, i didn't get a call yesterday either, but crimsonkid85 got an acceptance letter without a call. some hope maybe? :luck:

this is not fun, did you hear that calls would be going out monday from my earlier post or from another source? i got that information from the admissions office, who said "acceptance calls will go out between friday and monday." it's ambiguous whether that means the calls will go out all at once sometime between friday and monday, or if it means that the calls will trickle out throughout the weekend. it doesn't make sense for the latter, since there're only a few acceptances per week...

hey rdz,

im not sure... i heard that from you're earlier post, but if they said friday to monday - it makes sense that some might go out on monday too. sorry i couldnt provide a more promising answer... good luck to everyone waiting though - i think they interview until april and accept ppl til then so hopefully you guys will hear some good news soon! fingers crossed for those still waiting :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
hi, im a student at stanford; havent come to this site in ages. just so you know you should all stop stressing. the reason for the holdups sometimes is that the faculty or student interviewer is behind in writing up your review. that isnt always the case but i think it accounts for the majority of holdups so try not to speculate on a timetable. good luck

thanks for the note... it's tough waiting! :scared:

hey rdz, and anyone else still waiting to hear...when did you interview?

*fingers and toes crossed for everyone*

nothing in the mail as of yesterday. i have such a sinking feeling in my stomach!

then again... it ain't over until the fat lady sings.

p.s. does anyone have an idea why only some acceptees get calls?

3/8 for me... looks like i'll stop on by in april!

nothing in the mail as of yesterday. i have such a sinking feeling in my stomach!

then again... it ain't over until the fat lady sings.

p.s. does anyone have an idea why only some acceptees get calls?

It seems to me that some east coasters haven't gotten calls, maybe because it is too late to call (9:30-10:30 PM EST). I haven't talked to any West Coasters who got acceptance letters w/o calls.. not sure but thats my theory. I could be wrong.

I was interviewed on 2/9, got a call on friday (3/9) but didn't see the voice mail until today (damn cell phone), accepted but no letter yet. I live in SW FL...good luck everyone, keep waiting, stay hopeful

:(

i don't have a voicemail from dr. garcia, so i guess that means i should expect a wl/rejection...

the slow agony of it all!

i didn't recieve a call over the weekend and i got really depressed because i knew that i went under review last thursday. then i received a big packet from stanford yesterday (stanford, why do you toy with my emotions so?!). so if you live on the east coast like me, you should receive mail the following wednesday-thursday after your review.

crimsonkid, what did your acceptance letter say? i'm confused- why would your acceptance be a single sheet of paper in a thin envelope when it looks like stanford sends out large packets for acceptances...?

i didn't recieve a call over the weekend and i got really depressed because i knew that i went under review last thursday. then i received a big packet from stanford yesterday (stanford, why do you toy with my emotions so?!). so if you live on the east coast like me, you should receive mail the following wednesday-thursday after your review.

crimsonkid, what did your acceptance letter say? i'm confused- why would your acceptance be a single sheet of paper in a thin envelope when it looks like stanford sends out large packets for acceptances...?
well, i interviewed for mstp. so i got a thin letter stating i got into md/phd, and that i should expect correspondence from the MD program shortly, which i did, in the form of two huge packages. i guess one was for MD, and one for MD/PhD, although i didn't see an 'acceptance agreement' form for md/phd??? i'm actually pretty confused as to what's going on between the md and the mstp...

ah- OK! that is odd that the two don't seem to be coordinated.

well congratulations again!

AWESOME!! congrats!

thank you chaldobruin :)

chaldobruin...i think we interviewed in the same week (2nd full week of feb)...and today might be the day we go to committee?

GOOD LUCK!!!! :luck: :luck: :luck:

yup I interviewed 2/14, this is our day... lets all hold hands and pray :) .. I'll be clutching my phone at 6:30

good luck chaldobruin and ladykae! i know exactly how you feel. my heart jumped to 2x its normal rate every time the phone rang last weekend. none of them were stanford. even though two others from SDN were called that weekend, i still got in, so apparently they don't call everyone. (i.e. if you don't get a call don't resign your hope until the letter arrives!)

i'm rooting for you!

good luck chaldobruin and ladykae! i know exactly how you feel. my heart jumped to 2x its normal rate every time the phone rang last weekend. none of them were stanford. even though two others from SDN were called that weekend, i still got in, so apparently they don't call everyone. (i.e. if you don't get a call don't resign your hope until the letter arrives!)

i'm rooting for you!

thanks, rdz!!

you know what's weird (not that any of you really care, but if you're bored at work like me, read on): i was more nervous last thursday when i knew i wasn't going to committee than i am right now. today -- judgement day -- i've had the same amount of caffeine as last week, but am considerably less jittery. WHY? am i finally coming to terms with whatever fate is handed to me during this application cycle? i hope so because, if anything, this year has been a real test of my patience and pride. it'd be nice to see some personal growth come out of all of this agony.

:luck: :luck:

actually ladykae it makes perfect sense! i think knowing that the whole process ends with a bunch of people sitting around a table (some hungry, some ready to go home, some with their own agendas) and saying, "yeah we like her, let's let her in" gives you a sense of peace (i.e. finally knowing it's completely out of your hands and really isn't an objective judgement of me as a person).

at least that was how it was for me the day i went to committee...?

hoping for the best for you!

good luck everyone who is still waiting, hope i see you all at second look! i'm getting more excited about palo alto as those of us on the east coast wait for the biggest snowstorm of the season...

Anyone get a call tonight?

bump.. Its 7:05 PST and I didn't get a call here on the west coast.. anyone hear anything tonight? Doesn't look good for me..

bump.. Its 7:05 PST and I didn't get a call here on the west coast.. anyone hear anything tonight? Doesn't look good for me..

it's 12:23 am thursday night/friday morning east coast time. no call. DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!

i haven't lost hope entirely. but it definitely would have been nice to have a celebratory drink tonight.

it's 12:23 am thursday night/friday morning east coast time. no call. DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!

i haven't lost hope entirely. but it definitely would have been nice to have a celebratory drink tonight.

ditto, but hey at least you are on the east coast so you have hope for an acceptance packet w/o the call..I haven't talked to ANY west coasters who got the packet without the call.. *sigh*...

rejection letter came in today. good luck to y'all who are still waiting.

I left town today for spring vacation, and as of 15 minutes before my taxi pulled away, I hadn't gotten anything in the mail. I'm going to be gone for a full week. This is going to be hard :)...

I left town today for spring vacation, and as of 15 minutes before my taxi pulled away, I hadn't gotten anything in the mail. I'm going to be gone for a full week. This is going to be hard :)...

well, thesmartazz, i hope you don't read this post until you get back -- i.e. i hope you're not checking SDN this week, i.e. i hope you're fully indulging in your spring break and not worrying, at least for now. looking at your mdapps, it looks like you have lots of AMAZING options, and you deserve a vacation!

so nobody heard anything last night huh?

I'm too scared to call the admissions office and inquire... they are so rude about application status calls.

I would imagine they don't have a meeting on match day in case they have to help scramble people or they want to celebrate. Since it's Stanford I don't really foresee people having to scramble at all.

Got the call today while I was out to lunch with people from work! Good way to go into the weekend, said he will be sending the packet out next week.

Me, too :D! Hellllooo Cali ...

Got the call today while I was out to lunch with people from work! Good way to go into the weekend, said he will be sending the packet out next week.

oohhh!! congrats!!!!!!!!! that is SOOO wonderful, what a great way to start the weekend...

shoot...my stomach just dropped...

gopher, are you on the west coast or east coast? and when did you interview? congrats again!

congrats to you guys. Unfortunately it looks like I'm toast :(. There goes my dream of going to Stanford

oohhh!! congrats!!!!!!!!! that is SOOO wonderful, what a great way to start the weekend...

shoot...my stomach just dropped...

gopher, are you on the west coast or east coast? and when did you interview? congrats again!

Ugh...Minnesota?? WHY ARE WE ALWAYS FORGOTTEN IN THE MIDWEST?!?! Haha, jk.

I interviewed on Fri, Feb. 16th BTW