You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Star WWars III Game Thread
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Was hoping to write my thesis proposal tonight. Thanks WW haha.
I have a Path test tomorrow I haven't studied for at all... so I feel ya haha
I have a Path test tomorrow I haven't studied for at all... so I feel ya haha
Cramming for a test tomorrow too (parasitology).. I've found my activity level on SDN is inversely correlated with the length of time remaining before a test 😳
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As long as I stay out of the Drunk thread this week at night, and write this proposal instead of hosting movie nights, I might be okay.I have a Path test tomorrow I haven't studied for at all... so I feel ya haha
I mean, I wont really be too present for movie nights because of my dead-of-night volunteering this week, so whats the point of having movie nights anyway???????? its obviously all about me.As long as I stay out of the Drunk thread this week at night, and write this proposal instead of hosting movie nights, I might be okay.
Apparently. Alert everyone that movie night is cancelled next week.I mean, I wont really be too present for movie nights because of my dead-of-night volunteering this week, so whats the point of having movie nights anyway???????? its obviously all about me.
I liked ally's reasoning, which were more valid than just feels for cdoconn.No reasons given. Cool. Hard to defend. Why vote for someone for no reason and then remind yourself to vote for someone else you actually have feels for? Giving me the feels...
That wasn't what you said surprised you. You indicated that it was weird we had talked at all.
Can I not be surprised by 2 things?? #1) it's weird to me that you are vouching for him so early in a game where trusting people is dangerous and #2) I recall from previous games that you don't like PMing with others during games. Or maybe that was DVMD... Either way, I'm still surprised.
@hazelmoo you gon get in trouble
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Gonna call out @Bottle of Bear for clearly following the game and liking posts, but not playing 😛
And also, @hazelmoo, not supposed to strategize between lynch close and the writeup being posted.
And also, @hazelmoo, not supposed to strategize between lynch close and the writeup being posted.
Last edited:
Not sure if we're supposed to be posting strategy between close and write up but GUYS stop posting because every time I get an alert I think it's results! We haven't had a legit tie in WW in ages it feels like...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sure you are. but it's also difficult for me to read your mind.Can I not be surprised by 2 things?? #1) it's weird to me that you are vouching for him so early in a game where trusting people is dangerous and #2) I recall from previous games that you don't like PMing with others during games. Or maybe that was DVMD... Either way, I'm still surprised.
*shrug*
Dyachei I just want to say, I've always admired your avatar. It's so awesome.
I was just thinking the same thing! Coolest cat ever
One of my friends at mafia universe made it for meDyachei I just want to say, I've always admired your avatar. It's so awesome.
Today's discussion was far more spirited than yesterday. Accusations were hurled, actions discussed, and roles described. Eventually two candidates arose from the chaos. BBC and cdo faced off against each other and traded accusations. The crowd around them was equally divided. Both presented compelling arguments - how could they persuade the other side to agree with them?
A unknown Toydarian hovered forward and presented a solution. "Perhaps this could be settled by a game of chance? Red for BBC, blue for cdo. Shall I give it a toss?"
Everyone else agreed that this seemed fair. The Toydarian took one die, shook it, and tossed it out on the floor. It bounced once, twice... and came up red.
The group voting to lynch BBC cheered. This was their chance! They dragged BBC to Jabba's palace to claim the bounty. A guard met the party at the gates and led them into the inner chamber for an audience with Jabba.
Bib Fortuna stepped forward to speak for his master. "Yes, this is the one my master was seeking. Thank you for bringing her. Now, whom should receive the reward..."
Jabba off-handedly pointed to one of BBC's accusers while watching some of the dancers. Well, possibly pointed. His hand was definitely in the direction of one of them slightly longer than the others. Maybe it was directed, or maybe it was random. Either way, it was good enough for Fortuna.
"Here, this is your reward. Now, his Excellency Jabba has requested that she be thrown into the Rancor pit. If I may take her chains... wait, where did she go?"
The music halted, as did the dancers. Jabba stopped eating and turned his head towards Fortuna.
"Choy?" he growled.
Fortuna started trembling. "Your bounty seems to have... dissapeared, Excellency. I will start a sea-"
"Kepunna! Koochoo!" Jabba interrupted with spittle flying from his mouth. He motioned his guards towards his majordomo. Fortuna might have have tried talking Jabba down, but no one stayed long enough to find out. BBC's accusers ran out of Jabba's palace, bounty in hand, to avoid his rage at his lost bounty.
No one has died. Night deadline 8amET. 27 players remain
Roster
Tatooine
1. @SnowshoeDog143
2. @Coopah
3. @Gwenevre
4. @guisantes
5. @awesomenessity
6. @Caia
Hoth
7. @Jilary
9. @kcoughli
10. @PippyPony
11. @LetItSnow
12. @dyachei
13. @SkiOtter
Cloud City
14. @Filly Bay
15. @hazelmoo
16. @cdoconn
17. @WildZoo
18. @BeautifulBritishColumbia
Endor Moon
8. @Teepster87
20. @Karabiner13
21. @mmmdreamerz
23. @allyphoe
24. @SARdoghandler
Death Star mk 1
25. @vetmedhead
27. @genny
28. @PrincessButterCup
29. @LadyOtheFarm
30. @Cyndia
Dead
26. nyanko - Imperial Guard, villager, continuously protected Emperor while alive.
22. Ceke2002 - Owen Lars, villager, no powers
19. raf2769 - Tusken Raider, villager, 1x assassin
A unknown Toydarian hovered forward and presented a solution. "Perhaps this could be settled by a game of chance? Red for BBC, blue for cdo. Shall I give it a toss?"
Everyone else agreed that this seemed fair. The Toydarian took one die, shook it, and tossed it out on the floor. It bounced once, twice... and came up red.
The group voting to lynch BBC cheered. This was their chance! They dragged BBC to Jabba's palace to claim the bounty. A guard met the party at the gates and led them into the inner chamber for an audience with Jabba.
Bib Fortuna stepped forward to speak for his master. "Yes, this is the one my master was seeking. Thank you for bringing her. Now, whom should receive the reward..."
Jabba off-handedly pointed to one of BBC's accusers while watching some of the dancers. Well, possibly pointed. His hand was definitely in the direction of one of them slightly longer than the others. Maybe it was directed, or maybe it was random. Either way, it was good enough for Fortuna.
"Here, this is your reward. Now, his Excellency Jabba has requested that she be thrown into the Rancor pit. If I may take her chains... wait, where did she go?"
The music halted, as did the dancers. Jabba stopped eating and turned his head towards Fortuna.
"Choy?" he growled.
Fortuna started trembling. "Your bounty seems to have... dissapeared, Excellency. I will start a sea-"
"Kepunna! Koochoo!" Jabba interrupted with spittle flying from his mouth. He motioned his guards towards his majordomo. Fortuna might have have tried talking Jabba down, but no one stayed long enough to find out. BBC's accusers ran out of Jabba's palace, bounty in hand, to avoid his rage at his lost bounty.
No one has died. Night deadline 8amET. 27 players remain
Roster
Tatooine
1. @SnowshoeDog143
2. @Coopah
3. @Gwenevre
4. @guisantes
5. @awesomenessity
6. @Caia
Hoth
7. @Jilary
9. @kcoughli
10. @PippyPony
11. @LetItSnow
12. @dyachei
13. @SkiOtter
Cloud City
14. @Filly Bay
15. @hazelmoo
16. @cdoconn
17. @WildZoo
18. @BeautifulBritishColumbia
Endor Moon
8. @Teepster87
20. @Karabiner13
21. @mmmdreamerz
23. @allyphoe
24. @SARdoghandler
Death Star mk 1
25. @vetmedhead
27. @genny
28. @PrincessButterCup
29. @LadyOtheFarm
30. @Cyndia
Dead
26. nyanko - Imperial Guard, villager, continuously protected Emperor while alive.
22. Ceke2002 - Owen Lars, villager, no powers
19. raf2769 - Tusken Raider, villager, 1x assassin
Well that certainly is nothing but villagery
Uhhh... BBC, I think we need an explanation.
@BeautifulBritishColumbia
I'm going to throw out a vote to *****lynch gwen*****
since I sent her a PM approaching 36 hrs ago that she hasn't replied to and I'm not crazy about what I've seen so far.
DVMD and myself, actually.Can I not be surprised by 2 things?? #1) it's weird to me that you are vouching for him so early in a game where trusting people is dangerous and #2) I recall from previous games that you don't like PMing with others during games. Or maybe that was DVMD... Either way, I'm still surprised.
Hmm, so does this sound like BBC had a lynch avoidance?
I would say yes, but would like to hear her explanation before positing too many theories about it.Hmm, so does this sound like BBC had a lynch avoidance?
....so who got the bounty and what was it
This should probably be answered tomorrow, if it's something that can be used tonight.....so who got the bounty and what was it
I didn't get anything other than an anxiety/asthma attack IRL.....so who got the bounty and what was it
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
....so who got the bounty and what was it
This should probably be answered tomorrow, if it's something that can be used tonight.
I agree, who did or did not get the bounty should not be discussed tonight in case it was an item that person can use tonight.I didn't get anything other than an anxiety/asthma attack IRL.
Did someone even get to the keep the bounty if BBC got away?
From the write-up, it sounded like we did. At least, someone from among the BBC voters did, so not the me-we.Did someone even get to the keep the bounty if BBC got away?
I would think so FBDid someone even get to the keep the bounty if BBC got away?
BBC's accusers ran out of Jabba's palace, bounty in hand, to avoid his rage at his lost bounty.
The write up makes it seem like yesDid someone even get to the keep the bounty if BBC got away?
Um.... I don't think I should have survived that. Messaging Zen to clarify something, and then I'll post everything I've done/everything I know.
Edited for spelling.
Edited for spelling.
Last edited:
Because Raf's character/affiliation isn't the first weirdly matched role I'm aware of. I think it's possible that affiliation is randomly assigned here.
No way. Go back and read the intro to the game. I felt like it made it clear that affiliation was NOT randomly assigned.
Lynch LIS.
Some of his comments rubbed me the wrong way yesterday and it's weird to me that he's so insistent on killing the person who Jabba put a bounty on. It seems like an easy way to get a villager killed without being help responsible for it. Idk, could be wrong but he'd be a sneaky wolf if he was one.
Yes, because as a wolf I would be that brash. Give me a break. You know better, which makes your vote sketchier than all get out.
Just chiming in to say that I'm uncomfortable with lynching someone just to test a mechanic - it seems too ruthless to me. Though, I don't know if I'm to the level where I would vote to lynch LIS for suggesting it either. Basically, I'm ALL kinds of confused :-/
Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile
WW <is> ruthless. If you aren't playing ruthless, you're not playing.
I'm here, I just don't know who to vote for. I don't like the BBC vote because if she is who I think she may be, I'd like her to stick around for a while longer.
I also don't like the LIS vote. I don't see him drawing attention to himself as a wolf, especially this early in the game when it would be easier to skate by. I do think it's weird that he went back and forth on BBC. Yesterday he said he could vote BBC but preferred the WZ lynch because of the bounty, then he said he thought she was village, and now he's voting for her again. I'm also sort of afraid to open Pandora's box by playing into Jabba's game. Sure Jabba paid out bounties, but working with him usually came at a price.
I could still go for cdo, and while other people said yesterday that they could go that way too, no one else voted for her. I will check back after I finish studying another section for my med surg test tomorrow.
Newsflash: My opinion of people changes as they post things, and as other people post things about them.
All you people getting on my back for my shifting opinion of BBC are trying way too hard. Go look at my wolf play and tell me if this is really it.
OK, never heard back from Zen/Lupin so I assume they are sleep. I'll update with their response in the morning (assuming I'm still alive, though I do suspect I will be because I am probably going to be lynched again tomorrow...).
I am Xufal D'uat, bounty hunter from around planet Elrood.
The main part of my role is to look for whatever player is Venom Sting (my ship). My role description said that upon finding that player, the rest of the role would be revealed. Each night I submitted a name of a guess as to who that player was. N1 I tried PBC, and was told I was unsuccessful. N2 I tried Dy, because I was hoping that if we were indeed tied together I could alleviate her suspicions. Again, unsuccessful.
I also had a kill avoidance (that wording), and when I asked Zen if that meant night kill she said that if I was attacked by anyone I would survive. Hence why I'm super confused why I'm alive, and why I PMed her asking if it was indeed my role that kept me alive. I assume it was based on the wording of the write up, but it doesn't make sense based on what she told me. If my kill avoidance was indeed used for lynch tonight, any night actions or lynches from here onwards will result in my death. The death avoidance part of my role did confuse me, since I'm not sure where in the character it came from (according to Wiki they got killed off). The only thing I could think of was my affiliation with Venom Sting, which was apparently a pretty bad ass/sly ship.
Please look into me/block me/track me/whatever. If no one does I will be mighty pissed tomorrow. I'm not lying, and I have nothing to hide. I am still a villager, as hard as that might be to believe thanks to these lovely events.
@dyachei and @PrincessButterCup by any chance did either of you guys get notice of me checking you? Highly doubt it, but if you did it will prove my role.
To try and validate myself some more, I mentioned that I had to Google my role because I had never heard of them. I hope you can kinda see why that might have been the case, because the only characters I knew were the super main ones. This is also why I shot down the idea of the Jabba reward going to bounty hunters, because there was nothing in my role description about that at all.
I am Xufal D'uat, bounty hunter from around planet Elrood.
The main part of my role is to look for whatever player is Venom Sting (my ship). My role description said that upon finding that player, the rest of the role would be revealed. Each night I submitted a name of a guess as to who that player was. N1 I tried PBC, and was told I was unsuccessful. N2 I tried Dy, because I was hoping that if we were indeed tied together I could alleviate her suspicions. Again, unsuccessful.
I also had a kill avoidance (that wording), and when I asked Zen if that meant night kill she said that if I was attacked by anyone I would survive. Hence why I'm super confused why I'm alive, and why I PMed her asking if it was indeed my role that kept me alive. I assume it was based on the wording of the write up, but it doesn't make sense based on what she told me. If my kill avoidance was indeed used for lynch tonight, any night actions or lynches from here onwards will result in my death. The death avoidance part of my role did confuse me, since I'm not sure where in the character it came from (according to Wiki they got killed off). The only thing I could think of was my affiliation with Venom Sting, which was apparently a pretty bad ass/sly ship.
Please look into me/block me/track me/whatever. If no one does I will be mighty pissed tomorrow. I'm not lying, and I have nothing to hide. I am still a villager, as hard as that might be to believe thanks to these lovely events.
@dyachei and @PrincessButterCup by any chance did either of you guys get notice of me checking you? Highly doubt it, but if you did it will prove my role.
To try and validate myself some more, I mentioned that I had to Google my role because I had never heard of them. I hope you can kinda see why that might have been the case, because the only characters I knew were the super main ones. This is also why I shot down the idea of the Jabba reward going to bounty hunters, because there was nothing in my role description about that at all.
you seem to be missing the part where I know both his role and he has proven it to me in asking that kind of question.
Not only that, but how much fricking evidence do you want?
Newer players - especially in pre-vet - always have this desire to have 100% certainty, which is almost NEVER the case. Genny's question was just ridiculous - how much more vouching do you seriously want?
I know you can change your mind, but you went from thinking she was a wolf, to village to wolf all in less than 24 hrs with no explanation of what made you change your mind. If she, or someone else posted something that caused a change, I would hope you would point it out so others could see why you felt that way, and maybe even adjust their vote.Newsflash: My opinion of people changes as they post things, and as other people post things about them.
All you people getting on my back for my shifting opinion of BBC are trying way too hard. Go look at my wolf play and tell me if this is really it.
She claims she was "teasing" meNot only that, but how much fricking evidence do you want?
Newer players - especially in pre-vet - always have this desire to have 100% certainty, which is almost NEVER the case. Genny's question was just ridiculous - how much more vouching do you seriously want?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OK, never heard back from Zen/Lupin so I assume they are sleep. I'll update with their response in the morning (assuming I'm still alive, though I do suspect I will be because I am probably going to be lynched again tomorrow...).
I am Xufal D'uat, bounty hunter from around planet Elrood.
The main part of my role is to look for whatever player is Venom Sting (my ship). My role description said that upon finding that player, the rest of the role would be revealed. Each night I submitted a name of a guess as to who that player was. N1 I tried PBC, and was told I was unsuccessful. N2 I tried Dy, because I was hoping that if we were indeed tied together I could alleviate her suspicions. Again, unsuccessful.
I also had a kill avoidance (that wording), and when I asked Zen if that meant night kill she said that if I was attacked by anyone I would survive. Hence why I'm super confused why I'm alive, and why I PMed her asking if it was indeed my role that kept me alive. I assume it was based on the wording of the write up, but it doesn't make sense based on what she told me. If my kill avoidance was indeed used for lynch tonight, any night actions or lynches from here onwards will result in my death. The death avoidance part of my role did confuse me, since I'm not sure where in the character it came from (according to Wiki they got killed off). The only thing I could think of was my affiliation with Venom Sting, which was apparently a pretty bad ass/sly ship.
Please look into me/block me/track me/whatever. If no one does I will be mighty pissed tomorrow. I'm not lying, and I have nothing to hide. I am still a villager, as hard as that might be to believe thanks to these lovely events.
@dyachei and @PrincessButterCup by any chance did either of you guys get notice of me checking you? Highly doubt it, but if you did it will prove my role.
To try and validate myself some more, I mentioned that I had to Google my role because I had never heard of them. I hope you can kinda see why that might have been the case, because the only characters I knew were the super main ones. This is also why I shot down the idea of the Jabba reward going to bounty hunters, because there was nothing in my role description about that at all.
Meh.. I have used that exact same excuse in the past when I had a lynch avoidance as a wolf. "Its just a kill avoidance, I'm so confused etc etc". So I still dont believe you.. If someone wants to come forward as venom sting I'd be more inclined to listen, but that seems unlikely. 😛
Calm yo tits. It was a joke because the vouching last game was a little off. I unlynched you anyway. 😛Not only that, but how much fricking evidence do you want?
Newer players - especially in pre-vet - always have this desire to have 100% certainty, which is almost NEVER the case. Genny's question was just ridiculous - how much more vouching do you seriously want?
So the Jabba bounty things seems pretty straightforward/villager-y
I'm curious who/if someone got a bounty.
I'm not sure I buy BBC's explanation for why she escaped lynching...seems weird to me.
I'm curious who/if someone got a bounty.
I'm not sure I buy BBC's explanation for why she escaped lynching...seems weird to me.
Night closed, results pending.
Short write-up this morning since class starting soon. Will try to update later.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5K
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 31K