Step 2 CS 08/15/2018 Score Report Release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skywhite

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have created this thread for all who are anxiously waiting, and hoping to Pass this uniquely unpredictable exam. The scores will be released beginning August 15.

I took CS in Philly. Made a ton of mistakes. I wish everybody good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
In respect to the patient note, can you write ROS Allergies and Meds on the same line
and can you use NC/AT - normocephalic, atraumatic as an abbreviation and LAD lymphadenopathy. i didnt see it on the abbreviation list but heard/seen people using this in cs notes.

Thanks and congrats to those who passed!!!

If it’s not on the abbreviations list I wouldn't risk it. I also tried to make my notes look as much like FA format as possible. Even if other people did it and passed you don’t know if they lost points for it. In my experience it’s also tempting to take risks just to get through the test but when you sit waiting for 2/3 months worrying if you failed the risks start to haunt you.

If it’s not on the abbreviations list I wouldn't risk it. I also tried to make my notes look as much like FA format as possible. Even if other people did it and passed you don’t know if they lost points for it. In my experience it’s also tempting to take risks just to get through the test but when you sit waiting for 2/3 months worrying if you failed the risks start to haunt you.

what about doing ROS: negative except as above Allergies; nkda Meds: none all on the same line

sounds ridic i know but just want to make sure

Members don't see this ad :)
im starting to notice my pt note won't fit if i don't write it out like that,

god this exam is such garbage!

what about doing ROS: negative except as above Allergies; nkda Meds: none all on the same line

sounds ridic i know but just want to make sure

I’ve never seen it like that so not sure. You also want to make sure the note is easy for the marker to read which will help your score. If you practice a bit more timed cases you might get more comfortable condensing it.

Reactions: 1 user
im starting to notice my pt note won't fit if i don't write it out like that,

god this exam is such garbage!

I actually used that format for my note because I myself had the same predicament of fitting everything. Just make sure you add a semi-colon to delineate each system. For example:
ROS: Negative except as above; Allergies: NKDA; Meds: None

You can see that I put a semi-colon after the end of each category/line.

My ICE score was all on the right side/high pass, so if it worked for me, it can work for you too. Try not to crowd it too much. Those 3 are perfectly fine to put in one line. Hope that helps and message me if you have more questions.

Reactions: 1 users
I actually used that format for my note because I myself had the same predicament of fitting everything. Just make sure you add a semi-colon to delineate each system. For example:
ROS: Negative except as above; Allergies: NKDA; Meds: None

You can see that I put a semi-colon after the end of each category/line.

My ICE score was all on the right side/high pass, so if it worked for me, it can work for you too. Try not to crowd it too much. Those 3 are perfectly fine to put in one line. Hope that helps and message me if you have more questions.

Thanks. really appreciate it!!

It worked but as people said above I think they started to figure it out. So it only worked the morning of the score release. Which was still a stress relief at 4 or 5 am when I was able to register on the day of score release. If those few hours help you, then did for me I don't care who says different lol Best of Luck !!!