Step 2 CS 08/15/2018 Score Report Release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skywhite

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have created this thread for all who are anxiously waiting, and hoping to Pass this uniquely unpredictable exam. The scores will be released beginning August 15.

I took CS in Philly. Made a ton of mistakes. I wish everybody good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Also took CS in philly. This wait is literally torture. Keep replaying the mistakes I made in my head. I guess we'll see what happens in 10 days. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Super nervous and also writing ck in a few days. This month sucks so bad.

I can't remember most of my cases anymore which makes me even more nervous. I feel like my score will be totally random
and if I failed I'll have no idea why.

Reactions: 1 user
Right there with u guys.
One more week.
I hope we all pass.
Fingers crossed. Praying hard.
Everyday I get reminded of mistakes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Gave exam in houston in july. Took exam very lightly initially but after exam remembering lots of mistakes, Now getting super nervous. The wait is killing me. By the way will most of examinees get result on 1st day of reporting period?

Took mine at the end of June in LA. Terrified that I failed. On the very first case I thought I had scrolled down to the bottom of the charting screen but I realized, with like 2 seconds left, that I didn’t. So I have no work up for my first case. My physical exams weren’t that thorough (no special maneuvers or full neuro exams) and i’m sure I forgot to write all of the history in the HPI because I always felt pressed for time. Praying I will pass >.<

End of June,Chicago testing centar...Having nightmares since exam..First few days I actually thought i did well but then starting to remember all the mistakes..:sour:
This will be a loooong week!

6 more days...took mine in houston 6/25....Seems like a long time ago since the exam. My exam permit disappeared just a day after the exam. Guess we shouldnt read too much meaning into that

Took mine in philly, had some issues happened 3-4 days before my exam so I was mentally exhausted, then I found out that I am the only IMG in my exam day, so that stressed me out more,I keep remmbering mistakes/missed questions all the time, I can’t even study for CK, hopefully I will pass, I am not ready to do this again

Took mine in philly, had some issues happened 3-4 days before my exam so I was mentally exhausted, then I found out that I am the only IMG in my exam day, so that stressed me out more,I keep remmbering mistakes/missed questions all the time, I can’t even study for CK, hopefully I will pass, I am not ready to do this again
i understand your fears. i was the only IMG during my test day too. but you have to trust in your preparation and work. hopefully everything will be alright in the end

What makes waiting for this results painful and distressing is the fact that none of us feel 100% confident about passing. All we gotta do is just pray for positive news! T-6!!!!!!

Just joining in! I feel the same as the rest of you. I’ve been extremely anxious and the wait is killing me. I’m hopeful we will all be fine and get the good news next week!

I am praying for everyone and hope that we all be very excited to login here on Wednesday to report the good news!

Hang in there everyone....

Members don't see this ad :)

I wouldnt worry about being the only img, these SPs see a lot of people over many days and there are plenty of imgs going to all centers all the time. Just because you are the only one that day probably means very little in the big picture. Also your note isn’t marked by the center people or on that day.

Joining in, I'm also freaking out. Took the exam the first few days of July, do you all think we will also get scores on Wednesday?

Also anxiously awaiting scores. Quick question regarding ERAS and USMLE scores. I see that first day to submit on timeline is Sept 5th; however, it appears that I ERAS will let me certify and submit my application. If I do this early, will this trigger a USMLE score report in advance of the release possibly avoiding the appearance of CS on my score report?

What?
My permit is still der...it's valid till February..it hasn't disappeared.
Does it mean the other way?

I think for years now the whole permit thing has been bogus but the rumor won’t die and it keeps causing people unnecessary stress

Have any of you guys awaiting results on August 15th tried the step 3 trick to see if you passed CS ?

I just tried it and still cant apply for step 3. Does anyone know if it works for US-IMG’s who haven’t graduated? And what time does the step 3 trick start to generally work?

This wait legit has to be one of the most stressful things I’ve gone through in all of med school.

Last edited:
I am a US-IMG that hasn't graduated as well .. the last three for the last score released said it should go thru if you passed but won't if you failed or your score report isn't be released this week... but there was a discrepancy if the graduating or not made a difference.... Last thread it worked either at 5 am EST or 9am EST...... soooo ughh this waiting is killing me lol

I am a US-IMG that hasn't graduated as well .. the last three for the last score released said it should go thru if you passed but won't if you failed or your score report isn't be released this week... but there was a discrepancy if the graduating or not made a difference.... Last thread it worked either at 5 am EST or 9am EST...... soooo ughh this waiting is killing me lol

Did it work for anyone at 5 am??... I tried, it didn’t work for me.

My permit is supposed to be valid until April 2018. But it disappeared too. Let’s hope disappeard is passed and if you still have it there it means they are too busy to remove it as most of this is done manually. Stay positive! We will all do well!

Step 3 hasn't worked for me as well. I think it only increases anexity. Going to check the results straight on wednesday.

I just tried it and still cant apply for step 3. Does anyone know if it works for US-IMG’s who haven’t graduated? And what time does the step 3 trick start to generally work?

This wait legit has to be one of the most stressful things I’ve gone through in all of med school.
Has this worked for anyone yet??
I am too nervous to check..

Has this worked for anyone yet??
I am too nervous to check..

Ive tried it, it didn’t work for me yet. I wonder if it is possible they fixed the glitch in terms of the scores being sent early for step 3 registeration. If its not working for anyone that’s the only possible reason right?

Can you guys please check lol.....

If I try to click on the permit...it just says that Im not registered.
I don't know what that means.
Anyone loosing appetite and sleep over the result wait?

I feel like a lot of these tricks “work” because most people pass. So you have a bunch of people passing and affirming some administration detail occurred for them as well. I don’t think I’ve ever really heard of anyone who said for any board “yup such and such happened/didn’t happen to my permit but it did for all my friends who passed and I failed“

I feel like a lot of these tricks “work” because most people pass. So you have a bunch of people passing and affirming some administration detail occurred for them as well. I don’t think I’ve ever really heard of anyone who said for any board “yup such and such happened/didn’t happen to my permit but it did for all my friends who passed and I failed“

I feel like the permit thing is probably that way, but the step 3 trick seems legit. It doesn't make sense that it would become available suddenly after NBME released a failing score to FSMB.

Step 3 trick did not work for me either. US IMG. Tried looking at it several times all day. No luck. :unsure:

The anxiety is terrible. Good luck to all of us. I hope the air we breathe is a little sweeter come Wednesday morning.

The stress we deal with is not easy. Waiting for CS test results is tough and we just want an answer of some sort, whether it’s the permit disappearing or not. At this point, we just need to hope and pray it works for all of us. I’m sure all of us put honest hard work towards this exam and we just want our hard work to pay off. The only sure thing will be the result we get on Wednesday morning. Just remember you have family and friends that support you. It’s not easy to deal with this type of stress. I think we as future physicians always provide our support to patients, but sometimes we need that support ourselves. I’m praying for all of us and let’s keep up the positivity!

Reactions: 7 users
Im the one found out about step 3 i think they found out about it so all of u and other ppl cant apply so dont bother urself about step 3 trick coz i think it gonna be not working wish u all the best