USMLE Step 2CS Score Release June 28th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1yeartogo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Who here is counting down to the opening of the CS reporting period on Wednesday June 28th?

How are you all feeling???

Members don't see this ad.

I passed, was worried I may not as I made some mistakes, I wrote a detailed guide on what I did. Barely made it on ICE, did extremely well on SEP, decent on CIS

Members don't see this ad :)
Also AMG, also took research year, also no clinical experience for over 6 months and no relevant clinical experience for well over a year. I was lucky to have someone who ran through every single first aid case with me. Full hpi, physical, and note written under exam like conditions for each practice case. I still felt terrible after the test. Passed, with ICE closer to higher performance and CIS right in the middle. I went very quickly, which probably resulted in the SP's feeling rushed a little, but also let me finish each case, most with time to spare.

I made lots of mistakes, forgot to order critical tests, and was unsure about whether physical exam findings were positive or negative for many cases (I still am not good at feeling for livers, for example, and there are many examples). This made me worry that they would think I was lying when I reported an incorrect PE finding. Vague plans when summarizing and counseling. Sometimes had pretty weak differentials. I forgot tons of patient comfort stuff (because my practice routine didn't include a clinic bed.) The key for me was practicing the whole encounter a lot and having a system that I did every single time, and time limits for each section. Sure, I missed stuff that my system didn't include, but I was consistent for each case. I did not miss things like sexual history, substance use, and things like weight loss in ROS. Plus, it takes pressure off, because you can go into robot mode. You may miss obvious stuff, but you'll cover enough things that you'll probably pass like me.

I post this to offer a brief respite from the ravages of intense anxiety and neuroticism from those of you who are still awaiting scores. May reading this post provide an oasis as you imagine yourself passing after feeling badly after the test. I know that it will fade soon and you'll be back to your anxiety, but, maybe, while reading this sentence, you can tell yourself that everything will probably be OK you big dumb type A worrywort.

Reactions: 1 users
Passed.

For anyone that is feeling bad, I seriously felt like I had failed. Spiraled into depression for close to a week after. Got a similar score as rock2doc it seems, and also made a LOT of mistakes. Sucked at counseling, I really wasn't even sure what tests I was going to order until I sat on the computer so I gave what I felt were incomplete thoughts at the end. My Ddx and workups I felt were weak, so it's a mystery to me. Some cases I was so nervous I couldn't even remember if I had done a pertinent physical and IIRC may have omitted it because I didn't want to report something I didn't do. Agree that after the test you will realize how much stuff you missed, or dumb diagnoses you put and/or missed, or findings you forgot to include, or important parts of the work up, or how you talked to certain patients... it'll be insane. Chances are though that you passed. I don't think they expect us to be Dr. House quite yet, and I think they realize most of us are really still just students.

Reactions: 2 users
Paaaassssed!!!!!!!!!!
Woke up to a great news this morning.. finally 2 months of anxiety and waiting comes to an end.. passed with borderline performance in ICE & CIS.. just glad that I don't have to take it again..all thanks to my husband who helped me practice on him.. we did 30 cases in 3 days simulating the main exam and he was more than happy to be an SP for all 3 days.. thank you God and thank you all...