Stanford rejection already ?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Originally posted by Blitzkrieg

out of this world

Strong words! Mind sharing?

Members don't see this ad.

you know, cure for aids, colonisation of mars, and perfection of nuclear fusion..the typical premed stuff. Combined with a 45 MCAT and 4.0, do you think I have a shot at my state school? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe they rejected you men because you're so obsessed about why you would be rejected.
Women have the same % acceptance RATE overall (if you check the MSAR) and that's why most schools have slightly (V. Slight) higher % men.
Anyway, I got a secondary from Stanford and I'm sure glad some of you men didn't!

Originally posted by smid
Maybe they rejected you men because you're so obsessed about why you would be rejected.
Women have the same % acceptance RATE overall (if you check the MSAR) and that's why most schools have slightly (V. Slight) higher % men.
Anyway, I got a secondary from Stanford and I'm sure glad some of you men didn't!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Well, got my rejection letter from Stanford today. I was sort of concerned why I had not received it yet, but I opened the beautiful white envelope with the blooody..piece of sh#@ name, and the letter inside kindly informed me that they have no place for me.

+pissed+

Originally posted by bruinmojo
Well, got my rejection letter from Stanford today. I was sort of concerned why I had not received it yet, but I opened the beautiful white envelope with the blooody..piece of sh#@ name, and the letter inside kindly informed me that they have no place for me.

+pissed+

hmmm must be cuz you're a guy! :confused:

+pissed+

Hang in there, bruin. Stanfold is gonna regret missing out on all the mojo you would've offerred them...

yep. Now what will all the ladies do there with no real mojo around them? They're gonna be so bored.

I just got a secondary from UCSD atleast. Are they screening this year? or is everyone just not screening anymore.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahh, that's good news then. God I'm very slow with these secondaries though. They 're just piling up, and i've only sent out two of them, and that's because their secondaries were the easiest ones (Cornell and UPenn)

P.S. good luck to ya jot
and Street Philosopher, who are you? I was thinking of who was in the tennis team, and I can't think of anyone who was pre med at that time (at least the year I was playing). does your name start with "Bo" ?

um, i was a bit testy i suppose in my male bashing. it's just that I'm so sick of hearing men whine about how unfair their lives are. Coming from a physics background (all men) and switching to something with tons of women (medicine) I thought things might be different, though I really could care less. I guess it just seems immature. Everyone gets rejected at some point, and who cares. Stanford is not all that and there are 100 other schools to go to. At least they have the decency to save you the $75 dollars and your time.

apology accepted????:confused:

Ahh, that's good news then. God I'm very slow with these secondaries though. They 're just piling up, and i've only sent out two of them, and that's because their secondaries were the easiest ones (Cornell and UPenn)

P.S. good luck to ya jot
and Street Philosopher, who are you? I was thinking of who was in the tennis team, and I can't think of anyone who was pre med at that time (at least the year I was playing). does your name start with "Bo" ?

No I'm not Bo*** ****mon. hehehe

hmm,

just pm me who the freak ya are =p .

ain't no S, only a Z

damn

British spelling pwns u

OK...

I don't have a clue as to what was just going on in this thread, but I think we can all agree that Stanford is evil and bad and a symbol of everything that it wrong with this World...

I got my post-secondary rejection last week. Out of curiousity, I took a look at their class profile, and it seems that every school they have listed on it is top 30, at least. Also, a friend of mine tells me that they seem to go for grad students.

I really am curious to see what kind of people they accept...if anyone gets an interview from them, do let us know.

my friend got a secondary to Stanford. he's asian. specifically indian. on the mcat he had a 9 on verbal and overall 34. Also, just regular ECs. nothing phenomenal. So, marq I don't know what happened to you? Should check it out man?
oh yeah, he went to UC Davis ("no name school" in my opinion)
Also, last year a girl from UCD got into Harvard with a 25 MCAT and 3.5. GPA. She was a URM. Another with similar stats got into Stanford.

Interesting process!!!!!

Originally posted by crazyA
OK...

I don't have a clue as to what was just going on in this thread, but I think we can all agree that Stanford is evil and bad and a symbol of everything that it wrong with this World...

I got my post-secondary rejection last week. Out of curiousity, I took a look at their class profile, and it seems that every school they have listed on it is top 30, at least. Also, a friend of mine tells me that they seem to go for grad students.

I really am curious to see what kind of people they accept...if anyone gets an interview from them, do let us know.

when did you submit your 2ndary? When was you file complete? What are your stats/EC's/personal statement like?

Of course, if you dont want to answer any of the above, that's cool...those others who have completed the stanford 2ndary would like some feedback, though, positive or negative...now I'm waiting on them..

xaelia --

Sorry about the Stanford rejection.

I noticed before that our stats and profile seem to be very close.

I guess that I should start watching my mailbox for a thin enevelope with the bloody red logo in the corner containing a rejeection.

Best of luck on your remaining schools.

Hey Folks,
I have a question. I've been logging into the "Check Apps" at Stanford's website, but there's nothing there, just
Date Supplementary Application Received:

Fee Received:

I see my name at the top, but I have neither received a secondary nor a rejection. Does this just mean that they haven't decided yet? Or is something wrong with my apps?

BananaSplit ^_^

I don't know. I'm still getting the "we have no application on file" message, or whatever it says when it doesn't recognize your name and info--and they've had my application for two months now.

Should I call them now, or wait till after MCAT scores are back and see if it changes?

bananasplit,
that's what i have when i log in. i'm an august mcater.

samoa,
i think you should give them a call to make sure your app is there.

Stanford has definitely started giving out interviews as of this week, just in case anyone's wondering.

-RA

Originally posted by Harps
my friend got a secondary to Stanford. he's asian. specifically indian. on the mcat he had a 9 on verbal and overall 34. Also, just regular ECs. nothing phenomenal.

Doesn't Stanford consider verbal scores more highly than most schools? At least according to the document in that thread about Stanford admissions, they do...

-RA

stanford has starting given interviews???

who has gotten a stanford interview? and what date was your application complete?

Originally posted by VirtuoJ
stanford has starting given interviews???

who has gotten a stanford interview? and what date was your application complete?

I can see the response now:

"Can you list your stats/ECs???"

:D :D :D

-RA

hey random access,

what date was your stanford app complete? i dont really care about your stats/ecs, just the date.

Originally posted by VirtuoJ
hey random access,

what date was your stanford app complete? i dont really care about your stats/ecs, just the date.

Well it's not me...so I'm not completely sure, but definitely soon after the earliest date they were sending out secondaries.

-RA

Originally posted by Random Access
Well it's not me...so I'm not completely sure, but definitely soon after the earliest date they were sending out secondaries.

-RA

To be more specific, around the first week of Aug...like the 7th-ish?

-RA

I got my stanford rejection a few weeks ago. Was a little dissapointing since that was my first rejection. Got one from mayo also. These schools don't know what they are missing out on!!!

sorry bout that. i'm sure all of us will get a few rejections. w/o the bitter the sweet ain't as sweet.

congrats friend of random!

I received my Stanford rejection letter in the mail today. I got rejected post-secondary, pre-interview. I have stats that are above the mean for Stanford too (3.93 GPA, 4.0 Science, 38N MCAT) and good EC's. Do you think that my MCAT essay score got me cut? Any ideas?

Could be that and/or your essays, EC's, LOR's or any number of things. It is really fruitless to speculate. There are not enough spaces for all the qualified applicants, so inevitably some will be disappointed. Just realize that the whole process is somewhat of a crap shoot, and don't take it personally. If the rest of your app is strong, you are sure to get lots of interviews with those stats. Good luck with the rest of your apps! :)

Oh, and btw, welcome to SDN!! :D

hey mgoblue - stanf seems to go for something very specific which i have no idea aobut - you will undoubtedly be hearing from other great schools - goodluck.

welcome to SDN

stanf def is one of the schools that have a less than predictable admissions criteria. did you do research?

Yeah, did research and got a publication out of it. Volunteered, taught a course, and played club sports too... so I'm kind of lost.

from the admittedly very small sample of people i know who applied to stanford, it seems that they really like people with tons of leadership experience and tend to favor older applicants/applicants who are really unique in some way.

That would be cool!! :)

Hey add me to the Stanford rejection list (also the mayo rejection list...2 thin envelopes in 1 day yuck).

38O mcat, 4.0 gpa

oh well such is life...

Congrats and best of luck to those who got interviews.

hey guys,

just wanted to tell y'all to not get discouraged by early rejections...! especially from stanford, their med school class is TINY so they probably use stringent guidelines to screen...

i was rejected by stanford about 2 weeks after i sent in my check with the secondary application. i was pissed, but considered it a donation to stanford so that one day it can try to catch up with UCSF...! :cool:

best of luck!

swaroop

Stanford's been my only rejection so far, but since I've been pretty slow with secondaries, that probably means nothing.

3.93 science GPA, 41Q, top 50 school, mediocre ec's. though i have taken a year off for research with a pretty well-known GI doc

I asked this before, and I will again. I'm dying of curiousity here, will the people who DID get interviews please share info with the rest of us...what I'm chiefly interested in is what schools you guys went to for undergrad

good luck to everyone else applying to stanford

Originally posted by MGoBlue13
Yeah, did research and got a publication out of it. Volunteered, taught a course, and played club sports too... so I'm kind of lost.

3.93 science GPA, 41Q, top 50 school, mediocre ec's. though i have taken a year off for research with a pretty well-known GI doc

This is the answer, guys, EC's have to be as stellar, if not more so, as the stats for the top 10 schools.