Step 1 study schedule for groups?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

katiecornflakes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone-
All the study schedules I've found are for people just studying alone. Anyone have any ideas for schedules that incorporate group review time? I'm sure I can make one but I thought I would see if I don't have to reinvent the wheel.
Thanks a bunch! ;)

Members don't see this ad.

i made a plan for my group to use for the next 12 week semester that we have. we're not planning on taking it at the end of the 12 weeks, so it's a bit more relaxed than proper step 1 preparation. it's basically just one chapter of FA per week, except a couple where the chapters are joined because they are small.

I'll add another question - for people that have already taken Step 1 and used group study - what did you feel was the most effective format? I have a great study group but we're not sure how we're going to attack Boards. Did you go over questions as a group, ask each other about different topics or what? Thanks again.

I never liked the idea of a study group except for clinical exams when you can practice on each other. Each member of the group is going to have different strengths and weaknesses, and different needs as far as boards revision is concerned. In the ideal world, people help each other bringing others up to their level in the subject they are particularly strong in. In reality, however, group members bog each other down as something that is perfectly obvious to you may not be that obvious to you and vice versa, so you spend precious time going over things you already know for the sake of others. SDN is as close to a study group as I ever want to get.

Just my 2 pence:)

I'll add another question - for people that have already taken Step 1 and used group study - what did you feel was the most effective format? I have a great study group but we're not sure how we're going to attack Boards. Did you go over questions as a group, ask each other about different topics or what? Thanks again.

we have our first group meeting today, and essentially will be doing practice questions from different sources, like First Aid Q&A, etc. either do it test-style and go over answers/explanations at the end, or do question-answer-question-answer, etc. Before this though, I think we're just gonna go over any major topics anyone noted during their self-study that they didn't fully comprehend.