This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeuroNerdMD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

For those of you who were accepted to SGU, I was hoping you could list your stats?
Were you accepted directly or asked to complete MSAP or CFP?
I'm mostly looking for MCAT scores, but if you have your cGPA, sGPA, and/or post-bacc GPA feel free to post those too!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
According to SDN forums all you pretty much need is to have completed your pre-reqs, take the MCAT (score doesnt matter), and have a heartbeat. I'm sure a Carribean school will accept you lol.

According to SDN forums all you pretty much need is to have completed your pre-reqs, take the MCAT (score doesnt matter), and have a heartbeat. I'm sure a Carribean school will accept you lol.

Not the case at all. MCAT score does matter, and science GPA does matter. I've heard from classmates here at SGU of MCAT scores ranging from 490 to 510's.. but it seems like SGU really does take a holistic approach to applications. I'm not going to give out my exact scores but I was in the MCAT range of the low 490s and did a masters in biology in which I got a 3.8gpa.. Admissions will play the balance beam between MCAT and gpa and compensate one for the other... However, from my interview it seems like they weigh GPA more than MCAT.. they really see what courses you've taken and see how prepared you are. I've heard that CFP students tend to have a weak science background/gpa and it's not really their MCAT that's a problem, it's their grades.

I never did CFP, I went right in to term 1, but I feel like CFP is such a financial scam... For 20-30k you can do a one year or even a two year masters in biology or biomedical science and have an actual masters degree, whereas CFP is a risk and you do not get a degree or financial aid. Heck, I did my masters for FREE and was paid a stipend at a public college.

Reactions: 1 user