Star WWars III Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lynch Teep

I don't want to lynch either of the puppies who were killed early in the noob game, I don't like the LIS lynch or the Jabba bounty. BBC has said enough to satisfy me for now anyway, and Dy hasn't said anything that makes me suspect her. Hence a new name on the table. Plus I normally suspect him in a day or 2 anyway, so we'll just start early.
 
Is there still time?

I don't think LIS is being wolfy. He's legitimately trying to game solve. I just personally think it's a chaos thing and don't feel comfortable trying it unless the person is someone we feel is wolfy anyways. I don't think BBC is wolfy at this point, I think she's just unfamiliar with SW.

And if people are being blocked by a wookie, there are definitely at least 2 kinds of blocking. The block I experienced last night seemed to village in nature.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does lynch close now? I'm sorry, I was completely swamped in the hospital in the afternoon and night.

Lynch ally just feels.
 
Is there still time?

I don't think LIS is being wolfy. He's legitimately trying to game solve. I just personally think it's a chaos thing and don't feel comfortable trying it unless the person is someone we feel is wolfy anyways. I don't think BBC is wolfy at this point, I think she's just unfamiliar with SW.

And if people are being blocked by a wookie, there are definitely at least 2 kinds of blocking. The block I experienced last night seemed to village in nature.

I know one is an item, but I had it last night and was blocked so I couldn't use it. Was it villagery?
 
ok so I know LIS' role and I don't think he's a wolf or chaos. And yes, he's proven it to me.

Okay, I'll bite for now, but it's weird to me that you have talked so early in the game, gotten his role, and already trust him. Unlynch LIS
 
Oftentimes there are both village and wolf blockers. It sounds like the Wookiee blocker will be our wolf blocker. The other block could then be our village blocker. I'm not sure we need to be outing the specific language of the blocks right now as that could potentially out our village blocker or make it easier for a wolf to later fake being blocked.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I do when I'm at work, where I have enough screen space to both read the thread and work my spreadsheet. Weekends I'm stuck with my phone, which is a pain in the spreadsheet.
I always work from my phone. When I make the spreadsheet, I write it on my tablet or all out by hand, but using my phone as the source. It is a pain.

We don't have anything but mobile Internet where we currently live and the connection can be a bit sucky, but I make it work. (Yet another reason I can't wait to move)

Work is a bit touchy lately, and I don't know if I will get to check in as often as normal yet. We'll find out tomorrow.
 
Okay, D1 lynch had:
BBC (4)- dy, , vmh, krabs, LotF
WZ (4)- LIS, , KC, cdo, coop

Most recent tally had:
BBC 5 (dy, LIS, coopah, cyndia, mmdream) plus KC who got missed

So the overlap there, excluding LIS, are KC and coop. I'm thinking one of those might be either Jabba or a wolf looking for an easy bandwagon to hide in.

KC has been lying low (which might be normal for her?), Coop posted some villager code in discussing BBC, so I'm going to

****** Lynch KC *******
 
Sorry, missed something: what about the block is making Coopah get unlynched? Wolves and villagers alike can get blocked, depending on who the blocker is. Wait, just remembered something.

Unlynch Coopah

Dy, if anyone had done anything to me you'd have the info you want. I can't give you that since no one did anything, so I'm giving answers to your suspicions. If i don't get lynched I hope people throw actions at me tonight so you can all just believe me already
 
Sorry, missed something: what about the block is making Coopah get unlynched? Wolves and villagers alike can get blocked, depending on who the blocker is. Wait, just remembered something.

Unlynch Coopah

Dy, if anyone had done anything to me you'd have the info you want. I can't give you that since no one did anything, so I'm giving answers to your suspicions. If i don't get lynched I hope people throw actions at me tonight so you can all just believe me already
Coopah was blocked by a wookie, likely Chewbacca who is Han Solo's beloved side kick and most definitely a prominent part of the Rebel Alliance - aka wolf.
 
I would doubt that 2 wolves came from the same planet, but that would be an easy backup. Have one wolf vouch for another wolf.
Usually wolves are RNG'd, so no reason to assume they'd be spread evenly. But good wolves wouldn't vouch for each other like that, I don't think.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Current Tally
BBC 6
(dy, LIS, coopah, cyndia, mmdream, kcoughli)
cyndia ()
LIS 1 (ski)
Dy 1 (gwen)
Coopah ()
cdo 3 (pippy, WZ, smh)
gwen 1 (Caia)
ally 1 (Snowshoe)
karabiner 1 (PBC)
Keep 1 (LotF)
kcoughli 1 (ally)
Not voting 11 (@Jilary, @Filly Bay @Teepster87, @SARdoghandler, @Karabiner13, @genny, @hazelmoo, @cdoconn, @awesomenessity, @guisantes)

~35min left
 
Wolves rarely vouch for one another, especially veterans, and it would be insanely stupid especially this early in the game

I agree, also Dy doesn't usually throw around vouches so I'm inclined to believe her.

I would doubt that 2 wolves came from the same planet, but that would be an easy backup. Have one wolf vouch for another wolf.

If it's RNG'ed it is totally possible to have 2 wolves in one planet (had that happen in one of my previous games). But yeah, like hazel said it would be idiotic for 2 wolves to vouch for each other this early on, unless one of them is unseerable - but it's still idiotic in that scenario because if the seerable one got caught out, the other would probably get lynched anyways.
 
I agree, but they're both good players and the #1 rule of WW is to trust no one so it just surprises me! 😛
I mean if someone has a role and they can prove it to another, it's okay to presume that the role is accurate and move them lower on your suspicion list.

The problem here is whether or not you trust dy (which apparently the people who thought LIS was sketchy do not think dy is sketchy). A villager LIS could have proven his role to village dy, a village LIS could have proven his role to wolf dy who loses nothing by vouching for him, or a wolf LIS could have asked wolf dy to back him up (which is a risky ploy that I doubt dy would pull but must be considered).

All things considered though, the bounty hunter vote is kind of a nice easy lazy early game lynch that might actual benefit the village if the reward is something useful to us (like a seering item or something of that nature). Since so many people thought BBC was sketchy yesterday, I'm actually surprised this vote didn't just hit majority earlier. This is a Zen game (whatever that means, has she made a game before?), not an STL game, so I feel like it will be more straightforward than the last game as far as the reward being actually something that will benefit us.
 
I would doubt that 2 wolves came from the same planet, but that would be an easy backup. Have one wolf vouch for another wolf.

Does anyone have any obvious evidence that would support Dy not being sketchy? I haven't had a chance to make a spreadsheet but looking through her posts on this thread so far there doesn't seem to be a lot of information one way or the other. Commentary has been rather benign haha.

Just read that wolves don't often support one another like that, but I guess my comment still stands so I'll post it anyway 😛
 
Lynch KC

Reminding myself to vote for cdoconn tomorrow. Could just be nooby but I'm getting feels
 
This is a Zen game (whatever that means, has she made a game before?), not an STL game, so I feel like it will be more straightforward than the last game as far as the reward being actually something that will benefit us.

Didn't STL need to be replaced due to having seen the game spreadsheet? If he had a hand in it, even as a mentor, Zen might be inclined towards twistiness.
 
Can someone explain why kcoughli? I just went through her posts, and while they're few, I don't see anything wolfy from them
Post 421 was my explanation. Then a couple people hopped on, but I can't speak to their reasons.
 
Can someone explain why kcoughli? I just went through her posts, and while they're few, I don't see anything wolfy from them
I think its because I'm being lazy and running with LIS' "break some eggs" theory about the bounty hunter thing. Kind of a low blow considering I just typed out up there why I'm doing it (which make sense, at least to me) and haven't heard any other reasons given.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
KC has been lying low (which might be normal for her?), Coop posted some villager code in discussing BBC, so I'm going to

****** Lynch KC *******
Not really trying to lay low, just don't typically have a lot of insight early game. Plus being busy, but that's a lame excuse. I have at least been keeping up 🙂

Ally's thoughts on Kcough are interesting. I could vote there if anyone else jumped on, but I'm holding my vote for self defence ATM.
I'm just curious why these thoughts are so interesting? It's literally "she voted the same way as LIS and Coop two days in a row guys!"

Lynch KC
Reminding myself to vote for cdoconn tomorrow. Could just be nooby but I'm getting feels
No reasons given. Cool. Hard to defend. Why vote for someone for no reason and then remind yourself to vote for someone else you actually have feels for? Giving me the feels...

Didn't STL need to be replaced due to having seen the game spreadsheet? If he had a hand in it, even as a mentor, Zen might be inclined towards twistiness.
I completely forgot this. I guess based on some stuff with my role and discussing with Zen it feels like a more straightforward type game but I guess you may have a point there.