Stanford Interviewees: Notified Recently?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed on 2/22 and I got a call on Thursday (3/15) at 6:30pm from Dr. Garcia! I was literally checking my mailbox in the hopes that I would see something when he called. I can finally relax as I was super-late in turning in my applications and had to wait this long to hear something back. Best of luck to you all!!

Members don't see this ad.

fairly sure I just felt my heart hit the bottom of my stomach. yep, definitely did. interviewed 2/22. no calls yet...

How rude of me. Congrats UclaJT!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
How rude of me. Congrats UclaJT!!!

i went through that same mental battle about 10 minutes ago! i interviewed a week before you guys, and pretty much fell apart when i saw ucla's post (but really, congrats ucla, i can't even imagine how excited i'd be if i were in your shoes)

i thought i had it together, that i could swallow whatever was thrown my way, but this process is pure torture. hearing no over and over again from adcom's elicits emotions shockingly similar to what was felt when i broke up with my boyfriend of 4 years -- unrequited love...complete and utter rejection....

BLEH! i've resorted to junk food and chick flicks. :(

I still love you ladykae - hang in there.

I interviewed 2/16 as well, East Coast. Anything 2/19 onward probably hasn't been reviewed yet ... right? right? Good luck you guys!

I got worried and I called to see if I'd forgotten to fill out something, and she told me I was up for review Thursday (3/15). No call yet... but I do live 2 time zones off from Cali. There's just no telling! I really don't like waiting in limbo...

I got worried and I called to see if I'd forgotten to fill out something, and she told me I was up for review Thursday (3/15). No call yet... but I do live 2 time zones off from Cali. There's just no telling! I really don't like waiting in limbo...

when did you interview?

so if people who interviewed on 2/22 heard last week, if i interviewed on 3/2, what are the chances that i'll be reviewed in this week's adcom meeting?? i guess it'll either be this week or next...

hey chaldobruin, presquevu, and others who were reviewed on 3/15 and weren't called...

any news?? anything in the mail? i'm on the east coast, no phone call, no letters as of today...

:luck: :luck: :luck:

Hey Dance123, I interviewed right around when you did and was told that for your date you would be reviewed on 3-22.

ladykae,

i understand the excruciating nature of waiting- i didn't get a call the weekend i was reviewed and the waiting for an envelope/call made me feel nauseated. but please remember it's not over until you receive the official news. people have gotten accepted without calls. if you live on the east coast, and you were reviewed last week, you should get something wednesday-ish. keep your head up ladykae!

:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
ladykae,

i understand the excruciating nature of waiting- i didn't get a call the weekend i was reviewed and the waiting for an envelope/call made me feel nauseated. but please remember it's not over until you receive the official news. people have gotten accepted without calls. if you live on the east coast, and you were reviewed last week, you should get something wednesday-ish. keep your head up ladykae!

:luck:

thanks, rdz! trying to keep the hope alive!!!

if i don't get it, i'm trying out for american idol...

thanks, rdz! trying to keep the hope alive!!!

if i don't get it, i'm trying out for american idol...

nothing yet.. I'll post on here as soon as I get the mail. I expect it tomorrow maybe (since I'm on the west coast). I've already mentally prepared myself for rejection/waitlist though.

Interview on 2/26... and no word yet. :(

interviewed 2/27... nothing yet...

I interviewed a week before farikanok and chrsjav, and nothing yet. From following this thread, I think I should have been reviewed last Thursday, and there's gonna be something in the mail the next couple of days, hopefully. I'm on the East Coast and didn't receive a call. Good luck to all of you.

I interviewed a week before farikanok and chrsjav, and nothing yet. From following this thread, I think I should have been reviewed last Thursday, and there's gonna be something in the mail the next couple of days, hopefully. I'm on the East Coast and didn't receive a call. Good luck to all of you.

yesterday in the palo alto area, it was an enjoyable 66 degrees -- not too hot, not too cold -- one might even say, perfect?

yesterday in the northeast, it SNOWED. AGAIN.

STANFORD, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ACCEPT US!!!!

I THINK I just got a phone call but I missed it... I tried calling back. It's from a 650 number, which is the area code for Palo Alto, and I don't know anyone from there... I think I might've just missed The Phone Call! (But then again, it's also my birthday today, and it could be anything). Could any accepted person PM me and let me know what phone number you got the call from? Thanks!

I THINK I just got a phone call but I missed it... I tried calling back. It's from a 650 number, which is the area code for Palo Alto, and I don't know anyone from there... I think I might've just missed The Phone Call! (But then again, it's also my birthday today, and it could be anything). Could any accepted person PM me and let me know what phone number you got the call from? Thanks!

i don't have any helpful information to offer, so i apologize. but did you figure anything out?

i hope that call really was a SPECIAL birthday message from stanford! :luck:
(today's my dad's birthday too: any chance stanford wants to give HIM a special bday surprise by relieving his daughter of endless torture and anxiety?)

i thought their admissions meetings were on thursdays? that's great if you got a call though! i want one too!!!:D

Good luck presquevu. I called and was told that I should find out "very soon."

anyone else nervous? post asap when you hear anything!! i guess east coasters may have to wait til tomorrow...

anyone else nervous? post asap when you hear anything!! i guess east coasters may have to wait til tomorrow...

has anyone that was reviewed at last week's committee meeting received anything in the mail this week?

Today is the moment of truth. Hopefully the committee has a good surf this morning and decides favorably for all of us.

interviewed 1/26. Waitlisted today. Does anyone know how many people get off the waitlist each year?

has anyone that was reviewed at last week's committee meeting received anything in the mail this week?

I was called last Friday with my acceptance and got my acceptance packet in the mail today....for some reason the mail came to my house super early this morning, it was in the box before I went to work at 8:30..? Usually it doesn't come until noon, anyways, that's what I've got for ya. O and because I know you're going to ask, I live in Minnesota.

I interviewed 2/14, should have went to committee last week.. didn't get a call or anything.. no letter yet, including today. Have I been reviewed for God's sake?? this wait is TORTURE

actually, I just called Cassandra.. she said I'm going to committee tonight.. *gulp*

btw, she seemed kind of annoyed that I called

I interviewed the same week but before you, and haven't received anything yet. That's really strange that Cassandra said you're going for review tonight, cuz I think there was someone on this thread that got a decision and had interviewed the week after us....Well, I'm hoping for the best, either something in the mail tomorrow or a good review tonight. And btw, did anyone on the East Coast get a call when accepted?

I got the call from Dr. Garcia tonight!

Interviewed 2/22. Good luck to everyone waiting! Hang in there. Someone from 2/22 heard last week, and I guess not everyone who is accepted gets called, so just because I heard tonight doesn't mean anything. Wait til you get the final word!! Good luck!

Congrats!! Here's hoping that the rest of us waiting hear good news soon too. Good luck everyone!:luck:

I too interviewed 2/22, I still hope I get some good news in the mail next week in MA-no phone call, but I'm hoping that is because it's too late on the east coast! Stanford would be awesome!

False alarm. It was a sick trick of fate, a friend called from a land line that got free long distance from AT&T that apparently rerouted them through PALO ALTO.

I got the wait-list letter yesterday. Anybody know how many they accept off the waitlist?

Ok, I interviewed on 1/9, and I still haven't heard anything even though the admissions office told me 3 weeks ago that a decision would be made in less than a week... I guess I'll email them again tomorrow if nothing comes...

i heard that ~1/3 of the students come off the waitlist.. quite a few, i guess.

has anyone who interviewed from the week of 2/26 heard back yet? also, do they call all accepted interviewees in the west coast? are there cases of ppl getting accepted without a ph call and live in the west coast?

just got a waitlist letter; sent 3/19; disappointing, but still more decisions to receive from elsewhere; good luck to the rest of you!

congrats on the waitlist! it's definitely better than a rejection. i haven't heard anything (interviewed 3/2) and wonder if maybe i'll be in next week's committee meeting...good luck to everyone, this waiting is so hard!

I got waitlisted back in February (interviewed in November). Does anyone know when Stanford starts to accept students off the wait list? By the way... I think that the worst part of the med school admissions process is the waiting...

Ok, I interviewed on 1/9, and I still haven't heard anything even though the admissions office told me 3 weeks ago that a decision would be made in less than a week... I guess I'll email them again tomorrow if nothing comes...

wow, thesmartazz, i am THOROUGHLY impressed with your patience. it's been 5 weeks for me (interviewed week of feb 12), and my head is nearing the point of explosion. when you contacted them, did they give you any explanation as to why it's taken them so long? did an interviewer take a while to submit his review? whatever the case, good luck, you deserve something great after all this waiting!

wow, thesmartazz, i am THOROUGHLY impressed with your patience. it's been 5 weeks for me (interviewed week of feb 12), and my head is nearing the point of explosion. when you contacted them, did they give you any explanation as to why it's taken them so long? did an interviewer take a while to submit his review? whatever the case, good luck, you deserve something great after all this waiting!

Nope... There was no indication of why it was taking so long. I offered to send in additional materials for them to consider my app, but that was just kind of ignored in the reply. Intuition tells me that my 2nd interviewer (who only talked to me for 15 minutes after being 2 hours late to the interview) may be the reason why there's such a holdup. Honestly, I was dying a couple of weeks ago, but news from other schools has sustained me through all of this. That said, I still REALLY WANT TO KNOW. Argh! :laugh:

Nope... There was no indication of why it was taking so long. I offered to send in additional materials for them to consider my app, but that was just kind of ignored in the reply. Intuition tells me that my 2nd interviewer (who only talked to me for 15 minutes after being 2 hours late to the interview) may be the reason why there's such a holdup. Honestly, I was dying a couple of weeks ago, but news from other schools has sustained me through all of this. That said, I still REALLY WANT TO KNOW. Argh! :laugh:

:eek: ?! 15 min interview after being 2hrs late?? That's terrible.. was it the student or faculty interviewer? My interviewers were both late too... but not 2 hrs! anyway, good luck! they really shouldn't get annoyed with you if u call them about it b/c it seems really unreasonable..

i heard that ~1/3 of the students come off the waitlist.. quite a few, i guess.

has anyone who interviewed from the week of 2/26 heard back yet? also, do they call all accepted interviewees in the west coast? are there cases of ppl getting accepted without a ph call and live in the west coast?

i interviewed on 2/27... nothing yet... (i'm in TN)

past stanford interviewees, help!

what does the "curriculum overview" section entail on interview day (with chavez)? Is it important? I had my interview a month or so ago

I missed the session because my interviewer was like 20 min away and I wanted to make sure I get there on time (even though I had an hour). I figured theres no point in going back to the office, being there for like 20 min and interrupting as I left.

its prob too late anyway (im prob being paranoid) but I thought Id check

past stanford interviewees, help!

what does the "curriculum overview" section entail on interview day (with chavez)? Is it important? I had my interview a month or so ago

I missed the session because my interviewer was like 20 min away and I wanted to make sure I get there on time (even though I had an hour). I figured theres no point in going back to the office, being there for like 20 min and interrupting as I left.

its prob too late anyway (im prob being paranoid) but I thought Id check

It's the same sort of thing you find on the website - scholarly concentration summary, curriculum block summary, etc. I think they're just trying to inform interviewees of their new-ish curriculum because they just did a major overhaul on it. Don't worry - if you read the website about the curriculum, you didn't miss that much.

Any news from Stanford? Anyone get a call or a letter recently? This wait is killing me.... And do any of you know when the second look weekend is? I'm wondering whether they've already run out of acceptances.

Any news from Stanford? Anyone get a call or a letter recently? This wait is killing me.... And do any of you know when the second look weekend is? I'm wondering whether they've already run out of acceptances.

I think the last weekend of April for second look.

Nothing for me.. no call or letter yet. Interviewed on 2/14, got reviewed 3/22 (according to Cassandra).. I'm expecting a waitlist/reject letter on Wed or Thurs maybe. I'm already mentally convinced that I'm not getting in.. ah well, at least I have other acceptances. I'll post on here as soon as I get the letter.

got the call today at 12:58pm central time. in TN here. interviewed on 2/27 and i guess i went under review last week. nothing in the mail yet. Dean Garcia said second look will be the last weekend of april.

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL! :)