Step 2 CS 10/11/2017 Score Release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cyberchicken001

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I figured maybe it's time to start a support group for those anxiously awaiting their scores. About me: I took the exam this past week. I'm a US student, did fairly ok on my school OSCE, but was very nervous for CS anyway because I had not seen a patient in over a month before taking the exam. Walked out feeling not bad, but so many mistakes have been hitting me the past few days and I have constant anxiety that I failed and dread the thought of possibly having to retake this thing!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Ugh, studied pretty diligently, always had time to finish encounter, solid differentials, focused notes always completely filled, and part of my tail is in borderline ICE clinical. At least I passed. But this is either a joke or I somehow underperformed the "omg ran out of time and didn't finish anything/forgot key dx, maxed out the ICE" people.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's weird, there are others who took their test on a similar date who have gotten their scores, according to the above posts...

Took it on 8/14 in Philly, no score for me today either. Looks like Drkjerez and I are in the minority of people that didn't get there scores back today. Oh, the agony...

Reactions: 1 user
I passed! I was really worried for the past two months but passed comfortably in all categories.

I'll write a detailed post so that those in the future will worry a bit less.

Reactions: 1 users
Programs will not see the performance breakdown. At the top of the second page of our report, they indicated that that the bars are only for our own benefit. No third party will be able to see it

I know, I don't know what happened, im so worried and depressed :(
I'm really sorry to hear that...that is so strange! But to help put your worries at ease...I legitimately thought I had failed. I was kicked out of the room on one patient encounter because of time. Pretty sure I didn't counsel everyone who smoked/drank. Was not sure on many diagnoses (at least 3-4). I passed comfortably. I hope this helps!

I was able to see my score report on my NBME account about an hour before I got the actual email. So hopefully there's just a delay in your score and hopefully you will get it today!
Thank you so much for your words! I will let you know as soon as I get my score !

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you AMG or IMG? Many have gotten their scores back who have taken it later than you, which is really strange.

AMG... I know, I'm just trying not to read into the delay too much. Looks like there were rumors that a delay = fail, but I think those have been disproved lol.

AMG... I know, I'm just trying not to read into the delay too much. Looks like there were rumors that a delay = fail, but I think those have been disproved lol.
I HIGHLY DOUBT that just because there was a delay that means it's a fail. I wouldn't even worry about that. Like I said I made A LOT of mistakes during the exam and still passed comfortably. I even was kicked out of a room because my time ran out and I was still trying to wrap it up with the patient. Guessed on 3-5 diagnoses. Made errors on physical exam, and made tons of mistakes on my notes. I think you'll be fine!!

My friend got her score 3 months later, and passed. Don't let anyone tell you a delay is a fail fam.

Thankfully, passed. Was a little worried taking it 2 days after CK and being a bit tired. Usually only put down 2 items for differential diagnosis and thought was going to be a problem.

7/26 Los Angeles

Best wishes to the rest of you!

Thank god i passed!
Things I did wrong: half assed all exams (like half a neuro exam, not doing bilateral exams if one limb was injured for example), Only put 2 diagnoses for all but maybe one or two cases.

Passed as well. As stated in my original post I made a crap ton of mistakes, yet still got asterisks is CIS and SEP, and ICE was nowhere near borderline. I know nervous people will read these threads in the future looking for hope, and nothing will really make you feel better until you have that pass in your hand, but don't be like me and stay off SDN until you get your score back :)

Passed! With high performance in all categories. To hopefully provide some reassurance to those still waiting I made quit a number of mistakes - forgot to include social history in at least 4 cases, forgot vitals on multiple, had no idea what 2 diagnoses were, had extremely limited findings to support my diagnoses, missed a lot of key history taking points, performed pretty minimal physical exams (e.g. only did abdominal exams if they had abdominal pain), could not understand one mumbling patient in the slightest.

I PASSED!!!!!

I had a death in the family about 2 weeks before my test and was NOT feeling it on exam day.

I ran out of time without even closing 3 of the 12 cases.
I missed some obvious differentials.

I ran out of time on one of the patient notes without having listed ANYTHING under diagnostic tests.

And I passed ICE without being borderline. Did slightly worse on CIS actually.

since my test I felt brain block , I just can remember 10 cases , I forget 2 , I don't know if I did well or bad in exam but All I remember is that:
Mistakes:
1-SP do some head movement in one counter many times ,I didn't ask him why .
- Sp yawning a lot I didn't asked him why
2- I forget MMS exam in patient with head trauma ( I did all other neurological examination)
3- five cases I felt my first differential D is ok but I wrote other DD that I feel not accurate .
4- The work up in 3 cases with special exam (like pelvic , rectal ) I wrote it as 3rd diagnostic work up instead of first .
5- I forget to ask pt who is 17 yo about immunization status .
6- some cases I didn't ask the SP other associated symptoms .but I clearly know the diagnosis. I was supposed to review that symptoms.
6- I found 2 SP sitting on chair , I asked while I am standing So difficulty eye contact , also I didn't cover them on the examination.
7- after I did the closure , I remember some Symptoms in 3 cases then I asked the SP.
8 -I was totally exhausted in last 3 cases that affect my confident and speech .
9- I think the SP recognize my fatigue because I was yawning
10-I felt my language has a lot of frequent stoping for thinking , then I talk.

The good things:
1- Knock the door in all encounter.
2- introduces self and clarify role .
3- ask the SP if he feel comfortable .
4- ask the SP how w'd like to be addressed .
- keep good eye contact .
- very good empathy
- try my best in answering the challenging Q.
5- I did good HPI , ROS , PAM HITS FOSS in all cases( Female I did for all of them LMP RTV CS PAP)
All heavy drinker ,I asked them CAGE.
6- I did summarization , transition, paraphrase ,Open Q in all cases.
6- I wash my hand before all examination
I did good physical exam for all Cases gentle , Ask consent , exposure , then thanks the SP .
7- I did closure for all cases , then ask did you understand me , are you agree on my plan, do you have any Question , do you have any concern .
8- I did counseling in all cases.
9- I thank the pt then leave the room.
10- I wrote the notes very well .
What is the percent that I will pass, please !!

since my test I felt brain block , I just can remember 10 cases , I forget 2 , I don't know if I did well or bad in exam but All I remember is that:
Mistakes:
1-SP do some head movement in one counter many times ,I didn't ask him why .
- Sp yawning a lot I didn't asked him why
2- I forget MMS exam in patient with head trauma ( I did all other neurological examination)
3- five cases I felt my first differential D is ok but I wrote other DD that I feel not accurate .
4- The work up in 3 cases with special exam (like pelvic , rectal ) I wrote it as 3rd diagnostic work up instead of first .
5- I forget to ask pt who is 17 yo about immunization status .
6- some cases I didn't ask the SP other associated symptoms .but I clearly know the diagnosis. I was supposed to review that symptoms.
6- I found 2 SP sitting on chair , I asked while I am standing So difficulty eye contact , also I didn't cover them on the examination.
7- after I did the closure , I remember some Symptoms in 3 cases then I asked the SP.
8 -I was totally exhausted in last 3 cases that affect my confident and speech .
9- I think the SP recognize my fatigue because I was yawning
10-I felt my language has a lot of frequent stoping for thinking , then I talk.

The good things:
1- Knock the door in all encounter.
2- introduces self and clarify role .
3- ask the SP if he feel comfortable .
4- ask the SP how w'd like to be addressed .
- keep good eye contact .
- very good empathy
- try my best in answering the challenging Q.
5- I did good HPI , ROS , PAM HITS FOSS in all cases( Female I did for all of them LMP RTV CS PAP)
All heavy drinker ,I asked them CAGE.
6- I did summarization , transition, paraphrase ,Open Q in all cases.
6- I wash my hand before all examination
I did good physical exam for all Cases gentle , Ask consent , exposure , then thanks the SP .
7- I did closure for all cases , then ask did you understand me , are you agree on my plan, do you have any Question , do you have any concern .
8- I did counseling in all cases.
9- I thank the pt then leave the room.
10- I wrote the notes very well .
What is the percent that I will pass, please !!

Are you a native english speaker? If yes then I think you for sure did enough to pass